****Maharashtra Assembly Elections 2014 Thread***

G_B_

I hope its a BJP-NCP alliance.Sena is a poisonous ally and BJP going away from them will only help BJP in future.
wont rule anything out however ncp and bjp being allies seem to be the most far fetched option. The truth is that the likes of Raju shetti in the BJP alliance are directly pitted again the NCP its going to the BJP v NCP in western maharashtra.

I would not be too sure on the NCP gaining in the split. The three lesser allies who have gone with the BJP are all based in the western maharashtra stronghold around the pune baramati of the NCP. Thats a big missile headed towards the NCP. If anything the BJP have set themselves up to bank on viderbha and extract major gains in ncp lands. If you notice the RPI of Ramdas Athavle has levitated towards the sena. Why? cause Ramdas Athavle knows that the BJP are weak in mumbai.

I think this split also probably signals a victory for the BJP viderbha faction. They wanted a separate state and they are going to campaign on that. The shiv sena in alliance would never have allowed that. Expect Maharashtra to be split....

Well, I thought power unites all. SS/BJP together were surely going to win this election but yet they called it quits. I guess the greed got too much. You cannot be adamant on 151 seats and not care about other parties in alliance. If SS does not get 1st/2nd in this elections, they could just break up. Uddhav aren't that influential. So clearly, Uddhav seems very confident that SS will do even without BJP. NCP is the biggest gainer of all 4 parties. And can't even rule out a SS-NCP post alliance.

should be something like 110 BJP 55 SS 65 NCP rest Cong+Others.
if the BJP get 110 then the NCP cannot get 65. 110 implies the BJP have made big gains in western maharashtra with the likes of raju shetti. If the NCP gets 65 then the BJP will end up with 85 The thing is the likes of Raju Shetti, Vinayak Mete and Jankar have added close to 5-6% to the BJP tally in western maharashtra. While if the RPI ally with the sena then Ramdas Athawle has added 5-6% in the mumbai region for the shiv sena.

There is still the NAMO factor. If Modi has time to campaign and do rallies in MH' date=' BJP situation will improve substantially.[/quote'] look, i think it will be an under performance if the BJP dont emerge as the largest party. They might even win the state outright. The very fact that have added three lesser allies tells me that the BJP feel they can flip one of their weakest regions. Its a bit too late in the game but had the alliances broken up a bit earlier the BJP would aim to go with the MNS to gain an edge over the sena in nashik regions etc. The BJP are the weakest in mumbai and konkan. They are the strongest in Viderbha and Marathwada. Western Maharashtra will determine how they finish and they have 3 allies there.

There is still the NAMO factor. If Modi has time to campaign and do rallies in MH' date=' BJP situation will improve substantially.[/quote'] Yep. That's the trump card. Lets see how they use him. From twitter rumors earlier 25 rallies were planned now 36 in 34 districts.