How is it fair?...

Re: How is it fair?... there should be a * suffixing afeem ( asif) name... he is sure to get a lot of hootings in india and england..or even in australia... i don't know whats happening in SA.... some indians there should shout "charsee" from the stands..or make playcards displaying afeem with charas..ganja...and drugs... if ever he comes to delhi ..he is gonna have a torrid time here in delhi... at least i will make sure that i do my best to bring such stuffs on the ground..

Re: How is it fair?...

...That a known recent user of a banned substance is playing Test cricket as if nothing happened. Ok, so it doesn't seem to matter because the opposition are on top, but after taking all of their 4 wickets to fall, he is clearly making a difference. Shane Warne got a huge ban for a lesser offence... :shrug:
It shows that the ICC's drug testing/enforcement is a farce.
Guest dada_rocks

Re: How is it fair?... Farce is ON, BTW what is the response of commentators.. Rameez raza was kind of gloating their farcical board for a change took right decision banend these charsis.. I wonder he is saying anything on this issue or convenient silence is the order of the day.. Mind you these thugs are complaining about umpires giving wrong decisions kind of like murderers complaining against pick-pockets

Re: How is it fair?... Amazing how you folks use Warne's example yet forget about the 1993/94 match fixining incident where both him and Waugh were let of after both ADMITTED of the crime. In this case both Shoaib and Asif just like 20 other athletes tested positive for the same drug have been able to prove their innocence in front of an independent tribunal so now you lot can be either bitter and rave about it for ever or learn to give the guy some credit for such a marvelous spell of fast bowling.

Re: How is it fair?... I was talking to my English friend just now, while the English are huge rivals of ours in cricket, they are also the people who know as much as we do about Pakistan's cheating history. Ask any Englishman who the most underhanded nation has been in Test cricket, and it will always be answered 'Pakistan'. (They've suffered from most of the cheating). Anyway, I was laughing at him about the Aussies whupping the poms in that ODI, but he was more keen on discussing how credible Asif's 5-fer will be to non-Pakistanis... This Asif is a disgrace. Shoaib, Imran & co at least established themselves in Test cricket before they began cheating, this guy's started his career as a cheat...

I was talking to my English friend just now, while the English are huge rivals of ours in cricket, they are also the people who know as much as we do about Pakistan's cheating history. Ask any Englishman who the most underhanded nation has been in Test cricket, and it will always be answered 'Pakistan'. (They've suffered from most of the cheating). Anyway, I was laughing at him about the Aussies whupping the poms in that ODI, but he was more keen on discussing how credible Asif's 5-fer will be to non-Pakistanis... This Asif is a disgrace. Shoaib, Imran & co at least established themselves in Test cricket before they began cheating, this guy's started his career as a cheat...
I hear the same old drivel every time an Asif or Shoaib thread is opened. Yes we have had controversial moments in the past but so too has India, England, Australia and every other nation who started playing Test Cricket a long time ago. I'm sure if we made a list of controversies for both our teams, it would be very similar in terms of size and issues involved.

Re: How is it fair?... If an Indian gets caught doing the same, even if it's Sachin or Rahul, I'll want them banned. A lot of people go on about Shane Warne here too, just like I am about Asif, but I don't take that one as seriously, as he served his punishment and missed out on another World Cup final win. If he had escaped a ban, I'd be saying the same about him too...

I was talking to my English friend just now, while the English are huge rivals of ours in cricket, they are also the people who know as much as we do about Pakistan's cheating history. Ask any Englishman who the most underhanded nation has been in Test cricket, and it will always be answered 'Pakistan'. (They've suffered from most of the cheating). Anyway, I was laughing at him about the Aussies whupping the poms in that ODI, but he was more keen on discussing how credible Asif's 5-fer will be to non-Pakistanis... This Asif is a disgrace. Shoaib, Imran & co at least established themselves in Test cricket before they began cheating, this guy's started his career as a cheat...
oh please..is it the same ENG who used to say that reverse swing is impossible.Among them all only Geoff Boycott was honest enough to admit that his team was simply not good enough is still remember that quote of his' Waqar and Wasim are so good that they can bowl ENG out with oranges'. The ironic thing is that ENG's most historic win in the last 15 years(Ashes 2005) was coined by the same old reverse swing that was suppose to 'impossible'. Oh and people like your friend should also be told about the match fixing history which i am not even going to get in to.

MP...you know....we know ...everyone with half a brain knows that the two are druggies... They took the drugs to gain an unfair advantage over the others and then the shameless board let them go scot free.... shameful situation....!
On numerous occasions i have shown my remorse about the decisions. It's very hardly to believe that Shoaib in particular was innocent (in Asif's case there is some innocence) how ever what i find almost amusing is when people using Shane Warne's example to prove their point...sure CA punished him for the drug use but how can we all totally forget the 93/94 match fixing saga where they forgave both their stars even after they had ADMITTED of match fixing. In this case at least there is some medical evidence and technicality that was used to prove Shoaib+Asif's innocence(20 other athletes were acquitted after being tested positive for the same drug) while in Warne's case it was 110% proven that he was guilty. Another thing which is sad is that we all accept and admire Warne and Waugh for their accomplishment yet why is it so hard to give props to M Asif who producing the most beautiful spell of seam bowling a man would ever wish to see.
Guest dada_rocks

Amazing how you folks use Warne's example yet forget about the 1993/94 match fixining incident where both him and Waugh were let of after both ADMITTED of the crime. In this case both Shoaib and Asif just like 20 other athletes tested positive for the same drug have been able to prove their innocence in front of an independent tribunal so now you lot can be either bitter and rave about it for ever or learn to give the guy some credit for such a marvelous spell of fast bowling.
comparing apple and oranges seems to be speciality of u folks.. for the zillionth time in match fixing saga only those got puncihed who were found red-handed from every country lesser criminals went unscathed be it waseem akram or mark waygh or nayam mongia.. when we are discussing doping precedence have been set in cricketr franternity by dope case where warne was banend for just supposed use of drug and here we have bonafided dopers playing like nothing happened.. for a change drop that pakstani chashma u will see the light
Guest dada_rocks

oh please..is it the same ENG who used to say that reverse swing is impossible.Among them all only Geoff Boycott was honest enough to admit that his team was simply not good enough is still remember that quote of his' Waqar and Wasim are so good that they can bowl ENG out with oranges'. The ironic thing is that ENG's most historic win in the last 15 years(Ashes 2005) was coined by the same old reverse swing that was suppose to 'impossible'. Oh and people like your friend should also be told about the match fixing history which i am not even going to get in to.
reverese swing is no excuse for ball tampering incidentally one of the pioneer reverse swinger waqar has been punsihed by icc for ball tampering, I guess his reverse swing alibi didn;t hold water as it shoudl be in the hearing :wtg:
Guest dada_rocks

MP...you know....we know ...everyone with half a brain knows that the two are druggies... They took the drugs to gain an unfair advantage over the others and then the shameless board let them go scot free.... shameful situation....!
On numerous occasions i have shown my remorse about the decisions. It's very hardly to believe that Shoaib in particular was innocent (in Asif's case there is some innocence) how ever what i find almost amusing is when people using Shane Warne's example to prove their point...sure CA punished him for the drug use but how can we all totally forget the 93/94 match fixing saga where they forgave both their stars even after they had ADMITTED of match fixing. In this case at least there is some medical evidence and technicality that was used to prove Shoaib+Asif's innocence(20 other athletes were acquitted after being tested positive for the same drug) while in Warne's case it was 110% proven that he was guilty. Another thing which is sad is that we all accept and admire Warne and Waugh for their accomplishment yet why is it so hard to give props to M Asif who producing the most beautiful spell of seam bowling a man would ever wish to see.
None of them are innocent ignorance can't be passed of as innocence in any court of law unless it's housed in pakistan.. again for the zillionth time do u see people talking about waseem's match fixing crime , same goes for warne.. these two folks were in same category..