Aussie f/c form watch

Mr. Wicket

Western Aus. batting first against the Dicks. Hussey LBW first over opening the batting, but the stuff of interest is in Sydney. Queensland batting against NSW, and Hayden's still in the midst of the runs - now on 78 not out off 124 balls, with QLD 144/2. Bowling figures are interesting - MacGill and Bracken have taken one each of the two wickets, MacGill has 1/22 in 7 while Bracken has 1/21 in his 11th over - the most economical by far. Stuart Clark has 0/36 from 11, but Bung's providing the fun (and runs) - 0/42 in 13 overs, with a wide and five noballs. I see he's switching back into test form. ----- Hayden now 103 not out, NSW's bowlers toiling. Lee's going at well over 3 an over, Clark's not far behind - only Bracken's been really economical.

Well, there've been a few here who asked how Hayden would fare against bowlers like his own country produced. This attack - Clark, Lee, Bracken, MacGill - is very likely one change, at most 2, from the one that will be taking the field at the Gabba and then for a good part of the coming season. And he slaughtered them.

Johnson's 0/70 from 15 overs yesterday was no surprise to me. I'm quite amazed he's being talked about as almost a definite to partner Clark & Lee for the 1st. Test against Sri Lanka. His 6 overs for 0/16 this morning was a bit better but NSW is fighting to draw the match so doesn't mean a lot. Simon Katich has moved to 100 n.o. and Mike Hussey was just dismissed in Melbourne for 59.

Strange request' date=' mm ?? A draw still feels like a win against Australia, does it ?[/quote'] Not exactly Donny. Batting is our strength. It was our outstanding batting that ran the Aussies ragged and spoilt Steve Waugh's farewell party last time. I wouldnt exactly be asking for zippy pitches with pace and bounce , knowing that it would impact our strength, would i ?