Martin Crowe- One of the most underrated batsmen ever?

Martin Crowe was a very good batsman. One way of gauzing his "greatness" is when Somerset fired Viv Richards(alongside Joel Garner and Botham) they replaced the King by Crowe. The latter did come under attack at the time by press/fans etc but it was hardly his fault of course. As a batsman I suppose I would pick Martin Crowe in my all-time XI or atleast in my all-time second XI when it comes to LOI. He was one of those good middle order batsman of late 80s and early 90s who were very adept in both Test and LOI, men like Miandad and Alan Lamb. However Crowe was perhaps the best of them all(in LOI) I thought. Specially on dangerous wicket as Inzzy pointed out. If I am not mistaken Wasim Akram once rated Martin Crowe as the toughest batsman he bowled to. And that itself is a high praise indeed.

Martin Crowe was a batting wizard in New Zealand. Like Tendulkar I think he made his first class appearance when he was 15. When he was about 12 he was already marked for great honors. One of the rare batsman I've seen face up to the likes of Wasim, Yunus, Walsh and the likes but still look under control. He's the player I've seen best play the reverse swing. Unfortunate his career had to come to a premature exit due to injuries. If he wasn't dogged by injuries he would have ended up with a lot of runs.