Tendulkar Analysed: by Hari Sampath.

Guest HariSampath

Guest HariSampath
Which 6 test playing countries does he average less than 40 in? Australia, NZ, and Pakistan are the only ones I could find with averages of 35, 30, and 37. Except for NZ, none of them would fall into the poor category. 35+ is still quite decent in ODIs. He hasn't played too many ODIs in Pakistan and had a horrendous debut series in ODIs there.
shwetabh....read earlier posts...I was referring to Sachin as an ODI player...in many countries like Aus, SA, etc..
Guest HariSampath

Sachin ODI record against Australia in Australia : Avg 28.25 Against SA in SA : Avg : 26.10 Against NZ in NZ : 27.20 Against Pakistan in Pakistan : 36.92 Against Kenya in Kenya : 25.00 Against Bangladesh in Bangladesh : 39.00 So here we go....Sachin against 6 test playing nation in their countries in ODIs...has sub 39 averages, and even his 30 + avgs are in subcontinent like Pakistan and BD

Sachin ODI record against Australia in Australia : Avg 28.25 Against SA in SA : Avg : 26.10 Against NZ in NZ : 27.20 Against Pakistan in Pakistan : 36.92 Against Kenya in Kenya : 25.00 Against Bangladesh in Bangladesh : 39.00 So here we go....Sachin against 6 test playing nation in their countries in ODIs...has sub 39 averages, and even his 30 + avgs are in subcontinent like Pakistan and BD
Since when did Kenya become a test playing nation? BTW, these stats are a bit absurd for the simple fact that when you are trying to compare a batsman's record in a country you are trying to see how he bats in those conditions, so there is no logic behind mapping that to one particular country. Tendulkar's numbers are superb in all conditions except NZ to an extent. But if you want to carry on such absurdity as you did earlier in this thread by posting those batsman/bowler average stats, carry on. PS : Ponting averages 9.50 against BD in BD and 27 against WI in WI.
To give some perspective and using statistics in a very broad manner ( by no means conclusive...and no intent to deride Sachin as a fantastic batsman or to mindlessly bash Sachin' date=' mind you)...here is a small sample of how Sachin has fared in [b']those ODI inngs when he had been dismissed by some of the top bowlers of Sachin's era. McGrath, Lee, Pollock, Donald, Akram, Vaas, Murali,Akthar, Ntini, etc.....These are the bowlers who had dismissed Sachin more times than others.... from 4 times to 9 times each ( just ODIs ) For example Sachin's avg score in the 9 innings he had been dismissed by Pollock is 5.22, meaning Sachin got a total of 45 runs in the 9 innings that Pollock dismissed him. This can be interpreted as having scored those runs when dismissed by that particular bowler and is NOT Sachin's avg against SA, and has nothing to do with other innings when he had been dismissed by other bowlers. Moreover this doesn't mean that all those 45 runs were scored off Pollock. This is simply an average performance indicator whenever Sachin was dismissed by Pollock alone. Thats how this stat should be interpreted for all bowlers. Sachin against Bowlers Avg score BOWLER Sachin's avg Pollock : 5.22 McGrath : 23.85 Brett Lee : 20.14 Vaas : 20.88 Walsh : 8.66 Warne : 100.00 ( only 1 innings) Donald : 22.60 Murali : 46.25 Waquar : 34.25 Akram : 5.00 Daniel Fleming : 48.20 Flintoff : 53.75
I have to disagree with you here , Shane Warne is supposed to be the greatest spinner the world what is his record over his career in subcontinent , still why was he voted as wisden top 5 players of cricket. He got smashed in india time and time again , still everyone forgets that. Tendulkar has scored runs in every country some more some less that doesnt mean he is at his best only in subcontinent.
Guest HariSampath
Since when did Kenya become a test playing nation? BTW, these stats are a bit absurd for the simple fact that when you are trying to compare a batsman's record in a country you are trying to see how he bats in those conditions, so there is no logic behind mapping that to one particular country. Tendulkar's numbers are superb in all conditions except NZ to an extent. But if you want to carry on such absurdity as you did earlier in this thread by posting those batsman/bowler average stats, carry on. PS : Ponting averages 9.50 against BD in BD and 27 against WI in WI.
what I meant was that Kenya is a recognised ODI country...none the less, the records and stats for Sachin are indisputable.....and by no means absurd...when a much touted "world's best batsman"....can be conclusively shown to be a failure against many important Intl teams in ODIs when playing in their backyards....many questions arise, and however you may spin it, it is impossible to escape stats and facts . Sachin Tendulkar HAS FAILED against Aus, NZ, SA , playing in those countries in ODIs.
Guest HariSampath

Most significant stat is that Sachin Tendulkar , playing against ANY Intl side in ODIs outside home ( that is "away" status")...averages 35....hardly a figure to consider for even classifying "great" or even "good"...by most standards of International comparisions, an average of 35 in 25 % of his games against opponents outside India has yielded 35 avg...( this includes sides like BD, SL, Pak etc ...and his avg outside the subcontinent is lots lower )....so this is a black and white statement and not much room for argument

Guest HariSampath
Tendulkar is an absolute complete failure. He scores only against minnows. He neveer plays when we need him. All his runs have been made for selfish reasons. Happy?
ha ha ha... you are a funny dude. I think Sachin is a fantastic batter who has performed consistently and very creditably for India , last 15+ years...but he is not anywhere close to the "greatest" tag. btw...Sachin remains one of my top all time 5 favorite cricketers
Guest HariSampath
I have to disagree with you here , Shane Warne is supposed to be the greatest spinner the world what is his record over his career in subcontinent , still why was he voted as wisden top 5 players of cricket. He got smashed in india time and time again , still everyone forgets that. Tendulkar has scored runs in every country some more some less that doesnt mean he is at his best only in subcontinent.
yes...the facts and stats say...he has scored very less runs against SA, Aus and NZ etc when playing there in their backyards. The stats say he just averages 35 when playing against ANY team in their backyard( ODIs)....so we are inevitably led to certain conclusions
Guest HariSampath
Sachin is the greatest for me. I don't need others to certify him as greatest.
now u are talking sense.....for eg..."Ajit Agarkar is the world's greatest fast bowler....I dont need others to agree"...is an equally valid statement if u make it
yes...the facts and stats say...he has scored very less runs against SA' date=' Aus and NZ etc when playing there in their backyards. The stats say he just averages 35 when playing against ANY team in their backyard( ODIs)....so we are inevitably led to certain conclusions[/quote'] You didnt answer my point about shane warne , why is regarded a better spinner than murali who infact has won more matches against India than Warne,Warne had nightmarish trips to india still Wisden regards him one of best five crickets ever why.
Guest HariSampath
You didnt answer my point about shane warne ' date=' why is regarded a better spinner than murali who infact has won more matches against India than Warne,Warne had nightmarish trips to india still Wisden regards him one of best five crickets ever why.[/quote'] I don't think warne is a better spinner than Murali... Murali is FAR superior.... and if you are going to quote wisden... let me point out that NOT EVEN ONE inngs of Sachin has been rated even in the top 100 test or ODI inngs by wisden
Guest HariSampath
HariSampath you argue for arguement's sake. Not a desirable quality.
NO... I am arguing based on stats and facts..... can you explain Sachin's failure in ODIs when playing in major countries like Aus, SA, NZ etc ?? please do so... just compare Ponting and see
Guest HariSampath

what about Sachin's ODI record in AUS, SA, Eng, NZ, SL, Pak ?? In ALL these SIX countries, Ponting comfortably outscores Sachin...while Ponting's avg in India against India is 45 ( above Sachin's overall ODI avg)...so what do you say to this ??