Roland Garros 2014 - Rafa and Maria are the champs!

bones

Federer was the only one on that period to make 5-6 gs qf or better on the trot ( he made like 24 in a row ?) Now, you have djokovic, murray, ferrer etc stringing together 5-6 gs qfs in a row. That indicates that the depth is lacking, making it like womens tennis pre 2000s: 4/5 ppl making the qf every single time. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
The other way of looking at it is that barring Federer, no one else was consistent in that era.

Federer was the only one on that period to make 5-6 gs qf or better on the trot ( he made like 24 in a row ?) Now, you have djokovic, murray, ferrer etc stringing together 5-6 gs qfs in a row. That indicates that the depth is lacking, making it like womens tennis pre 2000s: 4/5 ppl making the qf every single time. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
Seriously, once again I am realizing my mistake of getting into an argument with you on ICF which you simply use as typing practice. Almost everybody in Tennis world, Federer Fan, Rafa Fan, Djokovic Fan, Sampras Fan, Muloghonto Fan acknowledge that what for last few years we have been witnessing is golden era of men tennis. There are so many statements, articles of that intent and here you come declaring that currently depth of men tennis is very poor. :hail: You can go to any level of absurdity just to support your one wrong stand on argument. This goes right in the category of statement like Chang and Nadal are almost at same level.

Seriously, once again I am realizing my mistake of getting into an argument with you on ICF which you simply use as typing practice. Almost everybody in Tennis world, Federer Fan, Rafa Fan, Djokovic Fan, Sampras Fan, Muloghonto Fan acknowledge that what we have been witnessing is golden era of men tennis. There are so many statements, articles of that intent and here you come declaring that currently depth of men tennis is very poor. :hail: You can go to any level of absurdity just to support your one wrong stand on argument. This goes right in the category of statement like Chang and Nadal are almost at same level.
:hysterical::hysterical:

You can go to any level of absurdity just to support your one wrong stand on argument. This goes right in the category of statement like Chang and Nadal are almost at same level.
Just wait for other absurdities to come. Apparently the whole universe is conspiring against Federer and helping Nadal giving him "unfair" advantages. It's a combination of all those advantages that have made Nadal what he is now, otherwise he is just left handed Michael Chang with more (15% on most days) power. :cantstop: Anyways talking about excuses, here is an article from the guardian talking about slow courts at Wimbledon in 2002. According to excuse seekers Wimbledon slowed down from 2008. :giggle: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2002/jul/14/tennis.jonhenderson

Just wait for other absurdities to come. Apparently the whole universe is conspiring against Federer and helping Nadal giving him "unfair" advantages. It's a combination of all those advantages that have made Nadal what he is now, otherwise he is just left handed Michael Chang with more (15% on most days) power. :cantstop: Anyways talking about excuses, here is an article from the guardian talking about slow courts at Wimbledon in 2002. According to excuse seekers Wimbledon slowed down from 2008. :giggle: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2002/jul/14/tennis.jonhenderson
Intellect or honesty is clearly not your strong point. We've been through this b4. The grass at wimbledon got changed in early 2000s. The players are on record saying it took 3-4 seasons for the courts to slow down to the state they r at now, which makes sense, as a living court (grass) will take a while to stabilize. But butthurt nadalphiles have not been known for honesty or much tennis nous. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

Nadal is a freak in terms of fitness. Never thought he will be that good after that serious injury. :hatsoff:"
He is very lance armstrongish in his fitness, I must admit. Reality is, I dont care if you are god, you dont get to take off months in a physically demanding sport and immediately return to the very top without cheating. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

Seriously, once again I am realizing my mistake of getting into an argument with you on ICF which you simply use as typing practice. Almost everybody in Tennis world, Federer Fan, Rafa Fan, Djokovic Fan, Sampras Fan, Muloghonto Fan acknowledge that what for last few years we have been witnessing is golden era of men tennis. There are so many statements, articles of that intent and here you come declaring that currently depth of men tennis is very poor. :hail: You can go to any level of absurdity just to support your one wrong stand on argument. This goes right in the category of statement like Chang and Nadal are almost at same level.
Its been a golden era for tennis because slower hard and grass courts and french open playing faster due to the balls have made a lot of ppl competetive across all slams. And the fact that 5 of the top six are all within 2 yrs of each other in age. That hasnt happened b4, almost always top six have been 2-3 older guys on their way down and 2-3 yoingsters on their wau up. But facts prove that this is a far easier era for the top 10 to make qfs in slams than ever b4. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

He is very lance armstrongish in his fitness, I must admit. Reality is, I dont care if you are god, you dont get to take off months in a physically demanding sport and immediately return to the very top without cheating. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
And you talk about intellectual honesty. If nothing works then start baseless allegations. Get a colonoscopy to check your butthurt Fedtard :hysterical:

Intellect or honesty is clearly not your strong point. We've been through this b4. The grass at wimbledon got changed in early 2000s. The players are on record saying it took 3-4 seasons for the courts to slow down to the state they r at now, which makes sense, as a living court (grass) will take a while to stabilize. But butthurt nadalphiles have not been known for honesty or much tennis nous. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
As usual you are displaying your stupidity- your strongest suit. The article is from 2002 and the slowness was evident even then--the main reason the author wrote it. Many players were complaining even then. Both finalists were baseliners and from the following year everyone including your God JesusFed also started playing from the baseline. It did not take 3-4 years Fedtard. The living grass is relaid each year freshly, it does not continue from the previous season. There is no stabilization of anything. img_0864.jpg

The other way of looking at it is that barring Federer' date=' no one else was consistent in that era.[/quote'] See, I'd buy that if it were players of Novak's capabilities who were also consistent GS QF/SF guys ( Rafa would be too if he wasnt injured enough to break those streaks) to qualify for like 5-7 GS QFs in a row. But no, we have guys like Ferrer, Murray etc. who are also consistent QF+ guys. That has never happened before in the open era after the early 70s. IE, for like almost 40 years, its not the case. Nobody- and i mean, nobody, including Borg, McEnroe, Lendl, Sampras, Becker, Edberg, Agassi etc. had that kind of streaks that the likes of Murray and Ferrer are putting together. That can only lead to one conclusion- that the top 30-100 players are piss poor and cannot beat the top guys except once in a blue moon.

And you talk about intellectual honesty. If nothing works then start baseless allegations. Get a colonoscopy to check your butthurt Fedtard :hysterical:
I thought you were done responding to me ? Kindly do not use words that are too big for you, kiddo. People thought that those were baseless allegations against Armstrong too. But then again, those of us who are not kids (ie, not you), realize that you dont get to come back as #1 when you are out due to fitness issue inside of 4-5 months without cheating. You come back like Murray, DelPo, etc- where you are way,way off for the first few months and only a year or two later you get back to full gear. Those who cheat, obviously get such stupendous feats as comming back 100% fit inside of a few months. Nadal is a dope cheat and thats an open secret.
As usual you are displaying your stupidity- your strongest suit. The article is from 2002 and the slowness was evident even then--the main reason the author wrote it. Many players were complaining even then. Both finalists were baseliners and from the following year everyone including your God JesusFed also started playing from the baseline. It did not take 3-4 years Fedtard. The living grass is relaid each year freshly, it does not continue from the previous season.
The soil compaction that comes from a permanent grass cover ( as opposed to soil leeching that occurs when running around a grassless surface) is what takes a few years to set in. But i dont expect Rafaturds who are kids barely out of their nappies to know these finer points. The players obviously noticed it slowing down a bit immeidately after. But the players also said that it wasnt until 2005-2006 when the courts at wimbledon got noticably slower, the process of slowing down lasted a few years due to the fact that the soil takes a while to compress.

I thought you were done responding to me ? Nadal is a dope cheat and thats an open secret.
Actually I am. I leave you to your sufferings. So don't seek my attention by quoting me again like you did today. Nadal is not done winning yet, so keep suffering. If I knew any relative of yours I would ask them to put you on proper watch the day Nadal equals 17. Besides there is no point trying to argue with morons like you, that sentence above is a proof of that. That statement alone renders all your arguments useless. You are just a middle aged butthurt fanboy who can't recover from the scars Nadal has caused on you by beating your idol over and over again.

Nadal is a freak in terms of fitness. Never thought he will be that good after that serious injury. :hatsoff:"
He came back to the tour fully prepared. He could have played the Australian open in 2013 but delayed his return to start on small clay tournaments and build up from there. He played 3-4 small clay tournaments and even lost to a nobody like Zebballos on clay. Once he started winning on clay he gained confidence and got his game back. It is a great come back story but well planned.

Actually I am. I leave you to your sufferings. So don't seek my attention by quoting me again like you did today.
You think too much of yourself. I dont quote you to have a discussion with you. I quote a poster's ideas and share mine in relation with the post, with rest of the board. In short, its not all about you, son. You said you are done- then man up and be done or man up and fess up to saying crap you dont mean. Stop making it about me, its something YOU said, nobody is stopping YOU from ignoring me (like you said you would!), regardless of what I do. In short, grow the feck up.
Nadal is not done winning yet, so keep suffering. If I knew any relative of yours I would ask them to put you on proper watch the day Nadal equals 17.
LOL, thats assuming now that Federer is done now, isn't it, Rafaturd ? Namecalling kids like you are so easy to expose now, isn't it ?
Besides there is no point trying to argue with morons like you, that sentence above is a proof of that. That statement alone renders all your arguments useless. You are just a middle aged butthurt fanboy who can't recover from the scars Nadal has caused on you by beating your idol over and over again.
You do not know middle age, so don't lecture me on what I am or am not. We are too old and jaded to be scarred or care as much you tweens do about two strangers going about their business that I just enjoy watching. We are opinionated because we tend to draw from a much greater inventory of knowledge, while less anxious to prove ourselves to the galaxy. We are not right all the time but we tend to be more reasoned in our approach. Its called getting older. Now feck off and don't presume to tell your elders what they are like- they've been at it longer. If anything, we'd rather hear it from our peers than kids without a clue. Kapische ?

He came back to the tour fully prepared. He could have played the Australian open in 2013 but delayed his return to start on small clay tournaments and build up from there. He played 3-4 small clay tournaments and even lost to a nobody like Zebballos on clay. Once he started winning on clay he gained confidence and got his game back. It is a great come back story but well planned.
Nadal isnt the first to 'plan' his return- ie, skip a GS or two which 'they could've played' to target a return. Plenty of players gave the useless clay a skip to return to the hardcourt & grass seasons back in the day. And plenty of them lost to nobodies too along the way due to competetive rust. But nobody just came back from a break and had exponential sucess rate, even vs the best, without a hitch. Almost all tennis comebacks due to fitness issues are similar: there is some rust in the game, then, even though the movements get better with time, there are some rusts in the body too that prevents top tier success. Then a season or so later (if in their physical primes), they get fully back in stride. Those who just show only competetive rust and very little physical rust are simply, dopers for the most part. Lance Armstrong had the same thing- for a while it was a great inspirational story of the man who conquered cancer, had vertical performance growth rate due to sheer determination, amazing physical specimen,yadda yadda. We all know how that pans out. Rafa has been treading on the same territorry for a while now.

Seriously one has to be an absolute Tier I moron to suggest that you can get to #1 in tennis by doping. Tennis is primarily a skill based sport, doping can't teach you racquet skills. Anyone who has played tennis even a couple of days know how difficult it is to control the ball and land it inside the tramlines. Nadal has always been a superior athlete from the age of 13-14. Nadal's uncle Miguel Angel played for Barcelona and Spain and was known as "the beast" for his superior physical abilities. He is just blessed with good genes and extremely good work ethics. Even then he looked completely tuckered out towards the end of the last match. Without any evidence, not even circumstantial claiming that "Nadal is a dope cheat" is puerile and gives you an idea of the lack of maturity of some people. Talking about work ethics this is Nadal after the day he won French open. That's how you become so fit and successful -- 10411893_10152277733911026_2494212554012043026_n.jpg

Nadal isnt the first to 'plan' his return- ie, skip a GS or two which 'they could've played' to target a return. Plenty of players gave the useless clay a skip to return to the hardcourt & grass seasons back in the day. And plenty of them lost to nobodies too along the way due to competetive rust. But nobody just came back from a break and had exponential sucess rate, even vs the best, without a hitch. Almost all tennis comebacks due to fitness issues are similar: there is some rust in the game, then, even though the movements get better with time, there are some rusts in the body too that prevents top tier success. Then a season or so later (if in their physical primes), they get fully back in stride. Those who just show only competetive rust and very little physical rust are simply, dopers for the most part. Lance Armstrong had the same thing- for a while it was a great inspirational story of the man who conquered cancer, had vertical performance growth rate due to sheer determination, amazing physical specimen,yadda yadda. We all know how that pans out. Rafa has been treading on the same territorry for a while now.
Stop begging for my attention. That was for someone else. Shoo!

Seriously one has to be an absolute Tier I moron to suggest that you can get to #1 in tennis by doping. Tennis is primarily a skill based sport, doping can't teach you racquet skills. Anyone who has played tennis even a couple of days know how difficult it is to control the ball and land it inside the tramlines.
Kiddo, stop making strawman arguments. nobody said rafa nadal is a world #1 because of doping. People are saying that Rafa Nadal has REMAINED world #1 and relevant to tennis due to doping. Ie, he got there due to his skills and brutal game that many predicted would break his body. That came to be, he broke his body. Then his 'amazing recovery' is what kept him in the ATG hunt- which is what he accomplished by doping IMO. Get your allegations right, sonny.
Nadal has always been a superior athlete from the age of 13-14. Nadal's uncle Miguel Angel played for Barcelona and Spain and was known as "the beast" for his superior physical abilities. He is just blessed with good genes. Even then he looked completely tuckered out towards the end of the last match. Without any evidence, not even circumstantial claiming that "Nadal is a dope cheat" is puerile and gives you an idea of the lack of maturity of some people.
Purile to the fans of the dope cheats maybe. But to most people, coming back to physical best in a very demanding physical sport after a serious injury in lightning quick span, with amazing performance against the best in the business, is always shady. Such rumours have swirled around such amazing physical specimens because they are, as history proves it, odds-on, dope cheats. The ones who are not the dope cheats, simply have to accept that it is part of the territorry of being such amazing physical freaks.