India tour of Bangladesh, June 2014

India tour of Bangladesh, June 2014  

1. 1.

• uthappa
    • raina
    • rahane
    • no one

Just found some new information:
I think from a viewer point-of-view it's not that bad a news because it's a fairly unimportant series of 3 matches over 5 days against Bangladesh. There's not a great deal of interest going into this series, but there would be cricket fans out there that would want to watch it even if on Doordarshan. What I don't get is why inking a deal with Ten Sports or Nimbus would be a problem. Are they selling the rights to Indian broadcasters for this series separately or are they selling off a multi-year deal for all of Bangladesh's home matches? If it's the latter, there really should be no issue with selling the rights to Nimbus or Ten Sports. Both channels have had rights for other test playing nations' home matches (Nimbus with Bangladesh and Ten Sports with West Indies, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka etc.) and those countries have hosted India with Nimbus/Ten Sports as the broadcaster. Just goes to show that other boards are probably at the mercy of the BCCI and are doing what they can to please them.
exactly ten sports shows indian tours of SAF ZIM WI AND LANKA so whts the problem if BCB sells the rights to Ten sports its cricket after all doesnt matter how big the tour is BCCI should do something to bring live cricket it gives the neg vibe they should negotiate a deal or show no concern if BAN sells the long term deal to TEN SPORTS or NEO sports cause this 2 will def take the rights
exactly ten sports shows indian tours of SAF ZIM WI AND LANKA so whts the problem if BCB sells the rights to Ten sports its cricket after all doesnt matter how big the tour is BCCI should do something to bring live cricket it gives the neg vibe they should negotiate a deal or show no concern if BAN sells the long term deal to TEN SPORTS or NEO sports cause this 2 will def take the rights
Not sure why the BCCI needs to be involved in this. It's upto Gazi TV or BCB to sell the broadcasting rights to the most interested international broadcasters out there. Personally I'm looking forward to this series to see the new Indian talent in action and will be hoping that the series will at least be telecasted on Doordarshan if not one of the bigger sports networks.
Not sure why the BCCI needs to be involved in this. It's upto Gazi TV or BCB to sell the broadcasting rights to the most interested international broadcasters out there. Personally I'm looking forward to this series to see the new Indian talent in action and will be hoping that the series will at least be telecasted on Doordarshan if not one of the bigger sports networks.
ya BCB just should sell the rights to Ten sports Cause NEO got a history with BCB too:haha: i live in UK i have no idea who is showing the series i want to see a hard fought india-Ban series

Blackout threatens Bangladesh-India series as broadcasters prove scarce

The BCCI has been table-thumping India’s standing as cricket’s economic powerhouse to all and sundry but that claim is now being put to the test. India is sending an under-strength team to play three ODIs in Bangladesh starting on 15 June and so far there are no takers to telecast the series in India, according to the Mumbai Mirror.
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:
ya BCB just should sell the rights to Ten sports Cause NEO got a history with BCB too:haha: i live in UK i have no idea who is showing the series i want to see a hard fought india-Ban series
Just re-read the article again and apparently they are selling the rights to this series separately, which is a foolish decision from Gazi TV. I don't know if they'll sell each of their home series separately, because if they do, they might not even find international broadcasters for most of their home series. It's not like Bangladesh's series are sought after by international broadcasters anyway. Also, since they're selling the rights to this series separately, BCCI can have a stronger say in who cannot get the television rights in India.
What is the source?
Firstpost.
NEO is out of the question because like BCCI' date='BCB also threw out Neo sports because of non payment of money.[/quote'] The difference is that the BCCI knows they can command the interest of other broadcasters. BCB can't really say that about themselves. The television rights for Bangladesh's home series were bought by Gazi TV for about â…“rd the sum that Nimbus had offered them for their previous deal, so if the rights for telecasting Bangladesh's home matches in India were available for a significantly lesser amount of money and Nimbus were the best option out there, I don't think the BCB would have a choice.
I cared about earlier but now I don't give a damn. Just keep calm and Watch FIFA :dance:
I'm not a football fan at all and I don't see any reason why an Indian should have any reason or motivation to avidly follow and support anyone during an Argentina vs Uruguay match. Also, if you truly "don't give a damn", why are you even here commenting on this thread? You're only contradicting yourself.
Just re-read the article again and apparently they are selling the rights to this series separately, which is a foolish decision from Gazi TV. I don't know if they'll sell each of their home series separately, because if they do, they might not even find international broadcasters for most of their home series. It's not like Bangladesh's series are sought after by international broadcasters anyway. Also, since they're selling the rights to this series separately, BCCI can have a stronger say in who cannot get the television rights in India. Firstpost. The difference is that the BCCI knows they can command the interest of other broadcasters. BCB can't really say that about themselves. The television rights for Bangladesh's home series were bought by Gazi TV for about â…“rd the sum that Nimbus had offered them for their previous deal, so if the rights for telecasting Bangladesh's home matches in India were available for a significantly lesser amount of money and Nimbus were the best option out there, I don't think the BCB would have a choice.
exactly they should sell the rights in long term and try to earn an overall profit rather than series by series
I'm not a football fan at all and I don't see any reason why an Indian should have any reason or motivation to avidly follow and support anyone during an Argentina vs Uruguay match. Also, if you truly "don't give a damn", why are you even here commenting on this thread? You're only contradicting yourself.
Mostly Indian football fans are fans of 'Hype' some seriously love football and are genuine but hey whatever makes them happy.
I think from a viewer point-of-view it's not that bad a news because it's a fairly unimportant series of 3 matches over 5 days against Bangladesh. There's not a great deal of interest going into this series, but there would be cricket fans out there that would want to watch it even if on Doordarshan. What I don't get is why inking a deal with Ten Sports or Nimbus would be a problem. Are they selling the rights to Indian broadcasters for this series separately or are they selling off a multi-year deal for all of Bangladesh's home matches? If it's the latter, there really should be no issue with selling the rights to Nimbus or Ten Sports. Both channels have had rights for other test playing nations' home matches (Nimbus with Bangladesh and Ten Sports with West Indies, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka etc.) and those countries have hosted India with Nimbus/Ten Sports as the broadcaster. Just goes to show that other boards are probably at the mercy of the BCCI and are doing what they can to please them.
Dont go too much in the firstpost articles. They are written by rookies who do not have much information. Just by bashing BCCI trying to show they really care about cricket.