Australian Open 2014 - Stan Wawrinka beats Rafa in the final

Cricketics

Nadal Modern Michael Chang. lol..:giggle: Another piece of wisdom- 1. Nadal doesn't have big forehand. I don't know where do you watch your tennis. Forehand is one of it's strength and is considered among the best for his time. Just because his forehand doesn't go as flat as other big hitters like Tsonga or DelPo doesn't mean his Forehand is not potent.
If you mean by consistency, yes, it is his strength. But his forehand is not the kind of forehand that works against the best fast court players because players like Djokovic, Federer, DelPo, Agassi, Sampras, Becker- these guys hit their forehand a lot flatter and hit lot more winners. On faster surfaces, you need to end the point quick. Or else you don't win. Muster had the same amazingly consistent with massive revs on the ball forehand, it just is not good enough to end points ASAP.
2. Nadal is very mediocre volleyer - Once again laughable comment. I seriously doubt if you watch Tennis or just post random things on forum hoping them to be true by chance. Nadal doesn't play volley much but when he plays it is almost perfect. It is one of the most underrated aspect of his game. He has extremely good control on his volley. I never see him bungling an easy volley point. Read this comment from McEnroe few years back. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.sport.tennis/MgT8cs77Xis I may agree with your comment on Serve thing.
Umm, there are no top 5 players who bungle volleys that are put-aways. From Nole to Safin, Kafelnikov, Agassi- these guys only ever came to the net to finish a point, intercepting a weak return for a put-away. Like Nadal, these guys hardly ever miss a put-away either. But that does not make one a good volleyer. Ever seen Nadal make 3 volleys in a row well ? It happens so very rarely and just like those guys i named, if Nadal is at the net and he doesnt put away the first volley, its usually point against him. True volleyers are those like Federer, Raonic, Sampras, Becker, Edberg etc- people who come to the net and can win consistently by constructing points AT the net- meaning they hit 2-3 volleys to win the point but always in control.

in between Nadal somehow managing to stay in the game. Won 2 tight tie-breakers. He had won two tie breakers against Nishikori as well in last match. So now 4 consecutive tie-breakers he has won. But when he needs all these tie-breaker against Dimitrovs and Nishikori's, I don't know how he'll compete with Federer and Murray. Though on other hand Nishikori, Dimitrov along with Raonic are kind of leaders of next generation in men's tennis, so no wonder they are challenging incumbents.

@Raghav_12 avoid that guy. You have to be really stupid to even compare a fluke one time GS winner like Chang with an all time great with who has won 13 titles at 27. He has no logic pure rhetoric. get this Rafa doesn't have a FH, his BH is weak, his return of serve is poor, his service is poor and yet leads 22-10 against Federer and beat him at his home at Wimbledon and twice in Australian open, not to talk about French open. I am sorry but that's just moronic.

Zep1706, You are one of the very reasons why people hate Nadal, his silly fans who think they know more than other tennis fans and think they are right all the time. I remember a stat in the US Open that showed the average speed of the forehand shots and of the top players, Nadal's was the slowest only marginally though. It was something like Delpo at 75mph, Djokovic and Murray at 73mph, Fed slightly behind and Nadal around 72mph. They then showed the average speed of the FH winners and again Murray was down on his main rivals. There were others like Wawrinka and Berdych who hit harder but I'll focus on the top players. So then they asked the presenters, Rusedski, Becker etc why is it that Nadal's FH seems to be more powerful and more desctructive than the others except for Del Po because obviously his is by far and away the hardest hit. They had a simple response, it's because he is left handed. No matter how much you practise, when 90% of the tour is right handed you adjust for that and because Nadal is the only top player who's a lefty everything feels and looks slightly different in this case his FH looks to be more powerful and quicker. Is Nadal an all time great? Yes, I hate the guy and his nobhead fan base, but he is a great and it's because of his slam count and his positive H2H against his colleagues. I hate Nadal for the same reason most Nadal fans support Nadal, I got fed up of him winning almost everything so when the other guys Djokovic and Del Potro (2009) dismantled him I was always going to root for them. I'm not a Fed fan, but admire what he's done, but for the sake of tennis, for the complete and beautiful game of tennis I really hope Nadal doesn't match Fed's slam count. It would be a travesty if a gifted shotmaker who is almost a complete player would be dethroned by someone who is involved in so many long passive baseline rallies waiting for errors or for a clear opening.

@ bones I don't give a **** about haters. In fact I enjoy the pain they suffer whenever a player they hate wins, I am a little bit sadistic that way. Personally I don't hate any player and can actually enjoy everyone's wins. I have been hearing excuses all along. First Nadal won't last after 2 years, then he won't win outside French, he won't win Wimbledon, then he won't win on hard, then he won't win US open, he won't last after 26. Every time he has been pawning his haters. Now after he proved everyone wrong it's about class, elegance and beauty. Not to mention every court becomes slower after Nadal wins on it. LMAO. I am more than happy with that. Del Po and you can enjoy his forehand and the second round loss, we have a semifinal to play. :haha: :hysterical: