'I can still play one-dayers' - VVS Laxman

Rohan495

Guest HariSampath

VVS has got every right to express his wish to play for India in ODIs after all he is a fine classy stroke player In fact the only time India won a test match in a miraculous manner purely because of batting was his terrific aggressive 281 at Eden Gardens. He has also played several brilliant test innings against Aus , in As etc. But I don't think he should be played due to his fielding which is as bad as Ganguly's and Dravid's , but if Laxman shouldn't be there, so shouldn't Ganguly and Dravid

in regards to fielding, I believe Laxman is a great fielder. Its a myth that his fielding is bad. You guys cant hate on the fact that his strike was really good in English conditions, and comeon he played 5 matches for a really competetive english league and surely his impact was felt. look at his strike rate 100 from 100 balls in a unlimited cricket match shows hes in prime form. His presence in the lancashire side was immense since day one he played for them. Yea we all know he is ageing. But if a player can prove he is fit and perform i believe he should be reconsidered maybe bring him back for the VB series if he performs well in Australia in tests. We cant just throw in a bunch of young talents against team like Australia but in the end we want to win, we want match winners, we need experience to guide the youth. Laxman is just the perfect fit for that, he can sure play a handful of ODIs before he retires. Instead of having players like Karthik on the bench maybe we can have some experienced class players on the bench no one is saying Laxman should right away play ODIs but if the team is consistently failing and loosing important matches its time to stick to the basics experienced and matchwinning players will serve India right. lets face it guys 20 20 doesnt mean much youth can win us matches like that but i doubt they can hang in one days. In times of crisis ive seen Laxman anchor the innings rotate strike and hit boundaries. India needs a strong middle order and Laxmans presence will bolster the Middle order. My Winning 11 for Pakistan and Aus ODIS Sourav Sachin Laxman Yuvraj Dravid Uttapha Dhoni Pathan Bhajj Zaheer RP Singh

I also believe Australia is a team to look at in regards to youth and Experience look at theyre middle order Symonds Age 32 Pointing Age 32 Hayden 34 Gilchrist 35 Hussey 33 All these players are above 30. But then you have young players like clarke and watson. I think thats how india should be. Young players have to earn their way up. let them play big knocks against teams like Aus Pakistan and maybe they can make theyre way in. Seems like Indian selectors try to throw in youngsters into the team and maybe they show signs of good stroke play but always choke. A player like Laxman is a proven matchwinner whether it be in tests or ODIs and im pretty sure Laxman would react to the situation and adjust his game to silence his critics

Laxman has played 86 matches Laxmans average: 30.76 Yuvraj at 86th match: 31.90 Dravid at 86th match: 37.50 I mean considering Laxman was in and out of the team in for one series out for another in for one out for another that has been the pattern of his one day career. Thats still a descent average considering that he was always the one in and out of the team.

:hysterical: Thats harsh:haha:
No it is not...........remember a certain ganguly lover? Rohan is the same except hes not crude mostly and doesnt vilify other players. But everytime i see someone talking good abt laxman, it has to be Rohan. The worst part is that he doesn't logically debate the topic either. If anyone brings up Laxmans fielding, he will bring up Gangulys fielding. If anyone brings up laxman avg, he will bring up yuvis (not entire career or his recent games but whatever that will make laxman look good) and when you bring up laxmans age, he will bring up sachins age..........All the time not realizing that while these things that go against laxman are not unique to laxman, he is the only one with all these problems.

lol i just laugh when the middle order crumbles, and in regards to my posts being a joke, dude dont you want you team to win when do they ever win a series these days? im just being practical the indian team needs some middle order help. and besides man i love it when people go against me just shows that im a leader and not a follower like most of yall.

i have the right to talk about Laxman all i want. Hes a classy, matchwinning, efficient players not only in tests but im sure he has a few years left to resurect his odi career, seems like you guys dont value improvement, if you guys havent noticed Laxman has improved a lot between the wikets even in the england series. Might as well have him play number 3 rather than Karthik or Gambhir