For Indian Cricket to improve learn from US Baseball

Midfielder

Assuming these numbers to be true and taking weight of ball ~=160 gms. That's a difference of about 90 Joules. Lets see what you do make out of this 'humoungous' difference in 'energy' carried by the balls. While answering, do consider the cushioning provided by the gloves.
Enough to cause a serious injury. So to cut down on that they have to do it. If you look at the throws coming at bases also cricket guys look in slow motion compared to baseball. But you are correct a glove negates it.

u are an idiot. the bowlers can hit the batsman on the full if they want to, it's only a no ball if it's over hip height. it's a walk in baseball no matter where u hit the batter. only an idiot would claim that baseball players are more atheletic than cricket players. the only position players in baseball who are equivalent to an average cricket fielder would be the ones playing down the middle. corner infielders especially are fat *****s. hitting a baseball with a smaller bat does not show better reflex. most batters in baseball actually start the swing before the pitch is delivered anyway. plus nobody is claiming batting in baseball is easier than cricket, of course it's harder to hit a ball with a smaller bat. that's why even the best fail to get a hit 7/10 times. i would say the equivalent of a hr in baseball is a wicket in cricket. baseball is a defense oriented game and cricket is not. like i said before, ur posts are absolute trash.
Funny.

Poor reflex and judgement. Those were legal balls. I saw Patil also hit by was it Pascoe?
It is easy to say "poor reflex" with the knowledge no MLB player is going to face such bowling. Some Random mexican is going to have better reflex than someone like Tendulkar who also got hit in his helmet. Now i have heard it all. wow.

Give me some numbers.
64, 356, 234, 536, 223342, 56754312, 34534523, 12, 231, 11, 6674, 56346, 345345 Please let me know if you require any others. Before you dismiss this post, I'd just like to state these numbers are as valid as the points you're making. You seriously lack an understanding of cricket and and more interested in becoming one of these guys: hpvdPDE.jpg

Once again look at the fitness scale and numbers of baseball vs cricket players and you will see the difference. Like I mentioned MLB player average is 60 yards 6.9 secs. Cricket does not have those numbers because the sport has not reached the level of professionalism of baseball. Not even close.
Just in case you don't know Baseball stats were designed by a cricket guy. Talk about professionalism. The practice of keeping records of player achievements was started in the 19th century by Henry Chadwick.[1] Based on his experience with the sport called cricket, Chadwick devised the predecessors to modern day statistics including batting average, runs scored, and runs allowed. Tr

Once again look at the fitness scale and numbers of baseball vs cricket players and you will see the difference. Like I mentioned MLB player average is 60 yards 6.9 secs. Cricket does not have those numbers because the sport has not reached the level of professionalism of baseball. Not even close.
This is going nowhere midfield. Unless you can prove cricketers can't do that you can keep repeating. You cleverly use the stats that makes no sense in cricket as your argument. Why would any have a 22 yard dash stat let alone 60 yard dash in cricket. You know how hard it is? You know how many runs are scored in cricket, how many times they run? IN addition to that they run with their pads/helpmet, bat. How can you use that trvial stat to put forward your opinion of "baseball players athleticism". In most of the baseball games players would not even require to move a muscle before the game is over. Forget about Indians. Just ask any american which sports has better athletes in USA and ask them to rank where baseball stands. Majority would put baseball right at the bottom.

Just for fun i timed one of Dhon's dash.. It was not 22 yards. more like 24 yards as i stopped after he crossed the stumps. 2qm2ib9.png Assuming it is 22 yards.. 2 seconds That means 66 yards 6 seconds.. besides.. 20 to 40 will be faster than 0 to 20. Infact Dhoni will outrun these guys easily. Mind you this is with pads/bat.

Exactly. It is a sight to behold.
Enough to cause a serious injury. So to cut down on that they have to do it. If you look at the throws coming at bases also cricket guys look in slow motion compared to baseball. But you are correct a glove negates it.
:haha::haha::haha: Those posts were to expose the absurdity of your points, you took them seriously as support?!!:hatsoff: Go read some basic physics on momentum, force, energy, de-acceleration/time-to-stop, pressure, and also some math on percentages. To make a claim that 90 extra Joules of energy carried by a baseball can cause a serious energy - w/o considering the time to stop, and area of impact and how much more % worse it is than '90joules' slower ball - is as absurd as it gets. Btw, can you guess - soccer ball (the real football) carries about another 50-60 joules of energy more than baseball. Guess how many people die catching soccer ball?

:haha::haha::haha: Those posts were to expose the absurdity of your points, you took them seriously as support?!!:hatsoff: Go read some basic physics on momentum, force, energy, de-acceleration/time-to-stop, pressure, and also some math on percentages. To make a claim that 90 extra Joules of energy carried by a baseball can cause a serious energy - w/o considering the time to stop, and area of impact and how much more % worse it is than '90joules' slower ball - is as absurd as it gets. Btw, can you guess - soccer ball (the real football) carries about another 50-60 joules of energy more than baseball. Guess how many people die catching soccer ball?
Obviously you get a F in physics. For the last time it will break your hand. People who have caught it have their fingers broken or hand size doubled or blue. They go to the hospital right away. You are incredibly dense. Do you know the size of soccer ball.

Just for fun i timed one of Dhon's dash.. It was not 22 yards. more like 24 yards as i stopped after he crossed the stumps. 2qm2ib9.png Assuming it is 22 yards.. 2 seconds That means 66 yards 6 seconds.. besides.. 20 to 40 will be faster than 0 to 20. Infact Dhoni will outrun these guys easily. Mind you this is with pads/bat.
You timed him. Enough said.

This is going nowhere midfield. Unless you can prove cricketers can't do that you can keep repeating. You cleverly use the stats that makes no sense in cricket as your argument. Why would any have a 22 yard dash stat let alone 60 yard dash in cricket. You know how hard it is? You know how many runs are scored in cricket' date=' how many times they run? IN addition to that they run with their pads/helpmet, bat. How can you use that trvial stat to put forward your opinion of "baseball players athleticism". In most of the baseball games players would not even require to move a muscle before the game is over. Forget about Indians. Just ask any american which sports has better athletes in USA and ask them to rank where baseball stands. Majority would put baseball right at the bottom.[/quote'] Your heroes have been destroyed and you dont like it.

You timed him. Enough said.
Why don't you time then. Not that hard . I really like to see the baseball player with all the protective gear get from one end to other end in 2 seconds. I calculated to fraction. That came to 2.4 seconds. That would be like 60 yards in 6.5 seconds. That was just one running between the wickets which happens throughout the day unlike baseball where you run rarely. So it is not that hard to push yourself once in a while that too without carrying any burden. It is logical. I don't think even MLB player would put up these defenses. Frankly in cricket 22 yard dash stat is nothing short of a laughable stat. It is equivalent of coming up with a standing stat in baseball.

Obviously you get a F in physics. For the last time it will break your hand. People who have caught it have their fingers broken or hand size doubled or blue. They go to the hospital right away. You are incredibly dense. Do you know the size of soccer ball.
Do you realize why i mentioned that? You are too dumb to understand subtle jokes. It based on your theory that 90 absolute joules of 'extra' energy breaks hands, so adding 50 should definitely kill people as per your logic. :haha::haha:

Do you realize why i mentioned that? You are too dumb to understand subtle jokes. It based on your theory that 90 absolute joules of 'extra' energy breaks hands, so adding 50 should definitely kill people as per your logic. :haha::haha:
For the last time, calculate the force of a baseball, rough size of your palm and the energy it takes to break finger bones. You will understand in a hurry why they use gloves. I can do the physics for you but I am not your teacher. If a freakiing baseball hits you in the face it will shatter your cheekbone and drive whatever is left right up your brain. This is not trivial stuff. A bouncer coming at you have a fraction of energy of a baseball. Please stop it before your posts look more silly. Bouncer seldom fractures skulls. Unfortunately baseball kills every year. Even spectators in the stand who try to catch ball with bare hands have injuries. Please let us be as a minimum civil to each other.