Choker from the start?

But that is a ridiculous argument Gambit and you know it. Lets use that line of argument in Test cricket now(against the same team - Australia). SRT's performance in Test matches won 7 Tests 509 runs@42 VVS's performance in Test matches won 5 Tests 816 runs@90.67 VVS has more runs in less Tests VVS has twice the average VVS has same number of 100s and more 50s in less innings! So lets use the same logic, against the same opposition and say SRT is worse a bat than VVS when it comes to Test cricket? Agreed? xxx
And how did you come to this anyway? I said that what made SRT's performances against Australia even greater was the fact that he performed consistently well against them while others failed. Here are the others against Australia(averages): RD: 24 Your crown prince Yuvi: 30 Gangs: 23 Against RSA and Pak, the situation has not been the same. Show me averages against RSA and Pak where 3 out of the 4(RD,Gangs,Yuvi,SRT) flop as badly as the three above against Aus and where only batsman peforms. Lets see.
Bring it on. Last I checked you got kicked off the MOD team so we are on even keel..Bring it on if you have it.
Lurker, this is over the line. Boss was not kicked out of any team and neither was Dhondy. They quit on their own will only from moderation and are still part of the admin team involved in all decisions involving the website. And in the future, if you have concerns or queries about such issues, we would appreciate if you could do so privately rather than denigrate our hard work, imperfect it might be, in public.
And how did you come to this anyway? I said that what made SRT's performances against Australia even greater was the fact that he performed consistently well against them while others failed. Here are the others against Australia(averages):
That doesnt answer my question, heck that doesnt answer any question. Here let me spell it clearly for you Gambo. 1) There is NO point in comparing a player's performance against 1 country. 2) If Australia is the point of comparison VVS outscores Sachin in every single way - better average, more runs, more fifties - in less innings(Test cricket). Do you agree/disagree with my points? xxx
Lurker' date=' this is over the line. Boss was not kicked out of any team and neither was Dhondy. They quit on their own will only from moderation and are still part of the admin team involved in all decisions involving the website. And in the future, if you have concerns or queries about such issues, we would appreciate if you could do so privately rather than denigrate our hard work, imperfect it might be, in public.[/quote'] Fair enough. You obviously would know better than me in this regard and so I shall go by your version. xxx
That doesnt answer my question, heck that doesnt answer any question. Here let me spell it clearly for you Gambo. 1) There is NO point in comparing a player's performance against 1 country.
Well there is a point when you are comparing players from the same lineup against the best in the business. The fact that SRT is the only one who does well against Australia and how his success ties in with our wins is what you disputed and that is what has been proved in this thread.
(2) If Australia is the point of comparison VVS outscores Sachin in every single way - better average, more runs, more fifties - in less innings.
Tendulkar has better average, more tons, more 50s than Laxman against Australia.
Will be interesting to see what new tamasha this KR character comes up with this time ...
I was minding my own facking business. Why the heck are you bringing my name in your frigging discussions with other posters in a denigrating way ?. The last time I checked , you were called "Jerk " by Lurker, Yoda , CC and probably Dandaroy just the very next day after you personally abused me, needlessly I may add. So , it's plain to see that you are the one who wants to create a tamasha and pick up needless fights with other posters . I have kept my end of the bargain . I am not bothering you at all. So what is your beef ? PS. - I am not in a mood today so will continue laterz.
Well there is a point when you are comparing players from the same lineup against the best in the business. The fact that SRT is the only one who does well against Australia and how his success ties in with our wins is what you disputed and that is what has been proved in this thread.
If that was the ONLY criteria then Waseem Raja would be the best batsman of 80s. Sorry it doesnt work that way. I have clearly mentioned that I am more than happy to give extra credit to Sachin when it comes to Australia but I am not gonna buy this unilateral comparison.
Tendulkar has better average, more tons, more 50s than Laxman against Australia.
Sorry can't do. Clearly you have talked about SRT's contribution towards winning against Australia. You have mentioned, as have others, as to how India has failed to win without Sachin in the side. You have not mentioned career average or more runs etc. So we shall have to use the same yardstick against Australia in Test - winning games. And clearly VVS comes out as twice the batsman(90 as against 42) of Sachin. We can agree to disagree on this one but dont move the goalpost. xxx
If that was the ONLY criteria then Waseem Raja would be the best batsman of 80s. Sorry it doesnt work that way. I have clearly mentioned that I am more than happy to give extra credit to Sachin when it comes to Australia but I am not gonna buy this unilateral comparison.
If you fail to see how without SRT, we've struggled to win a pitiful number of games against Aus and despite many pointing this out to you, you refuse to admit this, then I give up. Your stubbornness/ego triumphs.
Sorry can't do. Clearly you have talked about SRT's contribution towards winning against Australia. You have mentioned, as have others, as to how India has failed to win without Sachin in the side. You have not mentioned career average or more runs etc. So we shall have to use the same yardstick against Australia in Test - winning games. And clearly VVS comes out as twice the batsman(90 as against 42) of Sachin. We can agree to disagree on this one but dont move the goalpost.
Oh, so you are talking about innings in matches won. When I posted RD, Gangs and Yuvi's averages, they were overall averages against Aus(check my previous to previous post). Not in matches won. The point I am making(for the billionth time) is no one steps up against Australia save SRT. That is not the case against RSA or Pak and not the case against Australia in tests.
If you fail to see how without SRT, we've struggled to win a pitiful number of games against Aus and despite many pointing this out to you, you refuse to admit this, then I give up. Your stubbornness/ego triumphs.
Yeah sure so when you say it is fact/correct, when I say it is ego/stubborness. Right on :thumbs_up:
Oh, so you are talking about innings in matches won. When I posted RD, Gangs and Yuvi's averages, they were overall averages against Aus(check my previous to previous post). Not in matches won.
Okay so why should I worry about RD, Gangs or even Yuvi??? What gives these three to be the standards against whom lesser mortals that shall be compared? How about comparing with Ajay Jadeja for example. The dude played between 1992-2000, a solid 8 year run. Has 533 runs@48.45. Better than a 45 average of SRT. So you were saying Gambo?
The point I am making(for the billionth time) is no one steps up against Australia save SRT. That is not the case against RSA or Pak and not the case against Australia in tests.
Look up. The example has been given to you. And yes VVS outscores heavily as compared to SRT when it comes to Test cricket against Australia. If you can't see that then you are guilty of being stubborn(your words) xxx
>Has 533 runs@48.45. how many of them are not outs..IIRC, Jadeja was having great run in that tri-seiries...he was not out..did not have average and his only failure was in final
Jadeja was an example since he played with SRT for a good period(7-8 years), heck they opened together too. Here's another zinger! Jadeja played in16 LOI and India won 7 of those(much better ratio than 16 wins in 54 games for Sachin). In this 7 games here is Jadeja's stats: 332@110.66 Do I need to say it much better than SRT?? Sorry if you are going to blast rest of the Indian team as no-gooder and only Sachin as the real-deal be ready to face the truth. xxx
Okay so why should I worry about RD, Gangs or even Yuvi??? What gives these three to be the standards against whom lesser mortals that shall be compared? How about comparing with Ajay Jadeja for example. The dude played between 1992-2000, a solid 8 year run. Has 533 runs@48.45. Better than a 45 average of SRT. So you were saying Gambo?
Good find. So there was actually 1 bat who did well against Australia apart from SRT. Pity only 4 50+ knocks though. And like I keep telling you, in only 1 of the wins against OZ that Jadeja played in had SRT failing. See the relation again. Without SRT doing well in a game against OZ, India struggle to win.
And yes VVS outscores heavily as compared to SRT when it comes to Test cricket against Australia. If you can't see that then you are guilty of being stubborn(your words)
Really? How so? SRT averages more than Laxman. Has more tons and 50s against Australia since Laxman's debut against OZ. Since Laxy's debut, SRT has made 5 tons and 7 50s against Australia in 30 innings. Average - 59 Laxy himself has made 4 tons and 6 50s in 29 innings. Average - 52 Outscores heavily is it?
Good find. So there was actually 1 bat who did well against Australia apart from SRT. Pity only 4 50+ knocks though. And like I keep telling you, in only 1 of the wins against OZ that Jadeja played in had SRT failing. See the relation again. Without SRT doing well in a game against OZ, India struggle to win.
SO let me get this straight. Jadeja plays a grand total of 16 games against Australia, India win 7 of those. A success rate of 43.75% SRT plays a grand total of 54 games and India win 16 of those. A success rate of 29%. And you Sir have the galls to tell me that it is SRT who is responsible for India's success? Doesnt that seem funny to you? It sure does to me.
Really? How so? SRT averages more than Laxman. Has more tons and 50s against Australia since Laxman's debut against OZ. Since Laxy's debut, SRT has made 5 tons and 7 50s against Australia in 30 innings. Average - 59 Laxy himself has made 4 tons and 6 50s in 29 innings. Average - 52 Outscores heavily is it?
Okay so up above you lean on SRT's influence on Indian win but as soon as it comes to Test it becomes a case of Total average!! Double standards I think so. I repeat what I have mentioned before umpteen times. When it comes to test victory against the greatest side in the world VVS outscores SRT by twice in batting average and has more runs even though he has played less games. xxx
Including 25*' date='6* and 11*. Kindly list matches where Jaddu performed and SRT didn't against OZ where we won.[/quote'] And your problem with that is? I dont exactly see you initiating this discussion with ground rules saying only x or y runs shall be calculated, unbeaten etc etc. You start with averages and when shown that Sachin comes 2nd best now have to move the goalpost once again. Woohoo! What a surprise
Contact Lurker for further details .... as i did not bring your name. And in future try to read before you decide shoot from your hips. Maybe you should stop needlessly getting up peoples backsides ... that too without any valid reason ? And feel free to point out what you got told by Gambo in your previous tamasha ..... And is that why Yoda never got a answer from you in that thread on why you wanted a public tamasha. Seems like you are more interested in such nonsense than the reasons that you put forth ? Feel free to bump up your previous tamasha thread and ask the mods what they feel about it.
Jesus ! Stop behaving like a baby and move on dude. I want to read interesting cricket discussion that's going on here between Lurker and Shwetabh/Salil/Gambit. Do you mind ?