Modi Sarkar Social Issues Tracker Thread (Ache din aane wale hain)

cндябеяs

Young kids need to be motivated. None better than Modi himself to do that. Imagine if you were a 10 year old and your PM exhorting you to take up the cudgel for your country's future in stead of just passing school, getting a degree and running after a profitable job outside your country. I dunno about you but I'd be pretty motivated. That being said, if his speech contains propaganda material then that'd be highly deplorable. I don't think he'd do that though.
There's no need to watch the speech live and ask the students to watch it at that moment. You can record it, put it up on Youtube and play it like a bhajan for the next 365 years to operate. The PM (or anyone) has no right to disturb the normal school working hours. It is "Teachers Day", not "PMs" day.

PM’s live Teacher's Day address a must view for all schools http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/allaboutmodisarkar/pm-s-speech-a-must-view-for-all-schools/article1-1258040.aspx WTF Forcing children to listen to The Dear leader's speech. I guess next up would be the number of times each student is expected to clap during the speech.
Rule of Modi is never supposed to be rule of free choice. Modi will decide for every one what is good for them and what is not. Teachers and Parents are not wise enough to take right decisions. Modi Sarkar will decide.

Rule of Modi is never supposed to be rule of free choice. Modi will decide for every one what is good for them and what is not. Teachers and Parents are not wise enough to take right decisions. Modi Sarkar will decide.
Oh, let's make a rule of free choice in schools then. Students can come in and go out of the school anytime they want. Even exams can be made optional.

There's no need to watch the speech live and ask the students to watch it at that moment. You can record it' date= put it up on Youtube and play it like a bhajan for the next 365 years to operate. The PM (or anyone) has no right to disturb the normal school working hours. It is "Teachers Day", not "PMs" day.
Attendance is not mandatory for students. Only schools need to make arrangements for students who wish to watch the PM speech.

Attendance is not mandatory for students.

:hysterical::hysterical:. Hillarious tell me what all things have changed in your life after Modi Sarkar has come, has he decided when should you go to toilet and when not. Hadd hai yaar ye to nitpicking ki, I mean if these are the news left for criticizing the PM of India, beleive me Indians have done a remarkable job of electing this person. I remember in my school days during late 1980's and early 90's, it was mandatory for all the students to come to school on Teacher's Day and all have to listen the speech of District MAgistrate and some Father Dominick, beleive me that was such a boring time. Atleast now the orator is Prime Minister of India who atleast speaks good.

Oh' date=' let's make a rule of free choice in schools then. Students can come in and go out of the school anytime they want. Even exams can be made optional.[/quote'] You cannot differentiate between a normal part of school life (like going to school or giving exams or attending classes) and having to watch a speech? Source? From what I have been reading, its compulsory.

You cannot differentiate between a normal part of school life (like going to school or giving exams or attending classes) and having to watch a speech?
Normal part of school life on teacher's day? :haha: Dood, in our school teacher's day there will be events like teacher's dancing, singling, sports, good teacher award, fav teacher award etc.. 11th std boys and girls will act as a teacher for primary sections for a single day. And of course some guests making speeches after the events. Our principal will read the teacher's day oration for 1 hr, which actually prepared before 20 yrs and the exact speech was read every year, and continue in future too. There is nothing wrong to listen to PM for a difference. tbf, there will be special guests for each event (school day, sports day, hostel day, annual day, school founder's birthday) in school and it's compulsory to sit through those noob speakers. Many time I have heard downright absurd speeches.

You cannot differentiate between a normal part of school life (like going to school or giving exams or attending classes) and having to watch a speech? Source? From what I have been reading, its compulsory.
Do you have a source from where you were "reading" that it's compulsory?

Don't want to nitpick but it's compulsory for "schools" but that doesn't means the same for students... Let's see what S!=G was reading... May be his sources gives more clarity...
Yes. Students would be free to bunk schools if they are not interested in listening to Modi. Who says they are being forced to listen to Modi.

Incredible how issue-starved people have become to rake this up. UNBELIEVABLE! Next thing, students are forced to stand in assemblies in the morning. Then, students are forced to take class tests, why should they do classtests and waste those hours while they can use that hours for studying? Hats off to the geniuses who believe schools are just meant for kids to gain knowledge and perspective only from books alone. And special kudos to those who believe listening to the Prime Minister - the top executive of our country - the head of a billion plus people, is a waste of time.

Question to all. Suppose you are running a school and you get to know that the Chief minister of your state is passing by and would like to visit the school and address the children for a hour or so. Wouldn't you arrange for it? Or would say "hey but they need to attend their social studies class", and deny it? Not just that express displeasure that CM is unduly wasting time of children? This is exactly that situation. Instead of visiting the school, he is doing it through v-con. That's the only difference. The argument that "kids are impressionable and hence if they listen to Modi for an hour, they'll all become Modi bhakts when they grow up" is one of the most direst arguments I've head in my life. Seriously???? When I was in school, pretty much every day there were lessons on Gandhiji being taught. I don't remember anyone becoming a hard core Gandhian espousing his way of life when we got out of school. Seriously, guys, grow up and stop underestimating the intelligence of our future generation.

The article clearly has a quote saying that student participation is voluntary. The schools are however required to make the arrangements for any student wishing to participate.
I believe nothing wrong in making it compulsory as well. It's not some local leader addressing them for political purposes, but the prime minister of the country who wants to connect with each citizen of the country. Disgusting that we see bloody electioneering in everything.

The article clearly has a quote saying that student participation is voluntary. The schools are however required to make the arrangements for any student wishing to participate.
I got a copy of the original order later and I must admit that it more looks like that it isn't mandatory than being mandatory.