India A tour of Australia in July- Aug

Also, no point bringing Bhuvi, Steyn, Morkel and Jhonson into this discussion. This is about Umesh Yadav and shorter formats, so forget all others for the time being and focus on Umesh and his exploits in the shorter formats. (
got two MOTM in the IPL? How many pace bowlers did that this season?
Haha RKT agar Ishant had a FC season of 4 matches, 6 wickets@68, I would be saying the same thing which I am saying for Umesh. Waise bhi, in one single domstic FC match Ishant played in the season, he took more wickets than Umesh did playing 4 FC matches :--D
Even Vinay Kumar too more wickets. Mithun got 40 wickets. Lets play them. :dance:
Even Vinay Kumar too more wickets. Mithun got 40 wickets. Lets play them. :dance:
Haha imagine such trundlers taking wickets but the best pacer in the country struggling against batsmen who would have hardly faced any one bowling 140+. Perhaps he'll pick wickets only when he plays test cricket. Hope he can do well vs the Aus A in the two FC matches though
Haha imagine such trundlers taking wickets but the best pacer in the country struggling against batsmen who would have hardly faced any one bowling 140+. Perhaps he'll pick wickets only when he plays test cricket. Hope he can do well vs the Aus A in the two FC matches though
this is actually not strange the team you play in and many times being tundler is helpful in bowling very long spells with just accuracy which his needed in domestic cricket where normally spinners do bulk of bowling also umesh is not unproven guy he has actually bowled in test and did well or atleast better than anyone else ..for him benchmark should be that he looks in rhythm and in form an pick him on that .. whats the logic of aaron being there ? its just lack of planning which frustrates me ..they want quick bowler but picked the wrong one ..
That is what I am saying too. Don't know why people are bragging for him to be in the team. It is his own fault, no one else's and I do not blame selectors for his non-selection. We should have selected all the top wicket takers in Ranji.
this is actually not strange the team you play in and many times being tundler is helpful in bowling very long spells with just accuracy which his needed in domestic cricket where normally spinners do bulk of bowling also umesh is not unproven guy he has actually bowled in test and did well or atleast better than anyone else ..for him benchmark should be that he looks in rhythm and in form an pick him on that .. whats the logic of aaron being there ? its just lack of planning which frustrates me ..they want quick bowler but picked the wrong one ..
If we are talking about domestic performance as benchmark we would not selectors just computers.We are talking about a guy who bowled well in whatever tests he has played and he got injured and played ranji to prove his fitness as the selectors picked him inspite of average performance and now after warming the bench he is dropped .so i do not really think whats to argue about. Take the case of sreesanth he never had any great fc performances but has won more tests than many who average below 30 in fc.We are poor fast bowling country so any body who can be a match winner has to played. In case of umesh he averages 28 in fc so more so he should be backed like ishant.
If we are talking about domestic performance as benchmark we would not selectors just computers.We are talking about a guy who bowled well in whatever tests he has played and he got injured and played ranji to prove his fitness as the selectors picked him inspite of average performance and now after warming the bench he is dropped .so i do not really think whats to argue about.
there is nothing to argue about just lack of planning and inconsistency which his baffling . its like they pick and drop players on mood.. there is not even logic here none of the bowlers in squad currently are top wicket takers this season..so what is is the criteria really ? forget test squad..what irked me was people defending him not even getting chance to play in a tour?!:hysterical:
That is what I am saying too. Don't know why people are bragging for him to be in the team. It is his own fault' date=' no one else's and I do not blame selectors for his non-selection. We should have selected all the top wicket takers in Ranji.[/quote'] Haha RKT. Still doesnt explain why Umesh would struggle to pick wickets in FC season. Now lets see what he does on the A tour in the two unoffical tests.
there is nothing to argue about just lack of planning and inconsistency which his baffling . its like they pick and drop players on mood.. there is not even logic here none of the bowlers in squad currently are top wicket takers this season..so what is is the criteria really ? forget test squad..what irked me was people defending him not even getting chance to play in a tour?!:hysterical:
True its extremely sad.The pain is more for me as i have seen the quality or lack of it in indian fast bowling tests squads in 2000-2007.We have better talents now and we just do not back them.
True its extremely sad.The pain is more for me as i have seen the quality or lack of it in indian fast bowling tests squads in 2000-2007.We have better talents now and we just do not back them.
exactly ..even fitness wise umesh is one of the better quick bowler in the world..if he was jsut given 5-6 matches on trot he should have improved but now we have aaron in test squad out of no where and same with bhuvi they both have done nothing outside of ipl and t20 cricket and after this series they will be dropped and some new guy will be given chance and dropped some one like pankaj after performing better than nay one in warm ups will not play even single match:giggle: why pick him then ?
Haha RKT. Still doesnt explain why Umesh would struggle to pick wickets in FC season. Now lets see what he does on the A tour in the two unoffical tests.
You are holding on to those 4 FC matches. People can have bad patch, struggle for rhythm coming back from injury. Pujara did not do much in NZ, does it mean, he should not be selected. Kohli fared so poorly in his first few tests and ODIs, so, he should never have been picked again for Indian team. Ishant averages 60 odd in last 3 years in test cricket, why he was still picked for SA tour. If you cannot back a talented young bowler who had a bright start to his career, then you do not deserve to have fast bowlers. At least, if he was picked, we could have seen how he had done in FC and then decide whether have him in XI or not and probably could have gotten better rhythm wise by bowling in the nets. People saying Ishant had a good last test, so he deserves to be in the Xi. Umesh had a good last test too, helped team win the test, but he never played again in a test whcih has been his stronger suit. Such things can demotivate anyone, especially, a country like where do not have a fast bowling culture. We know how to make young talented batsmen into world class batsmen. We back our batsmen. Likes of Rahane average 25 in 30 ODIs, but are still backed and persisted with. If start discarding talented bowler like this, we will never build an attack. We have a 55 tests old veteran who cannot even bothered to prepare before such a big tour.
You are holding on to those 4 FC matches. People can have bad patch, struggle for rhythm coming back from injury. Pujara did not do much in NZ, does it mean, he should not be selected. Kohli fared so poorly in his first few tests and ODIs, so, he should never have been picked again for Indian team. Ishant averages 60 odd in last 3 years in test cricket, why he was still picked for SA tour. If you cannot back a talented young bowler who had a bright start to his career, then you do not deserve to have fast bowlers. At least, if he was picked, we could have seen how he had done in FC and then decide whether have him in XI or not and probably could have gotten better rhythm wise by bowling in the nets. People saying Ishant had a good last test, so he deserves to be in the Xi. Umesh had a good last test too, helped team win the test, but he never played again in a test whcih has been his stronger suit. Such things can demotivate anyone, especially, a country like where do not have a fast bowling culture. We know how to make young talented batsmen into world class batsmen. We back our batsmen. Likes of Rahane average 25 in 30 ODIs, but are still backed and persisted with. If start discarding talented bowler like this, we will never build an attack. We have a 55 tests old veteran who cannot even bothered to prepare before such a big tour.
well said ...
Sounds like lots of excuses to me. If Umesh is as good as you make him out to be , he should be taking wickets across formats or at least in FC cricket which is his stronger suit. Can't keep saying look he is not being picked for tests and hence he's struggling. Umesh had an opportunity in BD, what does he do, on a green wicket bowls terribly. Now he has his chance in Aus, as the best test bowler to whom a grave injustice has been done, I would expect him to pick lots of wickets. Lets see how he does.
Sounds like lots of excuses to me. If Umesh is as good as you make him out to be , he should be taking wickets across formats or at least in FC cricket which is his stronger suit. Can't keep saying look he is not being picked for tests and hence he's struggling. Umesh had an opportunity in BD, what does he do, on a green wicket bowls terribly. Now he has his chance in Aus, as the best test bowler to whom a grave injustice has been done, I would expect him to pick lots of wickets. Lets see how he does.
if he isn't our best test bowler, who do you think is?
Haha RKT. Still doesnt explain why Umesh would struggle to pick wickets in FC season. Now lets see what he does on the A tour in the two unoffical tests.
umesh yadav is not a finished product. that explains why he is not picking lots of wickets like other bowlers in domestic cricket. bowlers like vinay kumar are more fine tuned and they have already reached their optimum level. so they will get mnore wickets in domestic circuit. but the scope for improvement is small. uy has the potential to become one of the best bowlers in the world. so the question is whether we are satisfied with bowlers like vinay kumar giving average performance at intl level or we want to strive for higher quality bowlers at the price of giving them time. if you compare umesh yadav and dale steyn skill wise. uy can bowl as quick as steyn, can move the ball away and reverse as much as steyn. the difference will be dicipline and wicket taking ability. both those things can be build by playing lots of matches and by achieving experience. you cannot tell the same for a vinay kumar, mithun, ... this is the exact reason why bowlers like umesh yadav should be playing in lots of test matches irrespective of their returns. if we had a ready made malcom marshal we won;t have to do this. but since india does not have such bowlers, we have to invest on bowlers who shows promise rather than stats at domestic level. support from captain and bowling coach are also very crucial in taking that next step. unfortunately bowlers like uy does not have both.