Throwing or Bowling

DesiChap

Okay' date=' But in his latest avtaar, Shoaib is not bowling slingshot. Thompson and Malinga before they release the ball, do a reverse bowling action when the arm swivels back and goes straight forward without any bending and straightening. Shoaib just lifts his shoulder, extends this arm back and goes forward while bending and straightening. Bending is not the real issue here. But straightening after bending gives a clear action of a chuck.[/quote'] Coffee, check my first post. I was only disputing to your claim that sling and javelin are different

^ This is by far the best video about Akhtar and his action. Akhtar says his arm hyper-extends and hence it looks as though he is chucking , but this video clearly shows that there are other fundamental flaws with his action, vis-a-vis , the shoulder, elbow and hand not being straight at the point delivery. No physical deformity can explain that. It is obvious that, it is that kink in his bowling arm that enables to bowl at that speeds, not the hyper-extension.

At this point , i would like to remind the posters of the one genuine quick bowler who generated as much pace as any other bowler , without any controversies about his action - Shane Bond. For that pure reason, Bond is by far , my favorite pacer. buqjyjQfuCc

Thanks for that video MP. Yes , Waqar was awesome too. I have seen some good yorkers in my times , but the second one was just unplayable. For those interested in actions and legality , i request you to see Bhajji's ball in the bowl out. The arm seems pretty straight , but something about that delivery makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. kBldn8jpJwg

Sriram - find some of Bhajji's bowling in the WC 07 against Bangladesh, where his action really looked filthy. And for that matter, the Bangla SLA Abdur Razzak. Another huge chucker.
I am surprised how the actions of players deteriorates sometimes. Here's another brazen chucker - Ruchira Perera, wU_IkyBz-KA James Kirtley maybe remembered for this superb catch , but his tainted action will forever haunt him GRyOPCbG1nA