Supreme Court pronounces gay sex illegal

Stuge

Huh, I'd want to discount that "normal way of life" remark. Normal? A sexual relationship that isn't governed by basic instinct of reproduce isn't really normal in the first place mate. Anyways, lets leave that for the time being. Unnatural sex includes masturbation, so haven't we all, at some point in time, broken that as well? I don't see a movement "justice for masturbators" anywhere, do I? :cantstop: As I said before, majority of society don't accept homosexuals in our society. Its odd you make tall claims about majority of LGBT guys' opinion but pretend not to consider majority of society's. double standards much?
lol, it is not possible to include more red herrings into one reply

Has any of the internet Gay rights activists thought about the consequence of this becoming legal? Can you imagine with all the attention and unecessary hype this is getting,how much worse it would get in terms of discrimination and Human-right violation if all of a sudden things 'loosened' up.

Listen, I don't have time for this nitpicky arguments. I've made my stance clear. If I want I can present and have presented a 100 things n favor of homosexuality. And as I said earlier, if the country was dominated by precambrians, homosexuality would've been made legal a long time back. Unfortunately that isn't the case. Homosexuality, for all that it is, isn't "normal", just like how albinos aren't normal. The society as it is now, isn't prepared to accept their abnormality is within the thresholds of what is acceptable to be living in a social group. Laws have to respect what the society thinks (always believed laws are nothing but societal norms, customs, rituals and thoughts codified and legally enforceable). Democracy reflects majority opinion and must continue to in this regard as well. I have time and again quoted 'pubic nudity' as a case in point but haven't got any counter argument on that. I don't subscribe to it at the moment, but in far future, I foresee a group of internet junkies arguing pages after pages on that as well.

While at it let us open up Pork and Beef Shops in every corner and make those dishes available in every restaurant as that is pro choice as every human needs to get his "meat' :dance: We are such a liberal society why not
lol not sure if serious. :confused: Though its a usual red herring, what is wrong with having pork and beef shops. Lot of restaurants do serve it -even though not all because of a lack of demand.

While at it let us open up Pork and Beef Shops in every corner and make those dishes available in every restaurant as that is pro choice as every human needs to get his "meat' :dance: We are such a liberal society why not
Advocate for grown up kids not to look after their old parents stating 'do cats do it? do dogs do it?' In fact make a law de-criminalising such behaviour,

why does it matter if society accepts homosexuality? thats not the point. point is you cant decide what others do in their life. ill give you an example. i just came to gujarat two days ago. on the face of it, alcohol is banned in Gujarat, but most of my cousins and their friends, whom i have talked to, know of people who can get you alcohol for the right price through black market. i am just giving example that the more you try to ban things from people, they will just do it more on the sly. difference in this case is that it doesnt have to do with the consumption of a banned commodity, but what a person does with their own body and how they use it with regards to sexual relations. its the same with hardcore right wingers in the US that want to deny women their reproductive rights. this thing shouldnt even be up for debate. it doesnt matter if society accepts it or not. the fact that we are talking about that and not the glaring human rights violation is in itself a reflection of how backwards our society actually is.

Also let's legalize drugs as well. Why rights of minorities who love doing drugs should be taken away. And when Uruguay can do it why can't we? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-25328656

why does it matter if society accepts homosexuality? thats not the point. point is you cant decide what others do in their life. ill give you an example. i just came to gujarat two days ago. on the face of it' date=' alcohol is banned in Gujarat, but most of my cousins and their friends, whom i have talked to, know of people who can get you alcohol for the right price through black market. i am just giving example that the more you try to ban things from people, they will just do it more on the sly. difference in this case is that it doesnt have to do with the consumption of a banned commodity, but what a person does with their own body and how they use it with regards to sexual relations. its the same with hardcore right wingers in the US that want to deny women their reproductive rights. this thing shouldnt even be up for debate. it doesnt matter if society accepts it or not. the fact that we are talking about that and not the glaring human rights violation is in itself a reflection of[b'] how backwards our society actually is.
Sweden and many other countries have banned prostitution in the name of women's right.Don't you think the same argument are applicable on them . I have not seen anybody calling Sweden a backward country.Should the defination of backward and forward comes from western nations ,they can ban anything but still they have their forward tag ,but if India or anyother developing nation bans something then they are backward?

Now what's wrong with that :confused:
lol not sure if serious. :confused: Though its a usual red herring, what is wrong with having pork and beef shops. Lot of restaurants do serve it -even though not all because of a lack of demand.
Nothing wrong with it,As I have stated I don't care what a persons sexual preference is,to each his own,Similarly what a person eats is his own problem-As I said you can choose what kind of meat you like to dig into :winky: But when a country is tuned to react only to anything that has a communal undertone for 60+ years,somethings are bette left untouched and there is a reason why beef and pork is largely an underground delicacies for the most part

why does it matter if society accepts homosexuality? thats not the point. point is you cant decide what others do in their life. ill give you an example. i just came to gujarat two days ago. on the face of it' date=' alcohol is banned in Gujarat, but most of my cousins and their friends, whom i have talked to, know of people who can get you alcohol for the right price through black market. i am just giving example that the more you try to ban things from people, they will just do it more on the sly. difference in this case is that it doesnt have to do with the consumption of a banned commodity, but what a person does with their own body and how they use it with regards to sexual relations. its the same with hardcore right wingers in the US that want to deny women their reproductive rights. this thing shouldnt even be up for debate. it doesnt matter if society accepts it or not. the fact that we are talking about that and not the glaring human rights violation is in itself a reflection of how backwards our society actually is.[/quote'] Yeah first let us lose the comfort of skin color etc,Gay sex is still a far fetched thing

Pork and beef shops are not a major issue and majority is not affected by it.
So Gay rights is :confused: 2.5 million(let us consider this number as accurate) out of how many Billion? I am sure there would be more people who would love to eat beef and Pork...why take out the bigger right...the right to eat whatever one pleases.

Nothing wrong with it,As I have stated I don't care what a persons sexual preference is,to each his own,Similarly what a person eats is his own problem-As I said you can choose what kind of meat you like to dig into :winky: But when a country is tuned to react only to anything that has a communal undertone for 60+ years,somethings are bette left untouched and there is a reason why beef and pork is largely an underground delicacies for the most part
dude, don't sacrifice logic at the altar of humour because your analogy makes no sense whatsover. Consuming beef or pork is not illegal anywhere in India. I don't think you have visited India any time in the last decade because beef and pork both are freely available. Of course a lot of people don't eat them for their religious beliefs but people who want to consume them are neither stopped nor discriminated against.

dude, don't sacrifice logic at the altar of humour because your analogy makes no sense whatsover. Consuming beef or pork is not illegal anywhere in India. I don't think you have visited India any time in the last decade because beef and pork both are freely available. Of course a lot of people don't eat them for their religious beliefs but people who want to consume them are neither stopped nor discriminated against.
Do you really live in India? Beef is banned in several states, even possession of it.
What is widespread available is buffalo meat which is also called beef.

List of straw men put forth till now. Homosexuality is the same as 1) Public Nudity 2) Dog eating poop 3) Dogs not taking care of their parents in old age 4) Legalizing drugs 5) Consuming beef or pork
You are twisting arguments to make it seem like the arguments made are against a particular community or a group of people,The argument to begin with was about how an issue which was better off left alone has been politicised. I am merely stating that if it ever the subject had to be touched or fiddled with,I would rather have it go in the direction of Nay than Yay solely because 1)Our Society has other major issues to focus on b)The sentiments are (I can bravely put a number and say 90%) not in favor of acknowledging or having everything to do with ignoring this communtiy,so this keeps emotionsin Check. If you want to talk the political aspect of it....Yes,Congress don't want to benefit anyone,this is just a farce and Yes in the wake of this unnecessary controversy BJP has said the politically correct thing to say(in our environment),It would be a political suicide in the west,so nothing wrong with what they chose

Do you really live in India? Beef is banned in several states, even possession of it.
Can you share the law which bans consumption of beef in India? Only Cattle slaughter is banned (different legislation in different states and puts conditions), not the consumption. Anyways this is totally offtopic, so we can continue this discussion on another thread. there was a thread in the politics forum