Aam Aadmi Party Thread

Stuge

I have read the article in its entirety before posting it. You need to read my post again, this time try with an unbiased mind if that is even possible. I have not made a single comment about the article, just posted the article in its entirety. However, you look at my posts from an adverserial point of view, hence you are seeing some hidden comments that don't even exist. It can also be seen in the manner in which you critique. Now, check my post again and we can see who really got an egg on their face. If you have a problem with the contents of the article then the source is timesofindia, not me. You may now wipe your face.
Here are two possibilities on why you share the article. A - To show AAP in bad light Yes, you posted an article in its entirety - there's no doubt about it. But, that's my exact beef with your post. Since in normal discussions we expect that the person reads the article before sharing it I thought you must have read and then posted it. Given that you hadn't highlighted the inconsistency of the article, I said you should've read it before you posted it. Moreover, Why shouldn't I take your post as an adversarial point of view? I haven't seen a single positive post/article about AAP from you. Your allegiances are clear - you don't like AAP and you are entitled to have it! I am not anti AAP and I am entitled to have it as well. I don't see it a big deal. B - "Hey! I found something interesting and shared it". If you did use this scenario to post your article, you should be consistent with your comments across such posts. For example - I posted something about Modi on the Chit Chat section about riots. Your retort and line of argument was "Why don't you post about others?". You'd now understand how deeply flawed that logic is. You should've also thought "Hey! Dexter found something interesting and shared it. Lets look into it." OTOH, you started diverting from the topic which is once again OK. No matter whatever line of discussion you choose, the least is expected would be consistency. You can't pick up A or B when to suit your allegiances.
As regards to the quality of my posts' date=' I do not need your advice. I do not like the tone of your comments either. They are unusually harsh. I am only mentioning this since you commented on the tone of my posts. I do not mind even if you persist with this tone.[/quote'] FYI - I never commented on the quality of your posts. You may want to revisit my post. Personally - I don't want to be harsh, just wanted to discuss. If you find me being harsh, point it out. But also understand, that if you go ahead in a tone - you should be ready to face it back as well. Note, I haven't responded to any invectives despite you were the one to start it out. I expect to stick to the topic of the discussion .

Here are two possibilities on why you share the article. A - To show AAP in bad light Yes, you posted an article in its entirety - there's no doubt about it. But, that's my exact beef with your post. Since in normal discussions we expect that the person reads the article before sharing it I thought you must have read and then posted it. Given that you hadn't highlighted the inconsistency of the article, I said you should've read it before you posted it. Moreover, Why shouldn't I take your post as an adversarial point of view? I haven't seen a single positive post/article about AAP from you. Your allegiances are clear - you don't like AAP and you are entitled to have it! I am not anti AAP and I am entitled to have it as well. I don't see it a big deal. B - "Hey! I found something interesting and shared it". If you did use this scenario to post your article, you should be consistent with your comments across such posts. For example - I posted something about Modi on the Chit Chat section about riots. Your retort and line of argument was "Why don't you post about others?". You'd now understand how deeply flawed that logic is. You should've also thought "Hey! Dexter found something interesting and shared it. Lets look into it." OTOH, you started diverting from the topic which is once again OK. No matter whatever line of discussion you choose, the least is expected would be consistency. You can't pick up A or B when to suit your allegiances. FYI - I never commented on the quality of your posts. You may want to revisit my post. Personally - I don't want to be harsh, just wanted to discuss. If you find me being harsh, point it out. But also understand, that if you go ahead in a tone - you should be ready to face it back as well. Note, I haven't responded to any invectives despite you were the one to start it out. I expect to stick to the topic of the discussion .
The article is definitely not a glowing endorsement of the choice of AAP's candidate for the elections. However, the point of my prior post was that even when I did not post any personal opinion on that article, you still opted to attack me on a personal level. I guess you do not see anything wrong in using terms like "egg on face", coming from the Somnath Bharti ("spit on face") school of language. My post before that was laced with sarcasm, but I do not use derogatory terms. If you find offence with sarcasm, I will refrain from using the same while communicating with you. Coming back to the point of posting the article. You need to read the article carefully. While the AAP candidate from Hisar did stand by Khemka's order on DLF-Vadra, he also did allow land consolidation to proceed, which Khemka had withdrawn due to his belief that certain influential people will wrongly benefit from it. On whether what the candidate did was right or wrong, well, you can draw your own conclusions.

Kejriwal's IIT support dips http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/arvindkejriwalacommonmaninpolitics/kejriwal-s-iit-support-dips/article1-1194258.aspx

Ritesh Singh, a final-year student of IIT Kharagpur, donning an Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) cap, is a member of the party, but says he won't vote for it. "There is no formal way of resigning from the AAP membership, otherwise I would have done it already," Singh, a student of computer science, said. "I was with Arvindji since the Anna (Hazare) movement, but now I am disillusioned with him and his party. They just want to be in the news all the time and are merely interested in vote-bank politics." Brand IIT, which played a pivotal role in building Kejriwal's image — he is an alumnus of IIT Kharagpur — and believed that he could bring about a change in the corruption-tainted political landscape of the country, is losing faith in him. Some IITians settled abroad, who were earlier supporting Kejriwal, are no longer enthusiastic about him. "We were all proud when Kejriwal joined politics," Anil Bansal, an alumnus of IIT Kanpur settled in the US, said. "Finally, a smart, hard working intelligent person had entered politics. This is what India needed. But when he resigned as Delhi chief minister and started focusing his energies on attacking Narendra Modi, we started questioning his integrity. Is he just a puppet of the Congress? Disappointed will be an understatement." Nawal Agrawal, a final-year student of IIT Kharagpur and a former AAP supporter, said: "They have deviated from their stand. Not everything in Gujarat is bad. They should have praised the good things while criticising the bad things, instead of doing theatrics." "Kejriwal had started with promise, but has proved to be yet another politician," Angshuman Chakraborty, an alumnus of IIT Kharagpur, said. "His attention-grabbing antics and frequent and opportunist changing of stance have turned many IITians, including myself, against him and the AAP."
Another day and yet more AAP fans asking questions and getting disillusioned with AK and his party. Similarly, another day, and still no answers from AAP for their own party members grievances. They don't answer to anyone including both their own support base or the wider public which would include opposition side questions. As one student wrote, they have turned into doing theatrics instead.

Kejriwal's IIT support dips http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/arvindkejriwalacommonmaninpolitics/kejriwal-s-iit-support-dips/article1-1194258.aspx Another day and yet more AAP fans asking questions and getting disillusioned with AK and his party. Similarly, another day, and still no answers from AAP for their own party members grievances. They don't answer to anyone including both their own support base or the wider public which would include opposition side questions. As one student wrote, they have turned into doing theatrics instead.
Honestly, if you had asked me about 4 months ago, then even I had some expectations of AAP. But ever since the Delhi election results have been declared, all we have got is lies and more lies and a very concerted campaign at trying anything and everything to just remain in the news; making populist economically unviable decisions; random wild allegations, hypocrisy and constantly changing their target depending on which opponent is more popular. Extremely disappointing for what could have been a good initiative.

Honestly, if you had asked me about 4 months ago, then even I had some expectations of AAP. But ever since the Delhi election results have been declared, all we have got is lies and more lies and a very concerted campaign at trying anything and everything to just remain in the news; making populist economically unviable decisions; random wild allegations, hypocrisy and constantly changing their target depending on which opponent is more popular. Extremely disappointing for what could have been a good initiative.
The fact is, it was never really a good initiative. It was just the hype around the party that they are going to make the "difference". They on their own did nothing to show that they are going to be a real threat from the word go. It was the expectations of people more than anything else that made them look like the party to vote for. They were successful in Delhi with their populist schemes and strong anti-corruption slogans, but now having seen already what Kejriwal is all about and his inner intentions unmasked, I doubt this party would even win the assembly elections in Delhi.

Everyone had hopes from AAP in begining,i even posted once that as long as Con party doesn't comes to power in Delhi election its fine even if AAP gets soem seats. But problem with AAP is they are trying to think [rather foolishly] taht they have a magic broom whch will sweep every issues,rather tahn trying to build a model goverannce in Delhi they tried to generate more hype. Add to the arrogance of it's high command,now genuine candidates are gettign disillusioned and a great opportunity is lost :((

If you hold a gun to my head, I will choose Modi

MUMBAI: If given the choice between Narendra Modi and Mayawati for Prime Minister, whom would Arvind Kejriwal favour? "If you hold a gun to my head, I will choose Modi," :two_thumbs_up: the Aam Aadmi Party chief was quoted as saying soon after meeting a group of fund managers and stock brokers in Mumbai on Wednesday. The man who asked the question to the former Delhi chief minister was Anil Singhvi, investment banker and former managing director of Ambuja Cements. In the course of Kejriwal's maiden interaction with financial market representatives, he repeatedly said the 2014 general elections would result in a fractured mandate. That, Singhvi said, prompted him to ask Kejriwal to pick between BJP's prime ministerial candidate, Modi, and BSP leader Mayawati. "At first, Kejriwal told me he would choose none," Singhvi told ET. "But when I persisted and said that the country would need a PM, he said if forced to choose, he would go for Modi. He didn't give any further reasons for favouring Modi. :agree: Singhvi said he was impressed by Kejriwal who came across as an upright and honest person even though he was evasive on many questions. The meeting, attended by close to 50 fund managers and brokers, was held at Bajaj Bhavan
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/if-you-hold-a-gun-to-my-head-i-will-choose-narendra-modi-says-arvind-kejriwal/articleshow/31909985.cms

Rookies, ticket denial upset Aam Aadmi Party veterans NEW DELHI: Murmurs of discontent escalated to serious discord in the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday with two members of the old guard — Shazia Illmi and Kumar Vishwas — protesting against the ticket distribution and an increasing concentration of powers with a few individuals in the all-important political affairs committee (PAC). Illmi, one of the most well-known faces and long time spokesperson of the party, is miffed at being overlooked for a ticket from Delhi. Another founder member of the party also joined her in criticizing his colleagues although his grievances were varied and ranged from lack of support for his election campaign to his virtual exclusion from the decision making process. Amethi candidate Kumar Vishwas is learnt to have expressed concern at the recent selection of candidates and the fact that the party appeared to have strayed from its stated intent of fielding its top leadership against "corrupt" politicians. Besides individual grievances, the criticisms reflected unease over select members of the political affairs committee calling the shots in ticket distribution and other important decisions. The run-up to the Lok Sabha poll has seen political affairs committee as the sole authority in the party — a development that many members feel is contrary to the participatory culture of decision making that the party had espoused in the beginning. Many feel that AAP has increasingly begun to resemble the established party culture where top down decisions are taken. The dissension within the party comes just a day after founder member and national executive member Ashok Agrawal quit AAP accusing the party of being run like a " private limited company'' with an elite group of individuals taking over. Illmi is believed to have turned down the party's proposal for her to stand from Rae Bareilly against Congress president Sonia Gandhi and sought a place in the PAC and a ticket from Delhi. Sources said that Illmi is likely to write to the party leaders raising questions on why her requests were ignored despite her long association and work with the party. When contacted Illmi denied that she was angry or upset at the snub. She said, "I am not upset with the party. I would have been happier if I had been given a chance to contest from Delhi since I connect with people here. I am not like Jaya Prada or Mohd Azharuddin who live in one place and contest from another." She added that she would be happy to work in the party organization now that the seats for Delhi had been finalized. Amethi candidate Kumar Vishwas is said to have expressed his reservations about the functioning of the party. Sources close to the poet-politician said that he felt that the party had strayed from its stated intent to put up strong candidates against "corrupt'' politicians. He is also learnt to have concerns over the choice of candidates and being offered little or no support in hostile constituency like Amethi. "The party could have done a better job at candidate selection. We are hearing of court cases against candidates. This is sullying the image of the party. There is also a feeling that the big leaders of the party are sitting out the Lok Sabha election. So far none of the core team — Arvind Kejriwal, Prashant Bhushan, Manish Sisodia — have announced their own candidature against the corrupt ministers which was the intention of the party from the start," a source said. According to sources, Kumar Vishwas tried to speak to party leader Sanjay Singh and Kejriwal regarding distribution of party tickets several times but his views were not given any importance. Showing his displeasure, Kumar tweeted, "If dirty waters make its way into a river, even those holding reverence for it will have apprehensions before taking holy dip." He later said that differences between the top brass and him had been concocted by the media. Amid all these developments, Kejriwal has been quite hard-nosed on his stand and appeared to be in no mood to give in before Illmi or Kumar Vishwas. While he refrained from a direct comment Kejriwal tweeted, "Ever since I trained my guns on Narendra Modi, things started unfolding in a very interesting manner. Several relationships are donning new meanings but truth will triumph." Responding to the differences between the party leaders, AAP leader Sanjay Singh said, "Both Shazia Illmi and Kumar Vishwas have clarified that they are not angry with the party. They have neither indulged in anti-party activity nor spoken against the party. There could be disagreements over the party decision but this should not be seen as dissidence. This party is run on principles of democracy not dictatorship and these differences should be seen as a sign of strength."
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/specials/lok-sabha-elections-2014/news/Rookies-ticket-denial-upset-Aam-Aadmi-Party-veterans/articleshow/31910270.cms?

Add to the arrogance of it's high command,now genuine candidates are gettign disillusioned and a great opportunity is lost :((
Yes, that's a big point for me. AAP has not at all addressed their own supporters concerns and questions. They are unanswerable to everyone. There will only be more backlash with such arrogance. AAP didn't miss the opportunity but rather they wanted to maximize the opportunity through their selfish acts.

Something is definitely brewing in the AAP top leadership. Kejri is pi$$ed off at Illmi and Kumar Vishwas for diverting the focus away from 'Gujarat & Modi lies'.... KV has been out of recent decision making as he's stationed himself in Amethi (his own decision and he expects other top leaders to fight elections against top opposition leaders) and is feeling left out.. Illmi is still smarting under the reprimand she got from Kejri for her BJP HQ misadventure.. I think there will be a major disintegration post LS polls...

^ I am not talkign about AAP missing opportunity' date='thinking about country missing about a opportunity.[/quote'] Not really, the country still has an opportunity to choose between a proven leader or just candidates making empty promises. Like AAP which is just selling fear instead of their own ability. AAP did once have a golden opportunity to build their ability, create success stories with power in Delhi but as they quickly found it, it's much easier to talk about development than actually to do development and performing actions. And eventually quit and ran away from it. Thus, they are back to square zero with now many of their once supporters quitting their party.

Something is definitely brewing in the AAP top leadership. Kejri is pi$ off at Illmi and Kumar Vishwas for diverting the focus away from 'Gujarat & Modi lies'.... KV has been out of recent decision making as he's stationed himself in Amethi (his own decision and he expects other top leaders to fight elections against top opposition leaders) and is feeling left out.. Illmi is still smarting under the reprimand she got from Kejri for her BJP HQ misadventure.. I think there will be a major disintegration post LS polls...
Isn't that expected? They aren't really a party with any real ideology. Just a group of people with their own selfish reasons to be in the party, like some are anti-national.