India tour of Bangladesh, June 2014

India tour of Bangladesh, June 2014  

1. 1.

• uthappa
    • raina
    • rahane
    • no one

You are not sold on Jadhav's Ranji performance? Which Ranji season did you follow?
I said I am not sold on any Ranji performance not only him but anyone. Duleep is a better format. If he is good that he can walk on water as you say why is he sucking wind in IPL?
Agree bro we must give chance to youngsters with potential. Like I said, Sanju Sampson is a must in the middle order. But Yuvraj Singh is batting like a bomb at present and dropping him now as soon as he got back into form will be unfair. IPL all right but those 2 innings are reminisce of 2007 Yuvi special. If Yuvraj Singh can maintain this form till 2015 WC (touch wood) its a massive massive advantage for team India. An inform Yuvraj in middle order >>> inform Kedar Jadhav. If we drop him now he will lose this form like KP due to lack of match practice.
Both Yuvraj and Harbhajan are phenomenal right now. They are outperforming lot of others. I was against Yuvraj playing the final against SL but now he deserves a chance.
By now,you should know I'm a huge Yuvi fan :giggle: having said that,I wouldnt go by just couple of IPL innings and say hes ready for comeback.Hes flattered to decieve before by playing such innings in domestic cricket and failing hopelessly in Indian colours. Jadhav has a brilliant Ranji season and played well in IPL in whatever chances he got.So hes done it for far longer and it just isnt a abberation.The guy deserves his chances more than any other guy. As for Yuvi,he has to produce such innings on a consistent basis on varied conditions.Two innings on Bangalore patta just arent enough by any means.If he can prove that he can do it for long,only then can he even enter the consideration imo
Jadhav is not doing anythng in IPL where bowling is slightly better.
Sehwag and Gambhir havent done anything to deserve a comeback to Indian team. This series is not important anyway and first choice cricketers should be given a rest after continuous cricket. They should send a bunch of youngsters.
Both have done more than Dhawan. IPL is better.
I really dont care about Ranji as there is huge variation in the standard. IPL is much better product and jadhav has not done a squat. Both Yuvraj and harbhajan have done much better than established players so that is why I am in favor of these two.
I said I am not sold on any Ranji performance not only him but anyone. Duleep is a better format. If he is good that he can walk on water as you say why is he sucking wind in IPL?
Jadhav is not doing anythng in IPL where bowling is slightly better.
firstly,Jadhav has scored 142 runs at an average of 47 and SR of 156.By no standards is this a poor performance.Its not his fault that DD play him so low in the batting order. so you'd rather judge players on T20 format where luck plays a huge role than 4 day games over a season.Pretty weird.
Both Yuvraj and Harbhajan are phenomenal right now. They are outperforming lot of others. I was against Yuvraj playing the final against SL but now he deserves a chance.
Yuvraj has done well in grand total of 3 innings in whole IPL.2 of them on Bangalore patta.Thats hardly a phenomenal performance Harbhajan has 8 wickets in 10 matches @ 30.again not a phenomenal performance by any stretch of imagination.Guys like Chahal,Tambe has comfortably bettered him
Who is sucking in IPL? He is being asked to bat way down the order by KP and yet everyone is impressed by him. Highest run scorer in Ranji at and avg. of 85+. Seriously, do you follow anything at all?
How does someone with a three or four years left is a short term goal. Put a young unproven commodity and be ready to see poor outcome.
if the player is doing consistently well outdoing others,then he can be included even if he has one year left.But if his performances are more or less on same scale as the youngsters its better to go with youngsters as they have more time to improve and establishment.
Who is sucking in IPL? He is being asked to bat way down the order by KP and yet everyone is impressed by him. Highest run scorer in Ranji at and avg. of 85+. Seriously' date=' do you follow anything at all?[/quote'] exactly lol
Yuvraj has done well in grand total of 3 innings in whole IPL.2 of them on Bangalore patta.Thats hardly a phenomenal performance Harbhajan has 8 wickets in 10 matches @ 30.again not a phenomenal performance by any stretch of imagination.Guys like Chahal,Tambe has comfortably bettered him
Look at Harbhajans economy rate. One word phenomenal.
if the player is doing consistently well outdoing others' date='then he can be included even if he has one year left.But if his performances are more or less on same scale as the youngsters its better to go with youngsters as they have more time to improve and establishment.[/quote'] No problem with this statement.
Who is sucking in IPL? He is being asked to bat way down the order by KP and yet everyone is impressed by him. Highest run scorer in Ranji at and avg. of 85+. Seriously' date=' do you follow anything at all?[/quote'] Has he done better than any of the batsman I have listed?
He is the best competitor out there. he can fight and name of One day and 20/20 is containment and he has outperformed all Indian spinners. Why this hate?
in T20s containment can work to an extent,but in ODIs it surely won't.Infact that was the reason he was dropped in any case.He was always economical but couldnt take enough wickets. He hasnt outperformed all spinners lol.you cant just look at economy.In terms of wickets Tambe,Chahal,Jadeja and even Chawla has done better in the limited opportunties he got.
in T20s containment can work to an extent,but in ODIs it surely won't.Infact that was the reason he was dropped in any case.He was always economical but couldnt take enough wickets. He hasnt outperformed all spinners lol.you cant just look at economy.In terms of wickets Tambe,Chahal,Jadeja and even Chawla has done better in the limited opportunties he got.
Maybe batsman were not taking too many chances against him. Would you rather have 8 outs or a subpar score form opposition. I will go for low score any time all the time. I just checked the economy rate and @ 6.23 he is better than all you listed.