Nanda's Great IPL Auction 2014 (Game Thread)

gaurav92

Nanda's Great IPL Auction 2014 (Game Thread)  

1. 1.

I hope all of you are ready for the auctions. I am yet to receive a list of rejected players from TMK, but anyway that would be of no use, because THERE IS NO SINGLE PLAYER COMMON in the four lists I have got from you. :wall: :wall: We have 58 players in the auction lists today and that would take time. Let me know if all of you are up for it at 3. We will plan accordingly.
If you can try and keep a check on random chatting in the hood during auctions then 58 players can easily be auctioned in 2 hours because we have had practice of auctions yesterday.

If you can try and keep a check on random chatting in the hood during auctions then 58 players can easily be auctioned in 2 hours because we have had practice of auctions yesterday.
Do appoint a bunch of bouncers in the chat room for the same. The auctioneer cannot be the bouncer because mere verbal requests/dhamkis fall on deaf ears. I went through yesterday's auction logs carefully, and I have realised that going from Player 1 to Player 2 takes at least 3-4 minutes. It's not as easy (timewise) as some of you are suggesting. If you want the process to be smooth - that is introducing the player in a certain manner (thereby giving people time to think and jump the gun), making notes of bids and counter-bids, making notes of last-minute interjections, issuing the final warning and finally selling out the player takes a certain amount of time; after that one has to note down team names and amounts quoted and then get back to the game. All this, with dubious internet speeds where the chat box freezes at times (and at time, ICF can also be down - like it was down for a couple of times yesterday). I can safely assume that auctioning 60 players will take a minimum of 4 hours.

Do appoint a bunch of bouncers in the chat room for the same. The auctioneer cannot be the bouncer because mere verbal requests/dhamkis fall on deaf ears. I went through yesterday's auction logs carefully, and I have realised that going from Player 1 to Player 2 takes at least 3-4 minutes. It's not as easy (timewise) as some of you are suggesting. If you want the process to be smooth - that is introducing the player in a certain manner (thereby giving people time to think and jump the gun), making notes of bids and counter-bids, making notes of last-minute interjections, issuing the final warning and finally selling out the player takes a certain amount of time; after that one has to note down team names and amounts quoted and then get back to the game. All this, with dubious internet speeds where the chat box freezes at times (and at time, ICF can also be down - like it was down for a couple of times yesterday). I can safely assume that auctioning 60 players will take a minimum of 4 hours.
But it will still take less time than yesterday bcoz all teams have limited purse so they won't be going for many players and we already know the auction procedure so that will speed it up a little bit. how about having the auctions on google chat - invite ONLY the owners so less distraction. Google chat won't go down as well.

Atleast not as bad as the Ambani team who bought similar players (Yusuf/Uthappa' date='Neesham/Corey) :hysterical: Warner/KP are great buys from your side :nice:[/quote'] yep but not outstanding buy like Gayle,Watson,AB.Needed one of those:((

Atleast not as bad as the Ambani team who bought similar players (Yusuf/Uthappa' date='Neesham/Corey) :hysterical: Warner/KP are great buys from your side :nice:[/quote'] you two were brilliant yesterday Saurav had ensured a watchful start n Scarface fired it up at the end great work:two_thumbs_up:

Saurav I want all players today as well plz :pray: since I need to buy 7 of these maybe will use a card later to swap one of these agst someone in overseas magic category!!!
huh you cant swap home player with overseas one.its gotta be from same category

But it will still take less time than yesterday bcoz all teams have limited purse so they won't be going for many players and we already know the auction procedure so that will speed it up a little bit. how about having the auctions on google chat - invite ONLY the owners so less distraction. Google chat won't go down as well.
or fb