Modi sarkar economic reforms/governance performance thread

FischerTal

Not all us want a single langauge imposed for the entire country. A single language may emerge some time in the future naturally if Indian people move around the country and are allowed to live peacefully in different states and learn the local language. You move to south india, learn to speak our languages, we will move to your states some time in the future and we will learn your languages and whatever emerges out of this intermingling will the langauge of india in 50 or 60 years. But if you want everybody by hook or crook to learn your langauge and allow our langauge to die out. That is not acceptable. Where is our contribution to the single langauge that all indians will speak in the far of future if you impose a single language hindi on all of us?This is not communist china or pakistan. We are a diverse set of people, our desire to stay together is what binds as a nation. You try to mess with that in order to convert us into your imaginary super race of germans or english who speak a single language, follow the same religion and worship the same god, the nation will fall apart.
How about Urdu as the common language for the entire country ?

I havent heard of any school having sankskrit from Standard 1. Most of them have Sanskrit from secondary school or standard 8.
You need to go to a RSS run school. They force Sanskrit down the throat of poor kids from Pre-Class 1 (which they call Shishu Pritham and Shishu Dwitiya) when they don't even understand meaning of language. Other then part of regular curriculum they force kids to recite Sanskrit shlokas almost for an hour on regular basis.

You need to go to a RSS run school. They force Sanskrit down the throat of poor kids from Pre-Class 1 (which they call Shishu Pritham and Shishu Dwitiya) when they don't even understand meaning of language. Other then part of regular curriculum they force kids to recite Sanskrit shlokas almost for an hour on regular basis.
Learning a language is not forcing something down people's throat. Just because u didn't like it doesn't mean that others didn't like it as well.

Exactly. Only reason Sanskrit is opposed is because of it's supposed link with hindutva
Gungadeens are special (Ralph Wiggum special). I was thinking of starting a thread titled:Unravelling the Gungadeen mind but I realized, their variety will be extinct very soon anyways. So, why waste time and energy?

Learning a language is not forcing something down people's throat. Just because u didn't like it doesn't mean that others didn't like it as well.
Yeah.. making a kid of age 6 recite shlokas for an hour would be called forcing in any kind of civilization. Yeah, and 6 years old kid have capability to decide whether they like it or not. I am pretty sure what these RSS people do in India, if they do same with kids in some of the countries of westerm Europe, they'll be put inside jails.

Exactly. Only reason Sanskrit is opposed is because of it's supposed link with hindutva
The only reason Sanskit has been proposed is because of it is an emblem of Hindutva. Otherwise why would a sane person like to study a language which is not spoken by anybody in the world.

Yeah.. making a kid of age 6 recite shlokas for an hour would be called forcing in any kind of civilization. Yeah' date=' and 6 years old kid have capability to decide whether they like it or not. I am pretty sure what these RSS people do in India, if they do same with kids in some of the countries of westerm Europe, they'll be put inside jails.[/quote'] its a school and this is part of their curriculum, if u don't like it, don't send your child to these schools. you are not being forced to go there. 6 year old kids don't have capability to decide anything. parents do it for them and they have option to choose which school they want to send their child too. if u don't want your children to go there, don't send them. the fact that you are whining so much is because you don't like rss schools in the first place. PS: reciting scriptures for hours also goes on in madrases. hopefully you look at them with same disdain.

The only reason Sanskit has been proposed is because of it is an emblem of Hindutva. Otherwise why would a sane person like to study a language which is not spoken by anybody in the world.
sanskrit is part of india's national heritage, not hindutva. your psecular tinted glasses makes you look at anything that has even a remote link to hinduism with disdain

its a school and this is part of their curriculum, if u don't like it, don't send your child to these schools. you are not being forced to go there. 6 year old kids don't have capability to decide anything. parents do it for them and they have option to choose which school they want to send their child too. if u don't want your children to go there, don't send them. the fact that you are whining so much is because you don't like rss schools in the first place.
That argument is absurd. By similar yardstick you can say it's okay if school uses corporal punishment. If you don't like, don't send your kids there. If something is wrong, it is wrong and must be stopped, irrespective of the matter whether I send my kid there or you send your kid there.

Yeah.. making a kid of age 6 recite shlokas for an hour would be called forcing in any kind of civilization. Yeah' date=' and 6 years old kid have capability to decide whether they like it or not. I am pretty sure what these RSS people do in India, if they do same with kids in some of the countries of westerm Europe, they'll be put inside jails.[/quote'] Then don't go to that school. Curse your parents for putting you there and don't put your kids there. In government aided Christian run schools, they make you pray and make sign of a cross after praying from class 1. I do not find that objectionable either. But God forbid, somebody wants you to recite a Sanskrit shloka and suddenly there is hue and cry that education has beeb communalized!! Grow up.

India must be the unique country in the world, some of whose citizens disdain the language in which its national anthem and national song are written.

That argument is absurd. By similar yardstick you can say it's okay if school uses corporal punishment. If you don't like' date=' don't send your kids there. If something is wrong, it is wrong and must be stopped, irrespective of the matter whether I send my kid there or you send your kid there.[/quote'] now you are comparing learning a language with corporal punishment. absolute stupidity. if theres anything illegal happening, its the police's job to investigate and stop this. learning sanksrit is not illegal and no crime has been committed by teaching children a particular language . you don't want your children to learn it, send them to a school where they don't teach sanksrit. its a matter of choice. how you have determined learning sanksrit to be "wrong" is ludicrous

That argument is absurd. By similar yardstick you can say it's okay if school uses corporal punishment. If you don't like' date=' don't send your kids there. If something is [b']wrong, it is wrong and must be stopped, irrespective of the matter whether I send my kid there or you send your kid there.
And your highness decides this? Are the courts and Parliament of this country not enough for your highness? Corporal punishment is a criminal offense. Teaching Sanskrit is not.

Then don't go to that school. Curse your parents for putting you there and don't put your kids there. In government aided Christian run schools' date= they make you pray and make sign of a cross after praying from class 1. I do not find that objectionable either. But God forbid, somebody wants you to recite a Sanskrit shloka and suddenly there is hue and cry that education has beeb communalized!! Grow up.
its quite ironic how supposed liberals turn out to be the most illiberal people out there

now you are comparing learning a language with corporal punishment. absolute stupidity. if theres anything illegal happening, its the police's job to investigate and stop this. learning sanksrit is not illegal and no crime has been committed by teaching children a particular language . you don't want your children to learn it, send them to a school where they don't teach sanksrit. its a matter of choice. how you have determined learning sanksrit to be "wrong" is ludicrous
Learning a language means reciting of shlokas for an hour?? I distinctly recall they would start with first set of Shloksa knowns as Prata Smaran, then another set Ekatmata Strotam, then Ekta Mantra. Then Saraswati Vandana (in Sanskrit) followed by one in Hindi. Then Gayatri Mantra. Then some jap, then some meditation, then OM chanting then Shanti Mantra. Then during recess Bhojan Mantra. This is learning of language. Are you kidding? It's all just atrocious. Just wonder why something like CRY doesn't go after these schools for such harassment.

Learning a language means reciting of shlokas for an hour?? I distinctly recall they would start with first set of Shloksa knowns as Prata Smaran, then another set Ekatmata Strotam, then Ekta Mantra. Then Saraswati Vandana (in Sanskrit) followed by one in Hindi. Then Gayatri Mantra. Then some jap, then some meditation, then OM chanting then Shanti Mantra. Then during recess Bhojan Mantra. This is learning of language. Are you kidding? It's all just atrocious. Just wonder why something like CRY doesn't go after these schools for such harassment.
reciting shlokas is harassment? gosh what is wrong with you? as texan said, in catholic schools, they make you read the bible even if u are not catholic and give you quizzes about the bible. no problem there and these schools are government funded as well, but reciting shlokas supposedly constitutes torture. seriously grow up

India must be the unique country in the world' date=' some of whose citizens disdain the language in which its national anthem and national song are written.[/quote'] It is the case with most (if not all) post colonial countries - hatred of the self. In India, the case is more acute since, it has been subjected to consecutive "colonial" eras. Although, I think we have reached (or are about to) an inflection point.

It is the case with most (if not all) post colonial countries - hatred of the self. In India' date=' the case is more acute since, it has been subjected to consecutive "colonial" eras. Although, I think we have reached (or are about to) an inflection point.[/quote'] hatred of anything that has even a remote link with hindu religion. raghav is perfect example of this

reciting shlokas is harassment? gosh what is wrong with you? as texan said' date=' in catholic schools, they make you read the bible even if u are not catholic and give you quizzes about the bible. no problem there and these schools are government funded as well, but reciting shlokas supposedly constitutes torture. seriously grow up[/quote'] Log off from ICF. Get a book of Sanskrit Shlokas, recite for one hour without understanding single word of that. Do that daily morning for 6 days. You'll realize whether that is torture, harassment or not. If catholic schools force Children to read Bible for same lengthy duration, they are equally wrong.

Log off from ICF. Get a book of Sanskrit Shlokas' date=' recite for one hour without understanding single word of that. Do that daily morning for 6 days. You'll realize whether that is torture, harassment or not. If catholic schools force Children to read Bible for same lengthy duration, they are equally wrong.[/quote'] i will, no problem. surely won't whine as much as you, thats for sure