Malaysian airlines mystery

Number

How can a phone ring if its not on?
if I shut my phone while on abroad travel and somebody calls me, the caller hears 3 or 4 rings before it goes to voicemail. on my side the phone is off. think it depends on you service provider...not sure though i sincerely pray it is a hijack...much better than a crash...but latter seems more probable...hijackers would have contacted by now

if I shut my phone while on abroad travel and somebody calls me, the caller hears 3 or 4 rings before it goes to voicemail. on my side the phone is off. think it depends on you service provider...not sure though i sincerely pray it is a hijack...much better than a crash...but latter seems more probable...hijackers would have contacted by now
Maybe... Doesnt look like a hijack - its been way too long without contact. Sadly the highest probability is of a crash.

A bomb would have been better news than a mechanical issue. A mechanical issue would mean the fault was missed during the checkup/service which was supposed to have taken place 10 or so days ago. This would mean certain tests and procedures need to be updated and there are other planes similar to mh370 that are still flying?:nervous:
Exactly my thoughts. Irony is at this moment a bomb blast would be a welcome news. Mechanical failure in Boeing 777 which is considered safest craft of industry would put in doubt whole aviation industry. Not saying that bomb blast would not be worrisome, but yet it just puts only security processes in doubt and secondly a bomb blast is bomb blast and would have got almost similar results in other scenarios.

one more oil spill..that seals it for me..oil spills are not common in an ocean
No. Oil spills are rather common in that area because of exploration and other shipping activities. There were few false alarms with respect to oil spills in case of Air France as well.

16 kms long? i doubt...hope you are right
yes. It has been confirmed that oil was not from that craft. This is getting really mysterious. three full days and not even a single clue on whereabouts of the plane. Air France had fallen in the middle of Atlantic where ships had taken 2 days to reach still there was confirmation at the end of 2nd day IIRC. Here area is not really as big, as deep and as isolated and yet absolutely no clue.

yes. It has been confirmed that oil was not from that craft. This is getting really mysterious. three full days and not even a single clue on whereabouts of the plane. Air France had fallen in the middle of Atlantic where ships had taken 2 days to reach still there was confirmation at the end of 2nd day IIRC. Here area is not really as big, as deep and as isolated and yet absolutely no clue.
Air France flight settled down 3900 m below sea..here the sea is only 80 m deep. nevertheless I am sure it is not an easy search. my hopes of any good news have faded. the plane is in the ocean bed below....tech fault or terrorist attack ( one group claimed responsibility)