2014 Cabinet Formation

Sachin=GOD

Again?
In celebration of Modi becoming PM.
Lets us see whether they can be inducted in soem way as advisors..end of day ministries are not only the main important stuff.
Shourie and E. Sreedharan will surely be involved in some way - maybe in Planning commission or Chairman of some other Independent Commissions.

Yes. If he can develop Varanasi as cultural Hindu heritage which it is' date=' I ll be indebted to him. It is important for India's identity. I don't mean it in communal sense.[/quote'] Agreed. First priority should be clean up the entire city - it is currently filthy.

Yes that and other choices. I wouldn't want have selected senior members of BJP. I would definitely not have given top 4 ministries for her with the approach she has shown. But I can see that Modi wants to do some appeasement politics. I think this is golden opportunity for getting in people like Sreedharan and Shourie. These are great minds that will transform India.
Obviously Modi may not have wanted Sushma in top 4 but as I said earlier, they don't have that many capable leaders who can take up such an important portfolio. And you will be surprised in how she does - I am quite sure of that.

Shourie and E. Sreedharan will surely be involved in some way - maybe in Planning commission or Chairman of some other Independent Commissions.
Thats best for them..they will not under pressure to satisfy their core voter group or for party.

If you have a man who was already an army general before as defense minister it might lead to a change in the balance of power that exists between the military(which includes the air force and navy not always on good terms with the army) and the defense ministry. Until now it was always an outsider dealing with the military and not a former insider. It might be a good move to have vk singh as defense minister, i don't know, but just pointing out it will not be the same as before if he ends up as defense minister.

If you have a man who was already an army general before as defense minister it might lead to a change in the balance of power that exists between the military(which includes the air force and navy not always on good terms with the army) and the defense ministry. Until now it was always an outsider dealing with the military and not a former insider. It might be a good move to have vk singh as defense minister' date=' i don't know, but just pointing out it will not be the same as before if he ends up as defense minister.[/quote'] Actually a very good point. A minister is supposed to be independent. Vksingh with all due respect to him, will find it hard to remain independent given his long association with the army.

If you have a man who was already an army general before as defense minister it might lead to a change in the balance of power that exists between the military(which includes the air force and navy not always on good terms with the army) and the defense ministry. Until now it was always an outsider dealing with the military and not a former insider. It might be a good move to have vk singh as defense minister' date=' i don't know, but just pointing out it will not be the same as before if he ends up as defense minister.[/quote'] Excellent point that.

Why was railways kept separate? Clearly' date=' too much lobbying has gone on. Hopefully, Namo has his "eye" on all the critical ministries.[/quote'] Railway is too big to combine with other surface transports

Why were these particular ministries combined? defense and finance' date=' env and i&B, power and coal ?[/quote'] Defense and Finance are NOT combined. Jaitley is Finance minister and has got additional charge of Defense - in the bext cabinet expansion in 4-5 weeks they will certainly get a full term defense min. Same with Environment & IB - I think Prakash Javadekar will hold IB while Environment may go to someone else later. There is definitely a linkage between Power and Coal so its a good combination.