ICF Chess Grand Prix Season 1: Road to Glory

FischerTal

ICF Chess Grand Prix Season 1: Road to Glory  

1. 1.

• All classical
    • Follow the same pattern that's been going on so far

I joined.will ask for tips after I lose:--D
gg.. Ok the positives first. The ideas behind your opening moves are good. You get your pawns to the center, look to get your pieces out and castle. That'll already get you out of the beginner stage. What you need to do is build an awareness of which of the opponents piece is controlling which squares and how many times. Basically you need to ask this question every move: Is my piece in the line of fire from one of his pieces? What'll happen if he captures that piece? Have I defended it enough times? After a bit of practice it comes very naturally and it becomes second nature but you need to slow it down and ask those questions for now. Keep at it and it shouldn't take very long for you to get good.

gg.. Ok the positives first. The ideas behind your opening moves are good. You get your pawns to the center, look to get your pieces out and castle. That'll already get you out of the beginner stage. What you need to do is build an awareness of which of the opponents piece is controlling which squares and how many times. Basically you need to ask this question every move: Is my piece in the line of fire from one of his pieces? What'll happen if he captures that piece? Have I defended it enough times? After a bit of practice it comes very naturally and it becomes second nature but you need to slow it down and ask those questions for now. Keep at it and it shouldn't take very long for you to get good.
Thanks. I do try to think in classical games about opponent's moves and see the whole board but in blitz its a problem as time is always in mind.I guess I should forget about time for now.