Fielding is embarrassing

King

Chanakya, Injuries happen to the best of the fielders, and it happens on any ground. Maybe MT got injured only becos of the ground or maybe he fell akwardly. We dont know. The mediocre fielding by current generation Indian players incl. Zaheer Khan and RP Singh types is totally unacceptable. Forget diving and falling, these nuts can't even do regulation stops and catches. I mean an Asian outfit like Sri Lanka, or why even Bangladesh I've seen show more commitment on the field.

I'll excuse them. RPS in particular has been playing non stop cricket since May with the stupid selectors not resting him evenb for one series. He is human afterall. How long do you think he can stand non-stop cricket at the highest level? He wasn't bad in T20 but is getting worse and worse, yet the blind selectors can't see the warning signal!!!

ravi' date=' why you gotta complain all the time man? we won, enjoy the game, enjoy indian pride. Sure there's things to work on, but how about seeing a post appreciating our players?[/quote'] I would have loved to read your response every time I complained. You make it sound as if I have nothing but complaining. BTW don't preach me about pride, thanks. BTW dig my posts get educated about my postings.
I'll excuse them. RPS in particular has been playing non stop cricket since May with the stupid selectors not resting him evenb for one series. He is human afterall. How long do you think he can stand non-stop cricket at the highest level? He wasn't bad in T20 but is getting worse and worse, yet the blind selectors can't see the warning signal!!!
bechare ko tab tak chalate rahen ge jab tak burn out na ho jae...then they will forget him....
Agreed that our pathetic grounds do play a role in most of our players being below par feilders. But how is it that Sri Lankans are such fantastic fielders inspite of having similar problems?
Same question that I have too. As much you would be surprised Bangladesh after all can field alright too! Zimbabwe...does Zim have the best conditions? Kenya? Those guys field good!!!
Agreed that our pathetic grounds do play a role in most of our players being below par feilders. But how is it that Sri Lankans are such fantastic fielders inspite of having similar problems?
Similarly the Bangladesh players. They seem quite agile to me.
Same question that I have too. As much you would be surprised Bangladesh after all can field alright too! Zimbabwe...does Zim have the best conditions? Kenya? Those guys field good!!!
Yep, we'll wait for Predz to clarify this :D

Similarly why are the likes of Kaif, Yuvraj, Raina, Uthappa and couple others very good fielders? I think some of the star bats from yesteryears and the bowlers I reckon do not take much pride or effort in training hard with regards to fielding. The bad conditions they get to play on early in their childhood is just an excuse. I don't expect them to dive around lest they could stop the ball with both hands when it's hit at them. Those that haven't felt the grass in the outfield of an international ground wouldn't know how good the grass feels. It's almost like rolling a ball on the carpet. When you get a chance to get on the ground check out the grass, you will know.

Similarly why are the likes of Kaif' date=' Yuvraj, Raina, Uthappa and couple others very good fielders? I think some of the star bats from yesteryears and the bowlers I reckon do not take much pride or effort in training hard with regards to fielding. The bad conditions they get to play on early in their childhood is just an excuse.[/quote'] Agree. My complaint about mediocre fielding isn't that fielders don't dive and throw themselves about - there are a lot of players in general who don't do it that often due to the risk of injury (of pulling a 'Simon Jones' or crashing into a fence/board and hurting themselves). But the likes of Munaf, Zaheer, Ganguly, Kartik and co. are poor fielders NOT because they don't dive around like madmen. They are poor fielders because they're poor when it comes to cleanly stopping a ball hit straight at them on a consistent basis, occasionally spill catches, bad at running after a ball or running into position for a skier, and have generally poor throwing arms from the deep. The surfaces they play on have little to do with those fielding basics.
Ravi, Let these guys play non-stop cricket like India has been playing. Even then if you find them agile, I'll concede the point. India has few poor fielders like Ganguly and Zaheer. Rest are all okay with one or two being brilliant like Kaif and Raina who are not in the team at the moment.
Ravi, Let these guys play non-stop cricket like India has been playing. Even then if you find them agile, I'll concede the point. India has few poor fielders like Ganguly and Zaheer. Rest are all okay with one or two being brilliant like Kaif and Raina who are not in the team at the moment.
I would classify our fielders as below: We have some excellent fielders (Raina, Yuvraj & the likes), some good ones (Uthappa, Irfan), some competent ones (Tendulkar), bad ones aka slow movers (Dravid, Sehwag type) and the mediocre ones (Ganguly, Powar, Zaheer) While too much cricket, poor practise conditions can all be cited as valid excuses for the overall poor fielding issues with our team, most of these guys simply have a poor attitude. Ganguly & Zaheer never took their fielding seriously. Sachin, OTOH, inspite of not being very athletic, rarely misfields or drops a catch. I'd put that down to his commitment to do well on the field. Attitude is as important as the rest of the factors

I agree with your assessment Bumper. And you'll be pleasantly surprised in Sehwag's case. He fielded extremely nicely in the Challengers after slimming down by some 12 kg. That is quite good and I put the earlier lack of fitness or his deteriorating fitness to his poor attitude!

I would classify our fielders as below: We have some excellent fielders (Raina, Yuvraj & the likes), some good ones (Uthappa, Irfan), some competent ones (Tendulkar), bad ones aka slow movers (Dravid, Sehwag type) and the mediocre ones (Ganguly, Powar, Zaheer) While too much cricket, poor practise conditions can all be cited as valid excuses for the overall poor fielding issues with our team, most of these guys simply have a poor attitude. Ganguly & Zaheer never took their fielding seriously. Sachin, OTOH, inspite of not being very athletic, rarely misfields or drops a catch. I'd put that down to his commitment to do well on the field. Attitude is as important as the rest of the factors
Repeat: Sachin, OTOH, inspite of not being very athletic, rarely misfields or drops a catch. I'd put that down to his commitment to do well on the field. Attitude is as important as the rest of the factors Paging Predator...:D :two_thumbs_up: