****Maharashtra Assembly Elections 2014 Thread***

G_B_

Maharashtra polls 2014: Congress to contest 165 seats, NCP 123 seats

MUMBAI: Congress will part with nine extra seats to NCP for the Maharashtra assembly polls, top leaders told ET. Congress would contest 165 seats and NCP 123 seats, according to an agreement reached between top leaders of both parties. "Sonia Gandhi's political secretary Ahmed Patel and NCP leader Praful Patel would sit through the final round of discussion and announce the formula for Maharashtra assembly polls very soon," a top state leader of the NCP told ET. "We decided at a meeting held by Sharad Pawar on Monday that only two top leaders should now meet to finalise the list. The process is likely to be completed before the weekend," he added. In 2009, Congress had contested 174 seats, while NCP fielded candidates in 114 constituencies out of a total 288. NCP wanted 144 seats this time, but Congress rejected the demand, following which there were four rounds of talks with NCP leaders to reach a mutually agreeable pact. "Thought there has been some disagreement over seat sharing, it is certain that we will finally reach a seat-sharing pact. There was a demand from activists and party workers in most places that we should get 50% seats, which we put forth. We might be close to reaching an agreement now," Maharashtra's Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar said. NCP feels that it still retains foothold in western Maharashtra and wants to get as many seats from the region. There are some disagreements over many seats in Konkan, where NCP has recently made inroads but Congress insists on more seats. "Out of the nine seats that Congress would offer NCP from its quota, eight seats are where independents candidates have won in 2009 assembly polls," said an officebearer of the Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee.
Read more at: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/42381098.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst Its a fair split. One think about the congress and ncp is they have been out of the blocks quicker than the mahayuti.

ABP News-Nielsen Opinion Poll: NDA to win around 200 seats in Maharashtra, Modi wave continues sarkar.jpg

The opinion poll was conducted by ABP News and Nielsen between 24th August, 2014 - 3rd September, 2014. Sampling size achieved was 12,973 respondents in 72 assembly constituencies.

only trust todays chanakya
obviously will wait for their survey and opinion polls. But i think the general trend is visible in the polls a month to the polls. That is of the mahayuti win. Now obviously i am sure Modi and Shah will campgaign in maharashtra close to polling time as will the gandhis. Which can tilt a few % side.

I dont think he ever was. Look of the 3 Tawde Khdase and Phadnavis . Phadnavis is the most capable in terms of organisation and administration. However he is of the wrong caste and he is a bit too junior. Phadnavis is also the protege of the Gadkari. Push him for CM and the Munde faction which is rallying under his daughter Punkaja will also be pissed. There is also the case of Uddhav Thakarey not trusting Gadkari for his stance on Viderabha. He is not going to let Phadnavis become CM for fear of Gadkari ruling via a proxy. Never say never in politics and Amit shah has proven that in UP, but it will be a bit of a power play for Shah to give him the CM seat. Like it or not Uddhav Thakarey does have the ear of Modi as the sena have always backed Modi even during the period after the riots. He can bypass Shah and directly meet modi. Amit shah has done the right thing in making him campaign head though. Obviously with Munde around the BJP would not need Shah as they would have a man who knew the ins and outs and could keep the party in line as well as stand tall if not taller than Uddhav Thakarey. I am sure even the Sena would accept Munde as CM. But post Munde, its best to have the most capable person in charge of the winning the election. Post the victory they can make a call. If the BJP does finish second to the sena then Amit shah IMO has dodged a bullet. Would need to make some tough calls but if the call needs to be made then IMO Khadse is favorite at the moment. Sena will probably get deputy CM, and a industries and revenue. While Home will probably goto Twade with Phadvanis taking charge of party machinery on a full time basis.
Interesting. Sometimes, I feel caste gets over-rated in the choice of the CM posts. For example, when Modi was selected as CM of Gujarat in 2001, there was a perception that the Patels would be upset and BJP will lose their vote. But alas, that didn't happen.

Pankaja Munde has said that she won't contest Lok Sabha election from beed as she wants to work for the whole of Maharashtra. I guess that a euphemism for "I want to be a Minister in the next Maharashtra Govt".
Spot on. Wonder if BJP or SS have the talent to bring about the changes needed to be done.

in any case she can easily be accommodated. Irrigation or agriculture minister awaits if the mahayuti comes to power. One of her sisters will contest the lok sabha. No harm done. She is correct in the fact that maharashtra needs women ministers