Dhoni's Captaincy.

dial_100

So I want comment from you guys. Team selection. Bowling selection. Bowling Rotation. I said it before he brought in ZK to bowl his remaing 2 overs, not to bowl him. He gave away 30 runs in those 2 overs. The game was lost. There will be many surprises ahead. I hope he learns these things. He was lucky in few games in the past. But I doubt his leadership qualities.

HC... I dint know about him a strike bowler on Indian pitches. I was hoping them to chose a right hander. RP/ZK should be regularly rotated in ODIs. We have 3 left arm bowlers. We just miss the variety in our bowling.. How difficult it is to understand. SS was unnecessarily punished for being aggressive. He should have been handled carefully. He will do fine. He has tremendous pace. But playing Sehwag was a gamble. Dhoni played 8 batters, he had 2 down for 175 runs in 25 overs, So they still had 6 batters to follow. I really dont see them being aggressive with the fact that they had 6 batters to use only 25 overs. Was he happy with 310/320?? He could have gone for a kill. I didnt see the game. but he should have made sure that with 4 bowlers, he had formidable total. Now with 2 down and 6 good batters to follow, his job was to make sure that they play through next 15 overs at just run a ball with anchor on one side and occassional hit from the other end. Who do you think can Anchor from these 6. Dhoni, Yuv Sehwag, Uthhu Pathan. I think sending sehwag was a clear signal to go for a kill rather than making sure we get through 15 more overs with wkts in hand and then go for a kill in last 10 overs. Am I missing something or he was totally fulish sending Sehwag 4 down??

Jogi could have done better than him in those death overs.. Zaheer is going to go for many runs in Australia..if he plays in XI.. my 4 bowlers for NExt two matches.. Sree, RP, Pathan, Bhajji ..No murli...if sehwag plays...we need sehwag... i think our part time bowlers can hold their own....Ganguly did not go for many runs.. if 5th bowler goes for 60 runs..then i guess..we are safe..

But honestly, SRT Sehwag, Yuv Dhoni Uthhu Pathan Who can anchor the innings??? What is this Left and Right combination crap??? Is he a school kid or what???? If SRT is not on the field, Only he himself can anchor, rest are all hitters. The job of Anchor is to make sure play down all the important overs, in this case, Aktor. W/o losing a wkt. They lost 6 wkts in next 19 overs and still managed to score 99 runs. All of these 6 suppose to be big hitters. I dont see a point dropping RD who can easily score 70 runs from 99 balls and keeps his wkt intact. No pressure on others to play difficult overs. A flawed game plan. Either I am too out dated to understand modern cricket or Dhoni knows nothing about captaincy.

But honestly, SRT Sehwag, Yuv Dhoni Uthhu Pathan Who can anchor the innings???
In the current team, Yuvaraj, Dhoni are the ones supposed to provide stability. Ganguly, Tenulkar and Gambir are there to provide a good start. Uthappa/Rohit and Pathan are the finishers of the innings. I agree with you that Sehwag should be used either as an opener or first down. No use in getting him in the middle order. He cannot simply fill the shoes of Rahul Dravid. I think selectors made a mistake here! Get Rahul back or put someone like Badri in this position so that he'll at least learn on how to hold the innings together.

Correct. So answer to my question was that they were all hitters/sloggers and they lost their wkts. 25 overs is a long way to go and it needs lot of planning. It is missing completely from our Captain. Wait and watch. He will be exposed in many such close games. As against in PK team, YO, YK and MUH are all good anchors. In the middle overs. They all play very cautious innings with first 50 balls but then make over in next few balls they face. At the end they appear aggressive with their SR. But point is to make sure we play all our allotted overs with full strength. By losing wkts we give away some precious few overs at the end.

Correct. So answer to my question was that they were all hitters/sloggers and they lost their wkts. 25 overs is a long way to go and it needs lot of planning. It is missing completely from our Captain. Wait and watch. He will be exposed in many such close games. As against in PK team
Dial, Dhoni has played the role you explain many a times. Look at the past wins. He is the only player in the team who can play according to the needs of the team. But that being said you cannot rely on him all the time. Others have to step up too. I strongly believe he is a good captain in the making. It'll take some time for him to learn all the tricks. You have to be patient!
But honestly, SRT Sehwag, Yuv Dhoni Uthhu Pathan Who can anchor the innings??? What is this Left and Right combination crap??? Is he a school kid or what???? If SRT is not on the field, Only he himself can anchor, rest are all hitters. The job of Anchor is to make sure play down all the important overs, in this case, Aktor. W/o losing a wkt. They lost 6 wkts in next 19 overs and still managed to score 99 runs. All of these 6 suppose to be big hitters. I dont see a point dropping RD who can easily score 70 runs from 99 balls and keeps his wkt intact. No pressure on others to play difficult overs. A flawed game plan. Either I am too out dated to understand modern cricket or Dhoni knows nothing about captaincy.
That is what I said. So what was the point sending Sehwag ahead of him. Even Yuv should have come after him.

Yeah.. then why bowl them?? Especially ZK...Dhoni was one short of bowlers already, he knew what was going on especially wrong line by ZK. Plus I noticed one thing watching highlights. He kept on with same line. Dhoni should have asked him to bowl round the wkts instead. He bowled few balls and Afridi scooped one high in the air and almost got out.