Help, Dileep, Help

Dhondy

Guest HariSampath
Hari' date=' when I spoke of form re. the bowlers, I wasn't talking about the numbers. Did you watch the ODIs and see the difference in bowling mentalities, the way Kartik approached his tasks aggressively, seeking to attack and take wickets while Harbhajan bowled purely to keep runs down? And more importantly, the sort of problems Kartik consistently caused?[/quote'] That is not an accurate picture because in ODIs the captain gives specific roles to players in game situations. Also, the batsmen were not taking any chances against Harbhajan, and even in the last game just played him out for 20 odd runs in 10 overs, for fear of losing their wkts. Moreover, to dwell on that point a bit... karthik was bowling far too flat in the last ODI too, and everyone was saying he was not flighting the ball on a track that started to turn. That in fact worried me. Here Bhajji was bowling with a lot of air.

Bhajji will be milked by the Paks easily. YK and MoYo will bat for an eternity against him. He bowls so flatly these days. No variation, no guile. Same old middle and leg BS line. And Afridi treats him like a two bit spinner. Playing him will be a mistake. I'd rather have a three man pace attack + Kumble or RP and Zak with Kumble and Kartik.

Guest HariSampath

Another point is that an off spinner in a test context can bowl with 2 shortlegs for getting a batsman caught with bounce and turn in the legtrap, a major dismissal option, but in an ODI an offspinner will be wided if he even pitches the ball on the leg or middle stump and turns away to leg. For a left arm orthodox spinner, the dangers are far less, and he can afford to turn away from the right hander towards slips, and all his test match options are open in an ODI too

Guest HariSampath
Bhajji will be milked by the Paks easily. YK and MoYo will bat for an eternity against him. He bowls so flatly these days. No variation' date=' no guile. Same old middle and leg BS line. And Afridi treats him like a two bit spinner. Playing him will be a mistake. I'd rather have a three man pace attack + Kumble or RP and Zak with Kumble and Kartik.[/quote'] In that Bangalore test , Pak was 300-2 and were murdering our bowling, when Harbhajan came back strongly to take 6-150, and Inzy 180 and YK big 200 etc... so it is not as if harbhajan cannot stand up to the best of pak batsmen
In that Bangalore test ' date=' Pak was 300-2 and were murdering our bowling, when Harbhajan came back strongly to take 6-150, and Inzy 180 and YK big 200 etc... so it is not as if harbhajan cannot stand up to the best of pak batsmen[/quote'] Came back strongly? Pak still made 570. What about in Pak 2006?
Wat r u talking man?? If someone says i was busy humping ur sis.. u will jus move on issit??
No dude, you are mistaken. No one is asking anyone to take abuse lying down. I say retort and move on. Dont have to type essays saying " oh you did that, you did this " or whatever and start pronouncing judgments on people.
Guest HariSampath
What about in 2006 though' date=' in the two tests he played before getting dropped?[/quote'] He didn't bowl well . period. But what about others ? And like I asked are those 3-4 tests in that series the only criterion for selection ?

Pakistan have trouble against left arm spinners as they found it hard against Harris.. if we have to go with 2 spinners, 2nd spinner should be Karthik.. but again if our two seamers are left armers bowling over the wicket..offie will get lot of rough to work on...so its not easy decision for kumble.

Guest HariSampath
WTF ... you should be the very last person on Gods green earth to point a finger at Doc and worse question his knowledge on Cricket. Go read his articles on the main page and may be you can cleanse yourself of all the sin you have acquired ...
I have read his reasoning behind harbhajan, thats enough. And the "shame on you" was because he was personally abusive to someone here.
He didn't bowl well . period. But what about others ? And like I asked are those 3-4 tests in that series the only criterion for selection ?
What about the fact that since 2003 onwards, his test bowling average has been moving upwards steadily with the big performances coming less and less frequently.