Zaheer - The Next Agarkar

zubinpepsi

Bottomline is we are desperately short of a good pace attack for ODIs: Zak is poor AA is poor MP is *shudder* (worst attitude and laziness among the bowlers) RPS and SS will blow hot, blow cold. But I guess they have more potential than above 3 IKP is a decent slow medium pacer - effective for ODIs but not lethal. We have seen the "bench strength" in Challenger series, India Red, Blue, Green - *shudder*
Agree 100%.. thts my thought as well.. we really dont have any n fast bowler coming up... all in the domestic circuit r tundlers and they will b taken apart by the opposition... I seriously wonder what these pace foundations and NCAs are doing..

Skills wise Zaheer Khan COULD still be a very very good ODI bowler. He is a good test match bowler. I have watched nearly every ball of Indian international cricket (minus the BD tour and the Indo-Windies series last year) and call me crazy if you want ... but I still feel Zaheer is our best ODI bowler at the death. He did produce some good spells at the death against Australia. No doubt he is going through a bad patch. I would give him 1 more game to redeem himself. If he cant then bring in Sreesanth or PKum. However, I would not give up on him altogether and start pulling crap like Agarkar is better (which is simply put ... rubbish). Zaheer is going through a bad patch. He is struggling primarily for control but is still a very dangerous bowler. I still feel Zaheer is our best death bowler at the moment, despite yesterday. In that, if I were Dhoni next game and there was a similar situation at the death, I would give Zaheer the ball, without doubt. He would be determined to not make the same mistake and that determination could win you matches.

according to Michael Vaughan' date='Zaheer is better than Wasim Akram:haha:[/quote'] Vaughan was basing it on what he faced during the test series, where Zaheer was going around the wicket to a right hander and swinging it away, and consistently at a good line and length. Thats just as good as what Akram could do. Remember Tests and ODIs are different beasts.