Choker from the start?

^ Really clutching to straws here' date=' are we? :hysterical:[/quote'] Dude, lets have a talk rather than me seeing your laughing emoticon every other post. Like I said against kenya, tendulkar failed twice and hence the worshippers dont want to recognize any other batters contributions against them in the worldcup. But it was a super six match and India were 24/3 and remember india lost to b'd to get outaa teh tourney this yr so winning against kenya was important and yuvi played a good innings of 58 to get india outaa the trouble. Gangs scored 100. Also against england he came in the last few over and he scored 42 off 38 and tendulkar came in when he had 50 overs to bat so obviously u can see the reflection in the score there..its not about clutching to straws here.

I've made a lot of smiley less posts in the thread, some of which can gone unanswered and then there are fabrications of half truths and lies of you guys. The bottom line is that not in one single WC 2003 match did Yuvraj play the main role, always the support act and could not rise to the occasion to put his team into the next rounds of last year's CT and this year's WC. Half baked performances, yes but decisive innings like Tendulkar and Ganguly played for more than a decade? Far from it. BTW, Tendulkar scored 82 in the SF against Kenya. Now if that's a failure and Yuvraj's 58 as second fiddle to Ganguly's century in the super six encounter is a success, don't you think it's better if I just laugh away your posts?

LOL..mR Salil' date=' so god was a betetr fielder than yuvi too at some stage?...show me a stunner he has taken ever like yuvraj.[/quote'] this thread is turning out to be a real sad one but what the heck might as well join in the fun yuvraj bhaiyya eat ur heart out yAoecpEF7bw
I've made a lot of smiley less posts in the thread, some of which can gone unanswered and then there are fabrications of half truths and lies of you guys. The bottom line is that not in one single WC 2003 match did Yuvraj play the main role, always the support act and could not rise to the occasion to put his team into the next rounds of last year's CT and this year's WC. Half baked performances, yes but decisive innings like Tendulkar and Ganguly played for more than a decade? Far from it. BTW, Tendulkar scored 82 in the SF against Kenya. Now if that's a failure and Yuvraj's 58 as second fiddle to Ganguly's century in the super six encounter is a success, don't you think it's better if I just laugh away your posts?
I don't even know whats teh pt you are trying to make? Everyone knwos sachin was the most successful batter in wc2003. stats prove it and he was the mos or something but to put down other players contributions when I am clearly showing it you just proves how thick minded you really are..and sachins 82 was also second fiddle to Gangulys so there.
Take 2 ...
YouTube - Tendulkar takes a stunning catch on the boundary N ow lets see a Final over by Y where he goes for 5 runs and not 5 sixers :D
hahah is that his best catch?..lol and yea yuvraj doesnt have a lot of memorable bowling performances..One match winning i can remember of the back of my mind wa sin natwest when he got 3/39 or sumthin when eng at one pt looked liek getting 300+ but restricted them to 270...
I don't even know whats teh pt you are trying to make? Everyone knwos sachin was the most successful batter in wc2003. stats prove it and he was the mos or something but to put down other players contributions when I am clearly showing it you just proves how thick minded you really are..and sachins 82 was also second fiddle to Gangulys so there.
But you called 82 a failure and 58 a success didn't you? Also 82 > 58 and SF > Super Six And if you know that Tendulkar was the standout performer in the 2003 WC and Yuvraj was at best the fourth fiddle in the lineup after Ganguly and Dravid why are you needlessly trying to big up his performances? He did a decent job, that's about it. My point is simple. Those were the heydays of Tendulkar, Ganguly, and Dravid and the likes of Yuvraj and Kaif were the support acts. We were not winning as much as we wanted but still did okay. Reached a lot of finals including the WC and CT and jointly won the CT. These are the heydays of Yuvraj and Dhoni with Tendulkar, Ganguly, and Dravid declining and expected to play a support act. And we are getting kicked out from the first rounds of all major tournaments we are playing because the lead players are under performing. Not on one occasion in these games have Yuvraj or Dhoni been able to rise to the occasion and take the game away from the opposition by scoring a big hundred etc. And yet all we hear from a section of the posters here is incessant and mindless praise of these under performers at the expense of bashing the "big three" without rhyme or reason.
But you called 82 a failure and 58 a success didn't you? Also 82 > 58 and SF > Super Six And if you know that Tendulkar was the standout performer in the 2003 WC and Yuvraj was at best the fourth fiddle in the lineup after Ganguly and Dravid why are you needlessly trying to big up his performances? He did a decent job, that's about it.
Yup, he did a decent job Point proven. I never said he was teh star performer of the worldcup 2003 but he didnt fail outright as some of you here wanted to convey. keep goinn!!!!
But you called 82 a failure and 58 a success didn't you? Also 82 > 58 and SF > Super Six And if you know that Tendulkar was the standout performer in the 2003 WC and Yuvraj was at best the fourth fiddle in the lineup after Ganguly and Dravid why are you needlessly trying to big up his performances? He did a decent job, that's about it. My point is simple. Those were the heydays of Tendulkar, Ganguly, and Dravid and the likes of Yuvraj and Kaif were the support acts. We were not winning as much as we wanted but still did okay. Reached a lot of finals including the WC and CT and jointly won the CT. These are the heydays of Yuvraj and Dhoni with Tendulkar, Ganguly, and Dravid declining and expected to play a support act. And we are getting kicked out from the first rounds of all major tournaments we are playing because the lead players are under performing. Not on one occasion in these games have Yuvraj or Dhoni been able to rise to the occasion and take the game away from the opposition by scoring a big hundred etc. And yet all we hear from a section of the posters here is incessant and mindless praise of these under performers at the expense of bashing the "big three" without rhyme or reason.
Dude, simple logic.. India won when big 3 performed cuz they all BAT UP THE ORDER and the others LIEK YUVRAJ, KAIF AND DHONI SUPPORTED TO ADD UP TO THE BIG TOTALS. So hwo can you expect the top 3 to fail and yuvraj and dhoni to guide you to victory all the time cuz if BIG 3 DONT SCORE THAT MEAN TEH TOP ORDER IS USELESS... If it wasnt top 3 at the top and if it wa ssome other youngsters at the top who had the ability and talent to perform, India will win too...Its simple logic......
Dude, simple logic.. India won when big 3 performed cuz they all BAT UP THE ORDER and the others LIEK YUVRAJ, KAIF AND DHONI SUPPORTED TO ADD UP TO THE BIG TOTALS. So hwo can you expect the top 3 to fail and yuvraj and dhoni to guide you to victory all the time cuz if BIG 3 DONT SCORE THAT MEAN TEH TOP ORDER IS USELESS... If it wasnt top 3 at the top and if it wa ssome other youngsters at the top who had the ability and talent to perform, India will win too...Its simple logic......
CT match against WI last year. We have already won against England(top scorer Tendulkar, BTW) and one more win will take us to the SF. Youth brigade of Sehwag and Pathan depart. Tendulkar scores a half decent 30. Dravid is batting well. Time for Yuvraj to show his mettle, right? Wrong. Gets out. WC game against BD. Again youth brigade of Sehwag and Uthappa goes early. Tendulkar and Dravid fail but Ganguly holds one end up with Yuvraj. Time for Yuvraj to show his mettle, right? Wrong. Gets out. What's the point of having these so called great young performers when their success still depends mainly on the success of the geriatric brigade, who are supposed to the support cast and in both these games and the one against SL in the WC Yuvraj fell while a member of the geriatric brigade was his partner. Instead of taking lead as the MVP etc. he puts the pressure on the geriatric brigade. Obviously, you won't agree to even clearly laid out numbers and now game situations, so I am done here.

I'll pick up where you left off, shwetabh. In terms of tests, Yuvraj has played 19 - not a bad sample size now. Two centuries, one much hyped, both discussed on the earlier page. Among his other innings, here's a run down of his other significant performances in big game situations to contribute to India: *crickets*

Dude' date=' if you think the knock in super sixes against kenya was not important, why did your god depart so early and india were in a tricky position at 24/3 or something? and India had to win that game for any hopes to reach wc semifinal and oh god didnt score against kenya in semifinal either..ohbut its only kenya right...they reached semis in wc for ur info.[/quote'] LOL! India had to win against Kenya to have any hopes? That says it all. :hysterical: BTW didn't SRT make 83 against Kenya in the semis? :laugh:
No he is not. I was surprised to make you see that statement categorically and so I checked. I remember distinctly how he failed, or atleast did not perform as good as is his norm, in Pakistan and against Pakistan at home(2004) and he was massively outscored by other players. I am sure there may be other series too.
Umm, when I said he has been our top run getter in each and every series since the World Cup, I obviously meant the 2007 world cup. He was our top run getter against RSA, against England and now against Australia. Hardly the deeds of a passenger.
Disagree. I clearly mentioned the timeline 2000-2001. I also suggested how Sachin fans shall rake up past records now. Look let me repeat again, Sachin's past is NOT under scanner here. It is futile to repeat the same line that he was best bat in the world in 90s. I have compared Yuvraj in finals vis a vis Sachin in the finals in the same time period (2000-2001) and their stats do not cover either of them with any glory(18 for Yuvi and 27 for Sachin). Agree/disagree?
Yuvi averages 18 from 15 games and SRT 27 from 11 games. Even though both suck, Yuvi's failures are even more given his reputation to be a big bat under pressure and given the fact that he is in the prime of his career. SRT at the same stage as Yuvi is at right now took us to world cup semi finals.
Alright if that makes you happy Gambo. I personally wouldnt count that as a contribution as we are talking clearly about batting here.
Not a question of making me happy or sad Lurker. Since he made his debut, India have won precisely one game where Tendulkar did nothing with the ball and made less than 35 with the bat. Doesn't that tell you his role in our wins over Australia?
I think you missed his gem of a post where he called Tendulkar's 83 in the SF a failure and Yuvraj's 58 in the Super Six a success.:hysterical:
:laugh: He also said that without India beating Kenya in the first game of the super 6, we would have been out of the world cup. :D