My next Big 3.

gator

The big 3 in my opinion is actually made of big 2(Sachin & Dravid) and 2 halves - lax and Ganguly.... Judging by the various opportunities i have gotten to observe our youngsters, my next big 2 would be Manoj Tiwary and Rohit Sharma... The 2 halves could be any of Badrinath, Yuvi, and Raina. Of em all, Tiwary excites me the most... I have seen some rather dumb criticisms of his inability to handle short ball and stuff... i watched the entire ranji finals where a real miffed Aggy and Zak were clocking 140+ and aiming short balls at him, added to which whas as the pressure under which he was batting..... he has terrific talent and best of all, he plays effortlessly.... Badrinath will end his career as a decent bat, with around 4500 runs at 45 average.... Yuvi too, around 4000 odd runs at 40 averge.... One thing is for certain, none of em are ready for test cricket yet... if anything, Badri and Yuvi can be fast-tracked mainly because they are more experienced and time is running out for them fast... a judgement needs to be made on them real quick... i would phase out Lax out of the side first and experiment with these 2.... Lax has been providing 40s and 50s for too long and it aint gonna cut it anymore.... Ganguly is in good form now, though without any big scores yet... it might jus be between him and lax... as for odis, nothing is stopping Uthappa is the top runner among the youngsters... he is a certainty for now... Tiwary and Rohit will have to man the 3 and 5 slots....

Gato.... I agree on those 2. I haven;t seen MT playing but RS.... is a definite in next 2-3 years.. earlier they realize this quicker they will mature in the international arena. As with Yuv and Bradi, we are expecting way too much from them. IMO, they will achieve 35+ at the most. I am talking of Test here...

To be honest.. i don't want big 2 or big 3 or big 4.. i want a consistent team with even decent performers who can win matches consistently. too much to ask but...(fill in the blanks)
never in history has there been a consistent world beating side with just consistent decent performers... to win test matches all over the world, u need to have atleast 3 top class batters unless u have a bowling attack of akram, waqar and saqlain at their prime...