Supreme Court pronounces gay sex illegal

Stuge

And we are about to handover the country to these guys with stoneage idiocy?
Yes... Shame that it's because of them the Supreme Court has given this ruling. if BJP would've opposed the ruling, Supreme Court would've thought otherwise.. Also a shame the Hands in which the country was till now wasn't able to do anything other than providing some lip service.. Now let another round of BJP bashing start...

And we are about to handover the country to these guys with stoneage idiocy?
Yup. Unless a law is passed in the last session, I doubt anything will be done by the parliament in the next 5 years. Congress should introduce a bill and try to get it through in time. BJP calls homosexuality 'unnatural', backs Supreme Court verdict on gay sex http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/bjp-calls-homosexuality-unnatural-backs-supreme-court-verdict-on-gay-sex-458912

Yup. Unless a law is passed in the last session, I doubt anything will be done by the parliament in the next 5 years. Congress should introduce a bill and try to get it through in time. BJP calls homosexuality 'unnatural', backs Supreme Court verdict on gay sex http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/bjp-calls-homosexuality-unnatural-backs-supreme-court-verdict-on-gay-sex-458912
so why dont they? could it be to hide behind their muslim vote bank?....... I for one dont support the BJP in this instance.

so why dont they? could it be to hide behind their muslim vote bank?....... I for one dont support the BJP in this instance.
Centre filed a review petition and it got rejected by SC today only. You want them to introduce a bill when parliament is not even in session :giggle:

Its rich that the congress or secular supporters are pinning the blame on the BJP. Atleast the BJP have made their stance clear. The congress government has ruled India for 50 plus years. They have been in charge from 2004. So what exactly have the congress government been doing for 2004-2009 when the delhi high court made its verdict? Thats an entire term. The congress has been doing what the congress always goes. Make tall claims and sit on the fence. The congress will never introduce a bill on its own to change the law. Their votebank wont allow for it. They will simply make media statements. Reminds me of the Nhava sheva sea link project in mumbai. Planeed since the 1970s by the congress and mooted as a "game changer" for mumbai. Not even close to being built

Centre filed a review petition and it got rejected by SC today only. You want them to introduce a bill when parliament is not even in session :giggle:
so i ask again what exactly were the congress doing for 2004 to 2009 when they were in power. So was there no session at all.

The cabinet can pass an ordinance. That is what the homosexual activists have asked for.

so i ask again what exactly were the congress doing for 2004 to 2009 when they were in power. So was there no session at all.
Congress was wrong then just as BJP is wrong now. But the Delhi HC did the right thing then. However BJP goes one step further and says that homosexuality is unnatural, which indicates that decriminalizing it goes against their core votebank - the chaddis.

Yes... Shame that it's because of them the Supreme Court has given this ruling. if BJP would've opposed the ruling, Supreme Court would've thought otherwise.. Also a shame the Hands in which the country was till now wasn't able to do anything other than providing some lip service.. Now let another round of BJP bashing start...
thats what the congress are , a party of lip service. The calculation for the congress is simple. Dont piss of muslims. Clearly Muslim community as a whole are not for legalising homosexuality. Case closed.

The cabinet can pass an ordinance. That is what the homosexual activists have asked for.
I want the government to introduce a bill, not just an ordinance. Because an ordinance will expire in 6 months, and in all likelihood the next government will not move for an act

Congress was wrong then just as BJP is wrong now. But the Delhi HC did the right thing then. However BJP goes one step further and says that homosexuality is unnatural, which indicates that decriminalizing it goes against their core votebank - the chaddis.
Maybe BJP is trying to cater to the "secular Crowd"-Or have the Books been updated or messages from messengers been decoded to embrace Homosexuality :giggle:

thats what the congress are , a party of lip service. The calculation for the congress is simple. Dont piss of muslims. Clearly Muslim community as a whole are not for legalising homosexuality. Case closed.
lol, and the BJP is the noble party here, because they have decided not to piss off the chaddis? Even among Muslims , I am sure only the chaddis are opposed. The common man whether Hindu or muslim doesn't really care as was demonstrated by the lack of opposition to the Delhi HC verdict in 2009.

and i agree. Delhi HC did the right thing. But the Delhi HC are not the congress. IE the congress has not implemented any change. They just sat back and did jack all. The difference your missing is, BJP in in line with its vote bank or core supporters. The congress is not in line with its vote bank supporters and is simply pretending to be a goodie two shoes. There in lay the difference. The point in all this as you admitted is, lets stop pointing fingers at the BJP. Parties like BSP, SP and even Trinamool are never going to vote for a gay rights bill. They as max might abstain. If the congress wanted a gay rights bill. They would have introduced it like a female reservation bill.

lol, and the BJP is the noble party here, because they have decided not to piss off the chaddis? Even among Muslims , I am sure only the chaddis are opposed. The common man whether Hindu or muslim doesn't really care as was demonstrated by the lack of opposition to the Delhi HC verdict in 2009.
BJP are a consistent party in this instance with their thoughts and motives. The issue if consistency. Not who is morally right or wrong. IMO both congress and BJP are morally wrong. But the congress is more wrong as they do nothing but provide false hope.

and i agree. Delhi HC did the right thing. But the Delhi HC are not the congress. IE the congress has not implemented any change. They just sat back and did jack all. The difference your missing is, BJP in in line with its vote bank or core supporters. The congress is not in line with its vote bank supporters and is simply pretending to be a goodie two shoes. There in lay the difference.
So the BJP is doing the wrong thing to appease its vote bank. And this is somehow a good thing? :confused: And the Congress is doing the right thing despite it going against their vote bank.. The first thing the Congress did was to file a review petition and now I expect them to introduce a bill to decriminalize homosexuality. I will criticize the Congress as well if they don't because the next government will most certainly not take the initiative.
The point in all this as you admitted is, lets stop pointing fingers at the BJP. Parties like BSP, SP and even Trinamool are never going to vote for a gay rights bill. They as max might abstain. If the congress wanted a gay rights bill. They would have introduced it like a female reservation bill.
As of now, they havent made the stance clear. These parties stand is only important after a bill is introduced. But the stance of the BJP and Congress is important because they are national parties and most likely to be heading their respective alliances

BJP are a consistent party in this instance with their thoughts and motives. The issue if consistency. Not who is morally right or wrong. IMO both congress and BJP are morally wrong. But the congress is more wrong as they do nothing but provide false hope.
Unless you personally support the crimiminalizing of homosexuality, not sure how you infer that BJP are less wrong here. Congress did what it could till now after the verdict - that was to file a review petition to get the court to reverse its stance. The next step to do is to introduce a bill which they should do in the budget session

So the BJP is doing the wrong thing to appease its vote bank. And this is somehow a good thing? :confused: And the Congress is doing the right thing despite it going against their vote bank.. The first thing the Congress did was to file a review petition and now I expect them to introduce a bill to decriminalize homosexuality. I will criticize the Congress as well if they don't because the next government will most certainly not take the initiative.
what right thing is the congress doing? Thats the point. they are just making claims. Talk is cheap. when they actually take some action i will say yes, they are doing the right thing.
As of now, they havent made the stance clear. These parties stand is only important after a bill is introduced. But the stance of the BJP and Congress is important because they are national parties and most likely to be heading their respective alliances
even Modi has not made his stance clear. Rajnath has made his views clear. His views may not reflect the views of Mr Modi. So if you are ready to give others the benefit of the doubt, you should give the BJP government the same benefit....

Unless you personally support the crimiminalizing of homosexuality, not sure how you infer that BJP are less wrong here. Congress did what it could till now after the verdict - that was to file a review petition to get the court to reverse its stance. The next step to do is to introduce a bill which they should do in the budget session
they have the budget session even now. So it remains to be seen.... and i support homosexuality. A few of my close friends in the UK are gay. In the uk the majority support homosexuality.

what right thing is the congress doing? Thats the point. they are just making claims. Talk is cheap. when they actually take some action i will say yes' date=' they are doing the right thing.[/quote'] Filing a review petition was the right thing because it gave SC to correct its judgement which the court rejected today Now comes the next steps which they should take. And Congress would be rightfully criticized if they don't do that. Rajnath has made it clear that it is the party stand, not his personal opinion. Unless Modi says otherwise and given his rightwing ideology, it is safe to assume that he shares those views.