Choker from the start?

Lurker Tendu is good for atleast 2 more years...Dada and Dravid I am not sure about.
Alright Gangs and Dravid go from LOI. thats step 1. I am not convinced SRT is good for 2 years. I will give him 6 months based on his current performance. If he plays as he has been doing for past 2 series I have no complains. But his position should no longer be taken for granted. This is for LOI. In test I would like to see why SRT has not been dropped based on his past 8-10 series. Overall I would say if India loses to Australia at home 2-4 with our top 3 playing in most games it does not seem out of place to start rebuilding this team with youngsters. We may lose some, we may win some but atleast we would have made some plan of sorts and be prepared for future. xxx
Reality my a$$ ... as i keep saying to you ... you wouldnt even recognize what reality is even if it smacked you in your gob ... STFU and let the others enjoy their debates. I know what i am doing and I get confirmation of that privately. Bloody lefty with a bloated ego cant stand getting shown up in debates lekin bakne ka stop nahi karega ..
Hey jacka$$ for the 6789 time you keep saying how BIG and all that jazz you are. Why dont you show me what you got or just get the hell out of my face??
yeah maybe you should learn to debate like grown ups instead of getting all riled up the moment your favourite characters from history are stripped and you get bent out of shape ... Takes about 10 posts for you to start boiling ... and you talk about debates ... pffft
Hahahaha..Debate with YOU!!!! Joke of the decade. :hysterical::hysterical: Who wants to debate with you? Look around, no-one does. YOU are the one that has harped on more than a few occassion ala "Yeah you are good poster we should have debate etc etc etc". Listen pal let me make it clear, I have no interest in you, or debating you. Return the same courtsey and get the hell off...stop bouncing in betwen threads with "Hey Lurks why do you mention stats..come talk to me". How do we spell attention whore?
And I will deal with you as I deem fit .... guaranteed. Clear ?
Bring it on. Last I checked you got kicked off the MOD team so we are on even keel..Bring it on if you have it. xxxx
Lurker' date=' I do hope that you are trying to be funny and aren't actually serious. In the 17 games India has won over Australia with SRT in the team, today was only the [b']third occasion we won with him falling for under 35 and not taking a 5fer.
For starters Gambo that line of reasoning(performance against Aussies) itself is faulty. I did not realize this before but please tell me why you are so keen against Australia? Why not say Pakistan or South Africa? By most accounts for an Indian an Indo-Pak match is the biggest thing out there. Heck even the otherwise stone-cold Sachin was prompted to say (after 2003 WC game) how India were 4-0 in World Cup and how he loved it. So my first question would be - why did you picked Australia ONLY and not South Africa(who have been atleast number 2 overall) or Pakistan(India's biggest rival)? My second point is when peeps here were celebrating how Sachin himself ensures India's victory why should rest of us not be celebrating when we won without the Superstar's contribution? xxx
For starters Gambo that line of reasoning(performance against Aussies) itself is faulty. I did not realize this before but please tell me why you are so keen against Australia? Why not say Pakistan or South Africa? By most accounts for an Indian an Indo-Pak match is the biggest thing out there. Heck even the otherwise stone-cold Sachin was prompted to say (after 2003 WC game) how India were 4-0 in World Cup and how he loved it. So my first question would be - why did you picked Australia ONLY and not South Africa(who have been atleast number 2 overall) or Pakistan(India's biggest rival)?
All great batsmen are judged by their performances against Australia. Australia has been by far the best ODI side in the world for quite sometime now. The stats posted by me and others highlight how on extremely few occasions, others apart from Sachin have stood up and won us a game against them. Without Sachin, India find it very very difficult to win a game against Australia.
My second point is when peeps here were celebrating how Sachin himself ensures India's victory why should rest of us not be celebrating when we won without the Superstar's contribution?
Everyone is celebrating our win. But you are doing so by putting down SRT in this very thread. Doesn't this say it all: In the 17 games India has won over Australia with SRT in the team, today was only the third occasion we won with him falling for under 35 and not taking a 5fer.
All great batsmen are judged by their performances against Australia. Australia has been by far the best ODI side in the world for quite sometime now. The stats posted by me and others highlight how on extremely few occasions, others apart from Sachin have stood up and won us a game against them. Without Sachin, India find it very very difficult to win a game against Australia.
That is not completely wrong, but not completely right either. I would bet that most Indian fans would much rather see India beat Pakistan than India beat Australia. Okay these days the novelty factor is fading away a bit and all but we still remain each other's biggest rival. And South Africa is also a darn good outfit. My point being that while it is understandable to give extra points to Sachin for his performance against World's number 1 team, it is not understandable why Australia is the only team fit for comparison.
Everyone is celebrating our win. But you are doing so by putting down SRT in this very thread. Doesn't this say it all:
Oh come on now. Step away from Sachin bhakti for a second and tell me that you dont find the humour in the situation! That right here people were showing how Sachin was the reason India manages to beat Australia and guess what happens within 24 hours. It is ironical, poetic even! But yes I would be interested if you could look at stats vis a vis Pakistan and South Africa and let me know if Sachin has been as dominant, or if players like Yuvraj not performed upto the mark. xxx
That is not completely wrong, but not completely right either. I would bet that most Indian fans would much rather see India beat Pakistan than India beat Australia. Okay these days the novelty factor is fading away a bit and all but we still remain each other's biggest rival. And South Africa is also a darn good outfit. My point being that while it is understandable to give extra points to Sachin for his performance against World's number 1 team, it is not understandable why Australia is the only team fit for comparison.
But yes I would be interested if you could look at stats vis a vis Pakistan and South Africa and let me know if Sachin has been as dominant, or if players like Yuvraj not performed upto the mark.
Lurker, the point was that no one has stood up against the Aussies consistently apart from Sachin. Thankfully against RSA and Pak, others have which is what makes Sachin's deeds against Australia even greater. And it's not like he has sleep walked against Pak. Against our arch rivals, he's won 2 out of the 4 MoM awards in world cups. Has a ton, 4 90s and a few other 50s in matches won. Did well against them in Pak 2004 tour and Pak 2006 tour.
Lurker, the point was that no one has stood up against the Aussies consistently apart from Sachin. Thankfully against RSA and Pak, others have which is what makes Sachin's deeds against Australia even greater.
But that is a ridiculous argument Gambit and you know it. Lets use that line of argument in Test cricket now(against the same team - Australia). SRT's performance in Test matches won 7 Tests 509 runs@42 VVS's performance in Test matches won 5 Tests 816 runs@90.67 VVS has more runs in less Tests VVS has twice the average VVS has same number of 100s and more 50s in less innings! So lets use the same logic, against the same opposition and say SRT is worse a bat than VVS when it comes to Test cricket? Agreed? xxx