Modi Sarkar Social Issues Tracker Thread (Ache din aane wale hain)

cндябеяs

Again' date= that was only in the world of Modi Bhakts were a person becomes famous/infamous because of his/her views on Modi. But then again, its wrong to expect fans of Dina Nath Batra to know about or to consider someone like UR Ananthmurthy as a good writer. As for the "good person", I can't say anything on that since I didn't know him personally and I certainly won't call anyone a good/bad person just because they don't like a political leader.
so ur saying that a vast majority of the people who know ananthamurthy now also knew him before his comments on modi. get real

Again, that was only in the world of Modi Bhakts were a person becomes famous/infamous because of his/her views on Modi. But then again, its wrong to expect fans of Dina Nath Batra to know about or to consider someone like UR Ananthmurthy as a good writer. As for the "good person", I can't say anything on that since I didn't know him personally and I certainly won't call anyone a good/bad person just because they don't like a political leader.
Obviously, you fail to comprehend anything whenever it involves Modi. UR certainly got the mileage through his threat against Modi. His own professional work could be commendable but that doesn't the fact away that that comments about Modi is a good marketing ploy. To be fair, I don't care about his professional work. My whole point was why whenever anybody bashes Modi, suddenly he/she becomes absolves of any previous crimes or controversies. I talked about Lalu example. Today, with Lalu being a vocal bashing of Modi, we now have JDU, and liberals defending him big time. Like, telling us each day, how we must forget the past and unite to defeat Modi. So, now Lalu has become a noble figure. Surely, that's some hypocrisy.

I wouldn't advise other people to go and read someone if I have not done so' date=' and try to take a higher pedestal.[/quote'] Answer my two questions.. 1. Are you aware of Tagore's stature in Bengali literature? 2. Have you read any of Tagore's original work? Just give answer in Yes and No. Don't try to obfuscate the matter.

Obviously, you fail to comprehend anything whenever it involves Modi. UR certainly got the mileage through his threat against Modi. His own professional work could be commendable but that doesn't the fact away that that comments about Modi is a good marketing ploy. To be fair, I don't care about his professional work. My whole point was why whenever anybody bashes Modi, suddenly he/she becomes absolves of any previous crimes or controversies. I talked about Lalu example. Today, with Lalu being a vocal bashing of Modi, we now have JDU, and liberals defending him big time. Like, telling us each day, how we must forget the past and unite to defeat Modi. So, now Lalu has become a noble figure. Surely, that's some hypocrisy.
No. Lalu hasn't become noble figure. But there are graver dangers which is being posed in front of the country in form of divisive forces. There is greater need to stop these forces and any alliance which can potentially stop these forces should be supported.

Again, that was only in the world of Modi Bhakts were a person becomes famous/infamous because of his/her views on Modi. But then again, its wrong to expect fans of Dina Nath Batra to know about or to consider someone like UR Ananthmurthy as a good writer. As for the "good person", I can't say anything on that since I didn't know him personally and I certainly won't call anyone a good/bad person just because they don't like a political leader.
he wasnt that well known outside Karnataka & kerala..

Obviously' date=' you fail to comprehend anything whenever it involves Modi. UR certainly got the mileage through his threat against Modi.[b'] His own professional work could be commendable but that doesn't the fact away that that comments about Modi is a good marketing ploy. To be fair, I don't care about his professional work. My whole point was why whenever anybody bashes Modi, suddenly he/she becomes absolves of any previous crimes or controversies. I talked about Lalu example. Today, with Lalu being a vocal bashing of Modi, we now have JDU, and liberals defending him big time. Like, telling us each day, how we must forget the past and unite to defeat Modi. So, now Lalu has become a noble figure. Surely, that's some hypocrisy.
Marketing ploy for what? The problem with Modi Bhakts is that they cannot accept the fact that someone can oppose Modi simply bco he/she thinks that Modi would be bad for the country - they always have to find some kind of reason whereby the person criticizing Modi could be shown to have gotten some mileage out of it. But in this case Ananthmurthy was 81 years old and had no books coming up for which he needed pblicity. He also wasn't vying for any post in case of a Cong Govt. So tell me, how exactly would his crticism of Modi be a marketing ploy? Nobody, least of all JDU, sees Lalu as a noble figure.

It seems as a kid URA wanted to prove that a stone under some tree in his village was not haunted' date= to prove that he would not be haunted if he harmed the stone he urinated on it. Bhakts have somehow turned a kid urinating on a supposedly haunted stone into "Young URA urinated on a hindu idol to prove that it was not sacred". But looking at some other threads in this forum it is not a surprise. I hope they continue this stupidity for some more time, at least karnataka will be free of them.
It was a sacred site for the villagers. Only a pervert would urinate on a sacred site. This is what he had said:

If Ananthamurthy was sincere about his criticism of Modi and hated him so much, he would not have made the U-turn on his threat of leaving the country if Modi becomes PM. He was acting as an attention-whoare, and was a coward and a hypocrite to boot.

If Ananthamurthy was sincere about his criticism of Modi and hated him so much, he would not have made the U-turn on his threat of leaving the country if Modi becomes PM. He was acting as an attention-whoare, and was a coward and a hypocrite to boot.
Keep posting on ICF - your posts are a reminder of how not to post or not to talk in general in life.

On top of it, the kar gov declared 3 days of mourning & holiday for schools/colleges/govt offices.. Would a rationalist , if URA was one, like this posthumous pomp? ps: Unfortunately not a word on BKS Iyengar's death from the state govt who hailed from the same state

It seems as a kid URA wanted to prove that a stone under some tree in his village was not haunted' date=' to prove that he would not be haunted if he harmed the stone he urinated on it. Bhakts have somehow turned a kid urinating on a supposedly haunted stone into "Young URA urinated on a hindu idol to prove that it was not sacred". But looking at some other threads in this forum it is not a surprise. I hope they continue this stupidity for some more time, at least karnataka will be free of them.[/quote'] I can fully understand what he would have done. In villages and uneducated areas boundary between religion and superstitions become very thin. people start worshipping some Peepal tree and keep taking sicks to that tree instead of taking them to doctors. There is nothing religious or sacred about these places. Just plain superstitions. In my village people suffering from mental diseaeses would be taken to 2-3 temples or baba's near by and sufferers would keep suffering. Whatever efforts are required to kill such superstitions must be made. Religious fanatics would have vested interests in keeping these people hooked onto these superstitions. URA must be lauded what he did to make people come out of these false beliefs.

On top of it, the kar gov declared 3 days of mourning & holiday for schools/colleges/govt offices.. Would a rationalist , if URA was one, like this posthumous pomp? ps: Unfortunately not a word on BKS Iyengar's death from the state govt
BKS Iyenger was in Pune Maharashtra for last 30-40 years. He is hardly associated with anything Kannada.

BKS Iyenger was in Pune Maharashtra for last 30-40 years. He is hardly associated with anything Kannada.
Fine...I said not a word on his death by the state govt even though he spent 50 years of his life there ..what a contrast with URA's death

Keep posting on ICF - your posts are a reminder to speak the harsh truths, no matter what

Keep posting on ICF - your posts are a reminder of how not to post or not to talk in general in life.
Obviously my style won't appeal to those like you who support cowards, hypocrites and attention-whoares like urinator on-the-murthy.

Marketing ploy for what? The problem with Modi Bhakts is that they cannot accept the fact that someone can oppose Modi simply bco he/she thinks that Modi would be bad for the country - they always have to find some kind of reason whereby the person criticizing Modi could be shown to have gotten some mileage out of it. But in this case Ananthmurthy was 81 years old and had no books coming up for which he needed pblicity. He also wasn't vying for any post in case of a Cong Govt. So tell me, how exactly would his crticism of Modi be a marketing ploy? Nobody, least of all JDU, sees Lalu as a noble figure.
Why is it you seem to lose your sense whenever the topic involves Modi? There is a big difference between raising your opinion and doing publicity stunts to gain attention. Sure, every citizen has the right to raise his/her opinion about a person. I don't have a problem with UR just criticizing Modi. But him making threats is completely undone, and then doing a U-turn on his threat after the verdict, shows the hypocrisy. He had his controversies and bashing Modi, doesn't absolve him from those anti-Hindu actions. It's actually good that you have talked about accepting opinions. Surely, you remember Lata Mangeshkar and her backing for Modi last year. It caused an angry reaction from various political parties and liberals. Why weren't many able to digest and accept her own opinion then? So anybody can criticize Modi but praising him is not possible. If anyone can criticize Modi, surely anyone can praise Modi as well. But unfortunately, as seen in the election campaign, everybody who openly praised Modi were quickly oppressed and ridiculed. It works both ways, but many just wanted complusive Modi bashing. And about Lalu, we now have once arch rivals, JDU members hilariously talking on TV debates on how Lalu has done great things for Bihar and together they will defeat Modi. So with Modi bashing, anybody can become a nice and noble person for liberals and the secular gang.

No. Lalu hasn't become noble figure. But there are graver dangers which is being posed in front of the country in form of divisive forces. There is greater need to stop these forces and any alliance which can potentially stop these forces should be supported.
Seems like AAPians haven't learned anything. In LS 2014, the public rejected such idea and all parties connected Congress. Your AAP party which cheated the public by taking support from the corrupt Congress party, ultimately paid a heavy price for it. So your own party had forgotten about the corruption and were greedy for power. Just because you like to label yourself as secular doesn't make you one, also your own vote-bank and divisive agenda aren't hidden from the public. The public stopped you this LS election and will again stop you future elections as well. The secular fooling game is no longer gonna work in India.