2014 Lok Sabha Elections thread |Exit poll results

ganeshran

It looks like the voting percentage has increased substantially from last time BUT I think the absolute increase from last time would not be as much as is shown by the voting percentage. This is because this time the EC has spent a lot of time, money and effort into removing duplicate votes across India - earlier what used to happen was that suppose I shifted from city A to city B and registered as a voter in city B then in many, many cases my name would still be on the voter list in city A (same case could also happen if I shift from one area in my city to another area and my vote is there in both areas) thus creating a duplicate vote. Over a period of 5 years between elections, this created millions of duplicate votes. This time a lot of these have been removed. Though I must say its still a pretty impressive increase in voting percentage over 2009.

It looks like the voting percentage has increased substantially from last time BUT I think the absolute increase from last time would not be as much as is shown by the voting percentage. This is because this time the EC has spent a lot of time' date=' money and effort into removing duplicate votes across India - earlier what used to happen was that suppose I shifted from city A to city B and registered as a voter in city B then in many, many cases my name would still be on the voter list in city A (same case could also happen if I shift from one area in my city to another area and my vote is there in both areas) thus creating a duplicate vote. [b']Over a period of 5 years between elections, this created millions of duplicate votes. This time a lot of these have been removed. Though I must say its still a pretty impressive increase in voting percentage over 2009.
That may be a small factor in urban areas, but is irrelevant in rural areas.

tremendous voting today! almost 13 % increase in turnout in delhi compared to 2009' date='65% in muzzafarnagar,75% in chandigarh,74% in kerela.[/quote']Turnout in Delhi is above 2009 Lok Sabha elections, but slightly below the 2013 Assembly elections. AAP fever wearing off ?

Heard an excellent message from Arvind Kejriwal on radio FM. Pretty impressive it was. He mentioned that Congress and BJP are running a massive media campaign to misguide people by saying Arvind Kejriwal ran away. He says, AAP with its meager resources can't fight a media campaign against enormous money power these parties have. His made clear that he resigned because BJP and Congress came together to stall Jan Lokpal Bill, which would have put corrupt BJP and Congress politicians behind bars and which he had promised to Delhi junta. There was no point when you can't fulfill most basic promise that you made to public. He also quoted example of Lal Bahadur Shastri. Good explanation. It's responsibility of Indian public that message of AAP is not lost in din created through money pumped by BJP and Congress.

Heard an excellent message from Arvind Kejriwal on radio FM. Pretty impressive it was. He mentioned that Congress and BJP are running a massive media campaign to misguide people by saying Arvind Kejriwal ran away. He says, AAP with its meager resources can't fight a media campaign against enormous money power these parties have. His made clear that he resigned because BJP and Congress came together to stall Jan Lokpal Bill, which would have put corrupt BJP and Congress politicians behind bars and which he had promised to Delhi junta. There was no point when you can't fulfill most basic promise that you made to public. He also quoted example of Lal Bahadur Shastri. Good explanation. It's responsibility of Indian public that message of AAP is not lost in din created through money pumped by BJP and Congress.
Question to Kejriwal - if he was so desperate to have the Jan Lokpal Bill passed then why did he step down as CM before at least trying all the options to pass the bill. I am not saying that there was any guarantee that if the Bill was sent to the Prez/Home Ministry then they would have cleared it without changes but Kejriwal didn't even try to see what they would do. He just quit. That is NOT the hallmark of someone who really wants to do something.

Right. Also, the BJP's game is to make people feel paranoid, insecure and victimized abt Muslims, China, Pakistan etc. AAP represents transparent and honest politics, Swaraj and reform in the true sense. Also, pro-poor and pro lower-middle class policies and takes on crony capitalism.

if Jan Lokpal was the 'most basic' thing Delhiites needed, then he doesn't have a clue about what they really need. If he had any commitment towards people, drive and balls, he'd have been ruling even now, implementing other vital requirements that Delhi people badly needed, while doing everything he can to bring consensus on Jan Lokpal. Yeah, keyword is consensus building. its a democracy where everybody has a voice. Kejri must understand its not utopia where his words are last and final. He wanted everyone to accept that Jan Lokpal bill was quick fix solution for everything humanity faced in Delhi, and everyone to accept his draft of proposal. Who is he to impose himself upon others by force? In short, he need to grow up and drop balls.

if Jan Lokpal was the 'most basic' thing Delhiites needed, then he doesn't have a clue about what they really need. If he had any commitment towards people, drive and balls, he'd have been ruling even now, implementing other vital requirements that Delhi people badly needed, while doing everything he can to bring consensus on Jan Lokpal. Yeah, keyword is consensus building. its a democracy where everybody has a voice. Kejri must understand its not utopia where his words are last and final. He wanted everyone to accept that Jan Lokpal bill was quick fix solution for everything humanity faced in Delhi, and everyone to accept his draft of proposal. Who is he to impose himself upon others by force? In short, he need to grow up and drop balls.
Take a break from ICF, develop some comprehension skills and then come back. Where did I say that "jan lokpal bill" was most basic thing Delhites needed ? I said it was the most basic thing in his promises.

Take a break from ICF' date=' develop some comprehension skills and then come back. Where did I say that "jan lokpal bill" was most basic thing Delhites needed ? I said it was the most basic thing in his promises.[/quote'] So then why ran away just because one basic thing not fullfilled?

Take a break from ICF' date=' develop some comprehension skills and then come back. Where did I say that "jan lokpal bill" was most basic thing Delhites needed ? I said it was the most basic thing in his promises.[/quote'] So why did he make it then the "most basic promise" to Delhiites? because the dice landed on that one?