The BJP thread

kabbirann

Actually he messed up BBMP by arrogance. JDS should ahve tied up with BJP , Ashok ignored them. Also he belongs to Vokkaliga group which have bigger leaders in JDS & Con party.

the BBMP was a poisoned chalice. I am glad the BJP did not go with the Jd(s). They proved their electoral mettle by winning the BBMP with 40% of the vote. But the BBMP is a poorly funded body.Come 2018 the Congress and Jd(s) wont have anybody to blame. Otherwise poor state of Bangaluru roads would have been an agitation against the BJP in Bangalore. Considering the BJP are strong in northern Karnataka with the SDPI making inroads at the congress expense they need to sweep Bangaluru. I am talking close to 25-30 seats the BJP should gain to make up for their weaker areas in the southern region. 

Yes i know the Jd(s) in particular have stronger leaders from that community. Which is why you need to make a cut into the said community.

Edited by G_B_

Gujarat civic polls are the last remaining political activity for the BJP  this year.

A good part of me wants the BJP to do badly there. I am not sure Anandiben Patel is upto the mark. Better they lose now and change strategy with 2 years remaining than win this one and get a surprise in 2017. It might be wise to send Amit Shah back to Guj as CM. The BJP organisation in that state has heavily weakened ever since Anandiben Patel took over. 

Edited by G_B_

Prashant kishore being solicited by Assam CM - Tarun Gogoi and Punjab CM - Amarinder Singh... Looks like BJP is in for hard times

Guess Prashant Kishore is bit over hyped imo .....he is Nitish adviser still RJD got more seats than JDU.

Prashant kishore being solicited by Assam CM - Tarun Gogoi and Punjab CM - Amarinder Singh... Looks like BJP is in for hard times

this is why i say make peace with the guy. You cant fight everybody. 

I dont think the BJP has that much invested in Punjab. Punjab should happen alongside Uttar Pradesh so as along as Kishor is directed there its ok. Keeps him away from Uttar Pradesh.  The bihar results will mean BJP will stick with SAD and its going to be a Badal v Amrinder battle. I dont think there is going to be an issue of projection for NDA in Punjab.

As far as Assam goes, I think this is where the BJP need to be wise and offer Kishor the role. The BJP have a real chance in Assam. At the very least they need to ensure Congress does not form government in that state.

Congress atm is Karnataka Kerala and Assam + small states. You take away Kerala and Assam and the Congress will be reeling. Its important more than the BJP winning they stop the Congress from retaining Assam

Whats also becoming clear is Indian politics is becoming personality centric. 2014 The Modi wave was strong enough to get away with flaws.

For Uttar Pradesh BJP have to project somebody. I think Rajnath Singh might just suit that bill. While he is the one who wrecked the BJP in that state over the last decade. He is the only pan UP local face the BJP have.

Similarly in Assam BJP need to project somebody. Be in Mr Sarma, State president Bhattachaya or somebody from the Sonewal faction. In WB they should project Rupa Ganguly and in Kerala they need to project Rajagopal. 

Edited by G_B_

BJP wants to increase vote share. He is good enough for that. He campaigned heavily in local polls and party vote share increased from 10 to 18%.

Corporation votes will not translate to Assembly always..any way as of now there is not other option, still not convinced with him though. May be getting Tharoor will be a good idea [Not sure about Sunanda issue though]

the BBMP was a poisoned chalice. I am glad the BJP did not go with the Jd(s). They proved their electoral mettle by winning the BBMP with 40% of the vote. But the BBMP is a poorly funded body.Come 2018 the Congress and Jd(s) wont have anybody to blame. Otherwise poor state of Bangaluru roads would have been an agitation against the BJP in Bangalore. Considering the BJP are strong in northern Karnataka with the SDPI making inroads at the congress expense they need to sweep Bangaluru. I am talking close to 25-30 seats the BJP should gain to make up for their weaker areas in the southern region. 

Yes i know the Jd(s) in particular have stronger leaders from that community. Which is why you need to make a cut into the said community.

Things are not so simple..CM Siddu have a movement ,AHINDA [ minorities/backward catses etc] so have a good vote bank. Tippu issue also one ploy to consolidate minority votes. Ashoka doesn't have mass appeal as he is mostly limited to Bangalore. Yeddy is the best bet as of now.

Things are not so simple..CM Siddu have a movement ,AHINDA [ minorities/backward catses etc] so have a good vote bank. Tippu issue also one ploy to consolidate minority votes. Ashoka doesn't have mass appeal as he is mostly limited to Bangalore. Yeddy is the best bet as of now.

You can also add "Intellectuals/ Rationalists" like some of our fellow posters to that vote-bank.

You can also add "Intellectuals/ Rationalists" like some of our fellow posters to that vote-bank.

They can support from outside, Siddu doesn't care much about them though :giggle:

.There is one possibility though, if Con party doesn't make him CM candidate again he will walk away.

SDPI has made enough inroads into congress votes in Bangalore and north. They should get about 4-5% of the vote in the assembly.

I think its fair one this point whereby a review needs to be conducted by an independent person. Specifically to these points I have thought of. This however should have been said in private. Its not as if Advani himself was really victorious. Airing laundry is public they do come across as being bitter.

(a) Why are BJP allies in these big states failing so badly? In maharashtra allies won 1 on 30 seats in bihar 7 on 86. In both cases I feel BJP would have done better had they simply contested alone. Is there a case whereby BJP voters dont want to vote for these smaller outfits?  Does it make sense for the BJP to simply contest all in upcoming elections.

(b) Sidelining local leaders. IMO when it comes to state elections there needs to be a local face or faces which Modi can complement. I dont think for eg many people knew Shah in rural Bihar.  You dont have to project a CM candidate but people need to know who your local leaders are.

With regards to a consensus character hmm i am not sure about that. Modi has earned his spot at the top. Till 2019 he has the right to make the calls he sees fit. I personally think Shah needs to go. BJP's local leaders especially need space. I do hope BJP go it alone in Assam and UP two states in which they have a chance. I dont think seat sharing is the forte of BJP under Modi. Assam especially BJP need to establish presence everywhere even if they lose. It will build the party for the future. 

Edited by G_B_

^ nice opportunity for BJP to attract some votes / leaders from the vokkaliga-gowda community after tipu-kempegowda controversy...

it should die down by 2018.

But if siddu continues along the same path i think congress high command might be forced to remove him. On the flip side they know he commands loyalty of 20 mla. So their government will fall. If the congress end up being shunted out of kerala and assam then IMO siddu will stay as congress wont want to rock the boat. But if congress retain both states they might just rock the boat in karnataka.