Ranji Trophy, Super league, 2007-08 [Ranji SS available]

Chandan

By domestic cricketer' date=' I mean outside the current Indian setup. I assume the answer is yes:dance:.[/quote'] No.
Notice, also how Sreesanth rarely touches 140kph in Tests and so does RP Singh. Bowling fast in unlimited overs cricket requires stamina.
Guess you didn't see Sree bowling in tests in SA and RPS bowling in tests in England and before that Bangladesh.
Natural pace draws attention to me because it tells of an action which wastes little energy in going straight toward the batsman.
And how do you know if some is natural pace?
This provides potential of good accuracy and good vertical bounce. It goes without saying that a fast bowler with good accuracy is the most dangerous weapon a side can have, just look at Dale Steyn.
None of the Indian pace bowlers are accurate. Zaheer has started getting accuracy now but he has lost the pace he could generate once.
You cannot ignore the effect of VRV Singh's bowling either, he has a brilliant FC strike rate, the economy is an issue and I feel it will take merely the slightest tweaking to the action and good training drills to sort that.
He is the worst bowler to have represented India and was duly spanked at the international field. In India every player has to look after himself. If he has to improve, he'll have to do all on his own. He won't be getting support from anyone in the set up which is called BCCI.
Guess you didn't see Sree bowling in tests in SA and RPS bowling in tests in England and before that Bangladesh.
I did not see them clock over 140kph often. If you can find footage of a spell in which either does, show me it please.
And how do you know if some is natural pace?
I can infer that it is considering he has always been hyped for his pace and his pace has not changed throughout his career much.
None of the Indian pace bowlers are accurate. Zaheer has started getting accuracy now but he has lost the pace he could generate once.
They are very accurate, you are just a bit fooled by the high level of Test cricket.
He is the worst bowler to have represented India and was duly spanked at the international field. In India every player has to look after himself. If he has to improve' date=' he'll have to do all on his own. He won't be getting support from anyone in the set up which is called BCCI.[/quote'] Yes. I know what you mean, the BCCI coaching system is a bit of a joke, it is a shame because he is just one of many talented bowlers who will never get the coaching to up their game to international level. However, I think that the BCCI have made a good step in holding a bit more focus in the NCA, I think maybe they could make the MRF Pace Foundation full time too.
I did not see them clock over 140kph often. If you can find footage of a spell in which either does' date=' show me it please.[/quote'] Not a viseo person, I am. I watch the matches and remember things. If you don't remember them clocking above 140 often, you need to go back to the recording of those matches. You'll find the highlights on our video section.
I can infer that it is considering he has always been hyped for his pace and his pace has not changed throughout his career much.
India media is a joke and you must know that hype by them is only just that...hype! There is hardly any substance in these hypes. VRV bowls in 130s with occasional deliveries being bowled above 140. There are many bowlers in India who do that--even the much maligned, unfit and castigated Munaf.
They are very accurate, you are just a bit fooled by the high level of Test cricket.
No I'm not. It the high level of test cricket where they have to deliver. If they can't deliver there, it doesn't matter to me what they are anywhere else.
Yes. I know what you mean, the BCCI coaching system is a bit of a joke, it is a shame because he is just one of many talented bowlers who will never get the coaching to up their game to international level. However, I think that the BCCI have made a good step in holding a bit more focus in the NCA, I think maybe they could make the MRF Pace Foundation full time too.
Wishful thinking. BCCI will NEVER think about cricket to even give its attention to that direction.
Not a viseo person' date=' I am. I watch the matches and remember things. If you don't remember them clocking above 140 often, you need to go back to the recording of those matches. You'll find the highlights on our video section.[/quote'] I have a VHS of the England series highlights and have seen that RP Singh touched 140kph, but very rarely as I skip through the footage.
No I'm not. It the high level of test cricket where they have to deliver. If they can't deliver there, it doesn't matter to me what they are anywhere else.
I cannot explain this fully, but they are not inaccurate, but watching Pollocks, Mcgraths and Vaases can give the impression that they are comparitively inaccurate.

Mumbai v Saurashtra, Ranji Trophy Super League, Mumbai Mumbai face must-win encounter Sriram Veera at the Wankhede Stadium December 24, 2007 spacer.gif320698.jpgMumbai need to overcome Saurashtra to progress to the semi-finals © Getty Images The already claustrophobic space at the top of Group A of the Ranji Trophy Super league is set to get even tighter when Mumbai face Saurashtra at the Wankhede Stadium in their last league match. While it's almost a quarter-final for Mumbai, Saurashtra can afford a draw to enter the semi-finals. Saurashtra are leading the table with 20 points while Mumbai are tied in the second place with Delhi at 18 points. The rules are simple. If there is a three-way tie between the teams - that can happen if Mumbai and Delhi get the first-innings lead - it will come down to the most number of wins. Saurashtra have three while its rivals have two each. Between Mumbai and Delhi, the team with the better run quotient will go forward and Delhi leads the equation with 1.479 compared to Mumbai's 1.145. However, if Saurashtra lose and Delhi get at least three points for gaining the first-innings lead against Tamil Nadu, both Delhi and Mumbai will go through to the next stage. Amol Muzumdar, Mumbai's captain, doesn't want to get into number crunching. "We want to win here and enter the semi-finals." He has an additional reason to do well. Tomorrow will be Muzumdar's 100th Ranji Trophy match and he is only the twelfth player to reach the milestone. While Mumbai have a great track record of getting out of jail, they have been handicapped here with injuries to bowlers. The seam attack is led by inexperienced Murtuza Hussain and they will look up to their spin duo of Ramesh Powar and Nilesh Kulkarni - drafted into this side for this match - to do the job. The nature of the track has thrown up the regular cliché that it's a sporting track and will help both batsmen and bowlers. Pravin Amre, Mumbai's coach, reckons it will take spin later. "It looks a true Wankhede wicket. We have not interfered in its preparation and are just looking to get on with the game. The batsman are coming into form, Nilesh is back, Murtuza is bowling well and I am confident that we can do it." Both Amre and Muzumdar have said the pressure is on the inexperienced Saurashtra team to continue with their dream run. "What pressure? I have told the boys to just go and enjoy out there," Debhu Mitra, the coach, said. "Not many expected us to reach here and I just want the boys to continue with the basics." Pressure will be the critical factor during the match as some teams choke at the sight of the victory. Can Saurashtra keep their nerve in this last lap? ------------------------------------------------ This will a crucial tie. I want Mumbai and Delhi to qualify for semis from this group. Both the teams have to earn outright wins which will be a bit difficult. As for the preview, I think Salil's is more accurate and insightful.

Mostly in the mid/high 120s (125-129 general pace range), but the ball that got the wicket clocked 135.1 kmh. Fairly straight, not moving the ball all that much. A little bit of movement, but not extravagant. Looks like he has some potential. Liked the way he mixed things up - attacked the stumps, kept looking for wickets. Hope he gets some, because we need em. Mungela at the other end actually got a lot of movement early. Huge, dipping swing - but he was mostly in the mid 120s (123-125). Promising as well, but let us see how he goes when the ball's older.

Delhi having the best runrate and on 2nd the the points table with mumbai not far from delhi in runrate.. a big defeat here would bring saurashtra on no. 3 from no. 1 which can make sure Delhi and Mumbai qualifying.. Delhi perhapz just need a lead and with it 2 good points.. sucks that the last game was washed out.. and hence Delhi coudn't get enough points to take lead..

Why on earth did Raina bat at #3? He was doing fine at #4/5!! :angry_smile: While both Bose and Paul have taken a wicket each vs Andhra and are bowling economically. What does Bengal need to do to avoid relegation? Which teams have the danger to be relegated to the plate group? This is about Bengal: Bengal eye fresh start in battle for survival 25Bengal2.jpg

Calcutta: Bengal have pushed themselves to the wall. The only escape route is an outright win in their last Super League game, against Andhra Pradesh. Anything less than that will relegate them to the Plate Division of the Ranji Trophy. The need of the hour is to stay focused and relaxed. Coach Bharat Arun and skipper Laxmi Ratan Shukla know that. “It’s obviously a very important match for us. But I am enjoying the pressure. The basic idea is to stay relaxed and focused,” said Arun on Monday, the eve of the four-day match at the Eden. “It will be a tough game… We have to stay calm and concentrate. We must start afresh,” was what Shukla had to say. Having lost three of their five matches Bengal will indeed need a fresh start. The hosts will go into the match with three quicks — Ranadeb Bose, Shib Shankar Paul and Ashok Dinda. The spin department will be taken care of by debutant Priyankar Mukherjee, with Manoj Tiwary and Kamal Hasan Mondal providing the back-up. Dinda is in the XI at Sourav Sarkar’s expense, while Priyankar takes the berth vacated by Sourashish Lahiri. The third change from the line-up that crashed to an innings defeat to Uttar Pradesh is Rana Chowdhury for Soham Ghosh. “We have decided to give Mondal another chance. In the last match he got two rough decisions… But he handled pressure situations well which is important,” Arun said. The Eden wicket pleased the Bengal coach. “It is definitely a result-oriented track. I feel a score of 250 to 300 will be competitive,” said Arun. Shukla was not so sure. “We have not played a single match on this particular wicket... I hope it will be a good one,” said the captain. Andhra are as keen as Bengal to notch up an outright win. “It’s a crucial match for both teams and that should make for a good contest,” Andhra coach Syed Abid Ali said after a strenuous three-hour session. Baroda are atop group B with 18 points, followed by UP (14), Punjab (13) and Andhra (12). Punjab are through with their matches, while UP take on Hyderabad in another last round tie. Captain and wicketkeeper M.S.K. Prasad said Andhra are banking on their batsmen. TEAMS Bengal: Arindam Das, Anustup Majumdar, Wriddhiman Saha, Manoj Tiwary, Rana Chowdhury, Kamal Hasan Mondal, Laxmi Ratan Shukla, Priyankar Mukherjee, Ashok Dinda, Ranadeb Bose, Shib Shankar Paul Andhra (from): M.S.K. Prasad, Gnaneswara Rao, A.G. Pradeep, Israel Raju, Doddapaneni Kalyankrishna, Prasad Reddy, V.V.B. Reddy, V. Sandeep, Shankara Rao, Bodapati Sumanth, Marripuri Suresh, Satya Kumar Varma, Hemal Watekar, P. Vijay Kumar Umpires: Suresh Shastri, M.S. Pathak Match Referee: B. Raghunath Match starts: 9am.