Gautam Gambhir , the jury is still out...

Ram

Whats your take on this man ? Has been by far the lynch pin of our 20/20 batting in the last few matches. Notice how Gambhir , in the after-match presentation , replied to a totally unrelated Ramiz Raja's question with a " Yes , I am in good form , hope to convert this in the 50 overs too" . Undoubtedly this guy is sending a very clear message to all and sundry- " I want that openers slot in the 50 over game" . Cant fault with him , really. Go Gambhir ! :two_thumbs_up:

51 vs NZ, 58 vs ENG, 75 vs PAK in the T20 final, and now this 63 vs AUS. He also had a decent tour of England - scoring two fifties even while playing out of position. He can score against the best at this level, but he has never gotten an extended run in the ODI side. Even after he scored that stunning hundred vs SL @ Ahmedabad, he only played one more match before being dropped for the last match of the series. If you treat a batsman like this, he will never find form. I do feel sorry for him, but he is up against some stiff competition. Tendulkar and Ganguly are scoring in every series and until one of them fails, his name won't even be considered. Hell, even if one of them DOES fail, i don't think the selectors would have the balls to drop either one of them. It's a sad situation.