For Indian Cricket to improve learn from US Baseball

Midfielder

Where did you get 60% from ?
Are you telling me these balls Kohli smash would feel like 54 mile per hour balls. Trolling of the highest order :cantstop: He walks across uses minimum meat of the bat.. almost like baseballsque size of meat.
You need to read my posts better.

Absolutely false. The cricket ball moves much, much more through the air before reaching the batsman than a baseball does. A baseball does not curl in nearly as much in one direction or the other in the air over the same horizontal distance it travels in the air. That again, is a fact: both provable by math and observation. baseball is the hardest thing to hit because you are using a round club to hit it. Pitches from baseball are easier to hit than cricket full tosses with a cricket bat. Try it, I have.
Cricket bat has lot more area. Do the math.

exactly. 60% !!!, looks like umrican baseball scientists did that research. that would be an awesome magic slower ball. 95% of batsmen from current lot would fail to connect, trying to swing too soon.
I am not your physics teacher. Baseball is lot more advanced and has all those numbers cricket not so much.

How do you intend me to verify this challenge ? It is something that most people who've played cricket and have caught infield screamers have done. If you've ever caught Greenidge's cut shot or Tendulkar's cut shot from point off of a hansie cronje patta- like Jonty Rhodes has for exmaple' date=' its cactching a ball travelling well over 100mph. Catching a ball and being a 'human wall' to the ball is not the same. If i let myself get hit in the hald repeatedly with 100mph balls while i just held out my hand, it would break. If i tried to catch a 100mph ball it can be done easily. What part of that simple reality do you not get ??[/quote'] No amount of breaking the acceleration is going to do it. You will break your hand.

You see bowlers in pain half the time when attempting to catch the ball is because of a simple reason you fool: on the field, the bowler is the one fielder, at all given times when bowling, who is the last ready to catch the ball because his job is focussed on delivery of the ball!. Half the time it comes back to them 1 second after they were busy doing something else. Its not the ball that hurts them, its the lack of time. 95% of bowlers who wince in pain trying to take a return catch, its because they got hit on the fingertips by the ball, not ready enough to get their palm in place in time: a problem that a fielder ready to catch the ball before the ball is delivered, does not have. Again, moron, as i said, if you have any basic math skills, calculate the velocity of the cricket ball arriving at mid-wicket after, say 20% of the hardest slammed pulls. There are plenty fo examples of catches taken at that and if you come up with the ball travelling less than 100 miles an hour, you are simply, a fail at grade 12 math. Ofcourse in baseball there are less misfields. the ball is in play in the field far less! its either out of the park or in people's hands 95% of the time and only 5% of the time it enters the field. When it goes into people's hands, its like catching a ball with a bear's paw, so ofcourse it is easier. Duh! There are more misfields in cricket because there is way more actual fielding in cricket. Not just tossing the ball back to the bowler over and over or fetching it from over the boundary fence. Catching a ball with a glove is pussy. Pure and simple. its so much easier to do than with bare hands. And no, bare hands are better at 'reigning the ball back in' or picking up a ball and returning it thats still in play: which is why your precious baseball players pick up the ball with the ungloved hands, idiot. Its just that they are pussies who prefer catching made easy enough that even the most uncoordinated girl on stillettoes can do it competently.
These are the top specimens in the world nothing pussy about them. Stand next to one of these guys and you will understand conditioning.

there is no debate that a baseball on an average travels 10-20 mph faster than a cricket ball, either in bowling or off the bat. if you are trying to argue this you are probably touched in the head and belong in an institution.

there is no debate that a baseball on an average travels 10-20 mph faster than a cricket ball' date=' either in bowling or off the bat. if you are trying to argue this you are probably touched in the head and belong in an institution.[/quote'] You may lay claim to know about baseball. But sure you are probably one of the most cricket illiterate i found in a cricket forum.

That is Bartolo who is almost 40. He is an outlier but he still pitches 95-100 mph. That is faster than Lee. He has a tummy but he generates that pace because of his tremendous upper body strength.
Wait..he generates that pace since he is allowed to bend his elbow unlike Lee.

Odds of brett lee pitching at 95 mph >>>>>>>>>> any baseball player bowling at 90 mph with bowling action
what does pitching at 95 mph do? there are tonnes of baseball pitches who pitch faster than that languishing in minor leagues. pitching is much more than mph. obviously i wouldn't expect a person with zero knowledge of baseball understand that. in fact all your debate about mph is silly. a 95 mph bowler can get smashed and a 95 mph pitcher can be hit for home runs. eyepeeyal league is here 'brah' go follow that and stop arguing about baseball.

what does pitching at 95 mph do? there are tonnes of baseball pitches who pitch faster than that languishing in minor leagues. pitching is much more than mph. obviously i wouldn't expect a person with zero knowledge of baseball understand that. in fact all your debate about mph is silly. a 95 mph bowler can get smashed and a 95 mph pitcher can be hit for home runs. eyepeeyal league is here 'brah' go follow that and stop arguing about baseball.
What a convincing "argument" from a Girls League Baseball fan. IT is basical common sense that anyone can throw faster than they bowl. Because pitching is a natural action. Bowling is an unnatural action. Now i conclude you don't have knowledge of either sports. Will promote you to a sports illiterate :cantstop: . You remind me of Rahul Gandhi. There is a saying in usual suspects. Greatest trick devil ever pulled is convincing the world he didn't exist. Similarly Greatest trick an ignorant can ever pull is convincing himself he knows everything.

this thread has pretty much a dick measuring contest with nballa and mid fielder trying to prove that they know more about baseball than others. i dont know why others still bother
I am just here for trolling. But i think sad part is midfielder looks like believing what he says :cantstop: . Nballa a certified troll. So his posts are generally lunatic.You can take it with a grain of salt.