For Indian Cricket to improve learn from US Baseball

Midfielder

Really!?!? Assuming that you are suggesting that Pagan's jump was 6 ft, as compared to Jadeja's 2 ft. If yes, then you are definitely either totally blind or completely dumb. If not, my bad, may be you can clarify the specific element of that jump - which we are failing to notice. The boundary wall that Pagan jumped besides, does not look higher than 10ft. That guy looks like about 6`- 6`4". and looks to have caught the ball about 1 ft above the wall. His arms would be about 3' and the glove gives about another 6" of reach. Do simple math, and you can see he jumped about 2'-3` off the ground, at best. Go to any school playground, every other kid is doing that at the age of 8-10.
I dont know how your cognitive skills are look at his height, and you can see how much he has cleared from ground.

Midfielder, Vertical leap World Record A Frenchman from Algeria named Kadour Ziani has leapt 60" to 61". (see related link on NBA Basketball)/
That is 5 ft. So i am not sure where you got the number 6 ft.
I was rounding off based on his height and his distance from ground. It still is whole lot more than 2 ft ajmal jump.

Really!?!? Assuming that you are suggesting that Pagan's jump was 6 ft, as compared to Jadeja's 2 ft. If yes, then you are definitely either totally blind or completely dumb. If not, my bad, may be you can clarify the specific element of that jump - which we are failing to notice. The boundary wall that Pagan jumped besides, does not look higher than 10ft. That guy looks like about 6`- 6`4". and looks to have caught the ball about 1 ft above the wall. His arms would be about 3' and the glove gives about another 6" of reach. Do simple math, and you can see he jumped about 2'-3` off the ground, at best. Go to any school playground, every other kid is doing that at the age of 8-10.
It was not Jadeja it was ajmal he showed me. Show me a Jadeja leap I would like to see it.

Agreed. But athletes will do better though.
I know Inzamam came lean and mean for 2003 world cup and made a grand total of 19 runs :cantstop:. So did Yuvraj, Zak. They came back lean. Okay i get it. Weight loss does not mean athleticism. But you would have done lot of work out to get there. So you would be more athletic than before. Cricket requires different kind of fitness level. Endurance, Flexibility. Do you think baseball needs endurance. There are times you will have to be on the field for 6 hours in a given day. YOu need loads of endurance. You will lose vital salts over the day under 45 degree ground temperature. So they workout regime will be slightly different there. It will target endurance and flexibility and lots of stretching. Talk about Tennis. THat needs endurance, athleticism, power, energy .. especially for a 5 setter. I think our players do play Tennis a lot . THey also play soccer which also invovles much more athletic activity than a baseball. If Cricket has to borrow something from other sport baseball would be the last sport i would go to. There are plenty more sports that can help you.

You need to read my post properly. I gave you the average speed of first base run. Can you give me for cricket' date=' the answer is no because you are hot air.[/quote'] Your constant request for numbers clearly shows your lack of understanding of cricket and/or statistics. There isn't a need for cricketers to run their singles at full tilt. So the stats you seek will be as weak as most of your arguments in this thread. Your Americanisation is fully complete. Bigger, Stronger, Faster, Americans are better than everyone else, they play toughest sports, which nobody else does because they can't handle the might of the Americans Further evidence you have not seen much cricket if guys taking catches in mitts gets your cockles warmed up. I've played baseball, as far as I've used the glove at school. Catching with a glove is a joke, you can't really miss, as long as the ball is anywhere near the front of the glove, it will nestle into the pocket. That is why in cricket, its easier for keepers to take catches than other fielders. Since you now understand different positions require different skills, you must also realise (this is the correct spelling, don't try telling me spelling it realize makes it superior) different sports require different skills. Here's a quote which explains the pointlessness of your arguments in this thread, "If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" Similarly you're using the wrong parameters to declare baseball is greater than cricket.

Cricket Australia hired a baseball catch to help the team with their fielding. Australia's fielding is, by large, light years ahead of any other team. Their athleticism is nothing short of amazing! So yeah, maybe we could learn a thing or two from baseball.
Humbug, may have been at one point, isn't any more. Australians being athletic probably has more to do with the other sports played in their youth than a baseball coach, who coached about 40 people

I know Inzamam came lean and mean for 2003 world cup and made a grand total of 19 runs :cantstop:. So did Yuvraj' date=' Zak. They came back lean. Okay i get it. Weight loss does not mean athleticism. But you would have done lot of work out to get there. So you would be more athletic than before. Cricket requires different kind of fitness level. [b']Endurance, Flexibility. Do you think baseball needs endurance. There are times you will have to be on the field for 6 hours in a given day. YOu need loads of endurance. You will lose vital salts over the day under 45 degree ground temperature. So they workout regime will be slightly different there. It will target endurance and flexibility and lots of stretching. Talk about Tennis. THat needs endurance, athleticism, power, energy .. especially for a 5 setter. I think our players do play Tennis a lot . THey also play soccer which also invovles much more athletic activity than a baseball. If Cricket has to borrow something from other sport baseball would be the last sport i would go to. There are plenty more sports that can help you.
Baseball requires quiet a bit of flexibility. All positions require lot of endurance too. That is why to minimize injuries the main pitcher is always rested after a game. Cricket always pusher the same bowler test after test. It will come when cricket will follow and rest their main bowlers and play them for alternate test.

Your constant request for numbers clearly shows your lack of understanding of cricket and/or statistics. There isn't a need for cricketers to run their singles at full tilt. So the stats you seek will be as weak as most of your arguments in this thread. Your Americanisation is fully complete. Bigger, Stronger, Faster, Americans are better than everyone else, they play toughest sports, which nobody else does because they can't handle the might of the Americans Further evidence you have not seen much cricket if guys taking catches in mitts gets your cockles warmed up. I've played baseball, as far as I've used the glove at school. Catching with a glove is a joke, you can't really miss, as long as the ball is anywhere near the front of the glove, it will nestle into the pocket. That is why in cricket, its easier for keepers to take catches than other fielders. Since you now understand different positions require different skills, you must also realise (this is the correct spelling, don't try telling me spelling it realize makes it superior) different sports require different skills. Here's a quote which explains the pointlessness of your arguments in this thread, "If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" Similarly you're using the wrong parameters to declare baseball is greater than cricket.
Neither do baseball players run all their single at full throttle. Numbers are important you are shelling out millions every bit counts. I keep an open mind. Some hard line drives are in excess of 110 mph, try stopping it with barehands. This is a foolish argument. Lot of skill set for baseball is same as cricket.

Neither do baseball players run all their single at full throttle. Numbers are important you are shelling out millions every bit counts. I keep an open mind. Some hard line drives are in excess of 110 mph, try stopping it with barehands. This is a foolish argument. Lot of skill set for baseball is same as cricket.
One minute you talk about how fit they are and how fast they run bases and then ask for the cricket equivalent. Now you are saying they don't run at full throttle. Please explain what your numbers are going to prove in that case? And how they are going to show baseball players to be fitter. OK if baseballs occasionally fly at 110mph, cricket balls can travel at 80mph off the bat and they're caught WITHOUT gloves. Yes, maybe some similar skillsets, but being able to dunk in cricket is worth jack ****.

Baseball requires quiet a bit of flexibility. All positions require lot of endurance too. That is why to minimize injuries the main pitcher is always rested after a game. Cricket always pusher the same bowler test after test. It will come when cricket will follow and rest their main bowlers and play them for alternate test.
FALSE, FALSE. Not as much as cricket. Bowling itself is such an unnatural action. That requires lot more flexibility.

Anyone who even thinks baseball should be on this list needs to give up all rights to ever talk about sports again. Baseball is by far the most unathletic game ever created. Hand-eye coordination...yes, coaches falling alseep in the dugout because the sport is boring even to those that make a living at it...yes, athletism...no. All of the aforementioned sports have their pluses and minuses, but for me Rugby and Soccer require the most athletism. Everything that has been mentioned above as a reason for their sport to be number 1, is required in rugby and soccer period. http://voices.washingtonpost.com/throwing-it-out-there/2007/10/which_sport_requires_the_most.html High time midfielder has to realize just because he follows the sports that doesn't mean it is good in all aspects. Not even majority of americans would put that anywhere close to top in terms of athleticism.

Anyone who even thinks baseball should be on this list needs to give up all rights to ever talk about sports again. Baseball is by far the most unathletic game ever created. Hand-eye coordination...yes' date= coaches falling alseep in the dugout because the sport is boring even to those that make a living at it...yes, athletism...no. All of the aforementioned sports have their pluses and minuses, but for me Rugby and Soccer require the most athletism. Everything that has been mentioned above as a reason for their sport to be number 1, is required in rugby and soccer period. http://voices.washingtonpost.com/throwing-it-out-there/2007/10/which_sport_requires_the_most.html High time midfielder has to realize just because he follows the sports that doesn't mean it is good in all aspects. Not even majority of americans would put that anywhere close to top in terms of athleticism.
How can you say that. On an average MLB player can run 60 yard dash in 6.9 secs. Can you show me a cricket no? Is that not athletic enough? In my opinion Trialthlon and Basketball.

bartolo-copy.jpg No you liar, that beer belly and all that fat do absolutely nothing to improve his throwing speed. You know nothing about any sport and least of all cricket.
That is Bartolo who is almost 40. He is an outlier but he still pitches 95-100 mph. That is faster than Lee. He has a tummy but he generates that pace because of his tremendous upper body strength.

One minute you talk about how fit they are and how fast they run bases and then ask for the cricket equivalent. Now you are saying they don't run at full throttle. Please explain what your numbers are going to prove in that case? And how they are going to show baseball players to be fitter. OK if baseballs occasionally fly at 110mph, cricket balls can travel at 80mph off the bat and they're caught WITHOUT gloves. Yes, maybe some similar skillsets, but being able to dunk in cricket is worth jack ****.
Do you even remotely know the difference in energy of a ball at 80 mph and 110 mph which has to be caught everytime. Mass of cricket and baseball is about the same so that is a wash but the energy goes up by square of the velocity. Hands don't cut it. Dunking shows athleticism, if you dont understand it I can help but later on.

How can you say that. On an average MLB player can run 60 yard dash in 6.9 secs. Can you show me a cricket no? Is that not athletic enough?
Dhoni will out run pretty much all the clowns in MLB :cantstop: with protective equipments. Mike Hussey will comfortably trump everyone out there.