Brutality at its best. Afridi WISHES he could do this.

Mr. Wicket

An except from Cricket Australia's report of the WA/QLD game:

The mercury may have been topping 35 degrees but it was raining sixes in Perth as Luke Pomersbach (176), Shaun Marsh (166 not out) and Luke Ronchi (105 not out) put the Bulls to the sword during an enthralling session after lunch which yielded 257 runs. The amazing session, during which Ronchi smashed an unbelievable 51-ball century, propelled WA to 5-565 at tea on day three. With one session still remaining in the day, Warriors captain Adam Voges decided to close the innings, with WA holding a lead of 337 after Queensland was dismissed for 228 early on day two. Pomersbach (176 from 207 balls) and Marsh (166 not out) combined for an emphatic 268-run fourth-wicket partnership to guide WA from 3-138 to 4-406, before Ronchi entered the fray with the icing on the cake. Ronchi 'crawled' to his half-century in 40 deliveries before racing from 50 to 100 in just 11 balls as he unleashed a barrage of sixes. The right-hander finished the innings with six fours and 11 sixes to his name as WA battered the Bulls' attack to all parts of the ground.
And yes, this in a first-class game against a fairly decent attack (including Andy Bichel, Ashley Noffke, Chris Simpson and James Hopes). Thrilling. I'm not too fussed about Gilchrist retiring soon, because Ronchi's his natural long term successor and I can't wait to see him at the top.

unfortunately that is becoming painfully obvious .... these bowlers are good enough to support the batting lineup that never fails seemingly .... lets see how India does... I am not very hopeful and expecting a 2-0 loss given that our batting isnt anywhere near where it was in 2003. I would love to be proven wrong of course

Ronchi did it in a stupid domestic game. Afridi 37 & 45 ball 100s are in international games. I know which one to chose.:two_thumbs_up:
You obviously know f*ck all about domestic cricket in Australia then. Compare a knock like that at a pitch like the WACA against a pretty reasonable attack with a couple of guys (Noffke + Andy Bichel) who'd walk into most sides in the world... as opposed to one ton on a joke of an international ground (aren't the boundaries at Nairobi something like 3/5ths the size of those at Perth?), and then a fairly mediocre attack while he was in at Kanpur (on a belter of a wicket too). Given the difficulty of conditions in the former and the bowling quality, I'd take the first any day over the second despite the relative lack of attention/hype to that.
You obviously know f*ck all about domestic cricket in Australia then. Compare a knock like that at a pitch like the WACA against a pretty reasonable attack with a couple of guys (Noffke + Andy Bichel) who'd walk into most sides in the world... as opposed to one ton on a joke of an international ground (aren't the boundaries at Nairobi something like 3/5ths the size of those at Perth?)' date=' and then a fairly mediocre attack while he was in at Kanpur (on a belter of a wicket too). Given the difficulty of conditions in the former and the bowling quality, I'd take the first any day over the second despite the relative lack of attention/hype to that.[/quote'] how come Ronchi was a failure in Pak A tour recently on dead tracks when Pak thrashed them 5-0 :two_thumbs_up: A tour means more pressure than a domestic game but still not equal to international game where Sahib Zada Shahid Khan Afridi did it. Every other day, we read in news some maaja saaja player scored 20 ball 100 or 100 ball 300 in domestic games:pray:. DO it in international game, then we'll talk:wink_smile:

Give him a few hundred chances, and he'll probably come good a few dozen more times than darling Sahib Zada etc has with around that same number of shots.

Every other day' date=' we read in news some maaja saaja player scored 20 ball 100 or 100 ball 300 in domestic games[/quote'] Hmm, I must not be following the news. Given your credibility, would you mind backing this up? If it's 'every other day' as you say, I'm sure there are plenty of articles out there from the last few weeks. Can you pull up a few detailing those 20 ball hundreds and the 100 ball 300s? I'd be quite interested in reading those...