Modi sarkar economic reforms/governance performance thread

FischerTal

HRD Minisiter Smriti Irani wants ancient texts in education

The new BJP government has taken initial steps towards introducing the Hindu perspective in the education system. It is learnt that human resources development minister Smriti Irani has asked HRD officials to develop educational material that encapsulates the contribution of ancient Indians in different fields like science, mathematics, social sciences, philosophy, grammar and language. It is learnt that once evolved, this material could be introduced as chapters in the school curriculum. The ministry is planning to set up a committee to study the ancient Hindu texts, Vedas, Upanishads and other epics to select relevant material for teaching. To deflect criticism, the Modi government is likely to hold wide consultations with academics and others before going ahead with the move. Union HRD minister Smriti Irani brought this up during detailed interactions with senior bureaucrats in the past two days. She also articulated her desire to preserve the ancient culture and heritage of the country, sources said. This is being viewed as an attempt by the government to push through the RSS’ educational revamp agenda. The RSS has been critical of the Congress governments for ignoring the contribution of Hindu culture and religion to nation-building. The rightist organisations have labelled current textbooks as Left-leaning.
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140530/nation-current-affairs/article/hrd-minisiter-smriti-irani-wants-ancient-texts-education

I'm not in school :poink: Sabby and LeoRshi would be most affected :giggle:

they could do this in office too .. seen many people skipping bfast/lunch/dinner bcoz of work and availability of junkies

India tightens grip over illegal import of Chinese crackers Source: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/india-tightens-grip-over-illegal-import-of-chinese-crackers/articleshow/43892237.cms don't know whether this is good or bad :Good for modi bhakts :hmmm:
Good for modi bhakts bad for international and national pseculars Edit: sorry for the edit of your post lol. I clicked on Edit instead of quote. I am a moderator here :secret:

India tightens grip over illegal import of Chinese crackers Source: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/india-tightens-grip-over-illegal-import-of-chinese-crackers/articleshow/43892237.cms don't know whether this is good or bad :Good for modi bhakts :hmmm:
Bad for Indian kids, more will die making those in India now. good for Chinese kids..though.

Not happy with deregulating prices of essential drugs.
That was a total bizarre move,. First, add the, to the list. Next, remove them. Later say, they were removed but under price control. I mean complete confusion. Currently, essential drug prices have increased and their availability is running very low. HIV patients might not have access to an essential drug for 1-month.

Not happy with deregulating prices of essential drugs.
Indian pharma companies are already making huge profits. One pharamcist near me is having 40 rupees of profit on a drug consisting rabeprazole salt at an MRP of 110 for 10 capsules. Now, it is everyone's guess how much profit will the company be making.