The Other Pathan's all round double

Mr. Wicket

35.1-9-83-5 in Bengal's innings, helping to restrict them them to 370 after a first day score of 262/2. Now, coming in at 180/5 in response, Yusuf Khan Pathan has just blitzed his way to 106 (presently unbeaten, still in progress) off 96 balls - 4 sixes and 9 fours with Baroda closing in on Bengal's total. Good stuff! :two_thumbs_up:

excellent.... i am more excited about his bowling figures... i always knew he had excellent batting potential and a quick 100 was bound to come... i wanted him to improve his bowling enuf to take consisrtent 5'fers in domestic... another couple of 5'fers this season, i would like him in the odi squad...

This guy HAS to be fast-tracked into the one-day squad. He has the makings of an excellent one-day player. Tall, athletic , hard-hitting batsman and decent off-spinner. I am quite excited by this team, Sachin Sehwag Rohit Sharma Yuvraj Dhoni Uthappa Yusuf Pathan Irfan Bhajji Zak RPS. We can play an extra batsman as per the situation if we want. That is a VERY decent fielding unit too.

This guy HAS to be fast-tracked into the one-day squad. He has the makings of an excellent one-day player. Tall, athletic , hard-hitting batsman and decent off-spinner. I am quite excited by this team, Sachin Sehwag Rohit Sharma Yuvraj Dhoni Uthappa Yusuf Pathan Irfan Bhajji Zak RPS. We can play an extra batsman as per the situation if we want. That is a VERY decent fielding unit too.
tune sreesanth, gambhir, raina, murli kartick, dinesh kartick saab ki bhand laga di.

the weird thing is that i was actually thinking about what this guy must be upto at the moment, since the exploits in the world cup do not seem to have translated into greater opportunities for him. has anyone seen him in person, if so, is he really a promising player viz a viz the future?

tune sreesanth' date=' gambhir, raina, murli kartick, dinesh kartick saab ki bhand laga di.[/quote'] Of course they are still in my scheme of things... Just that they are behind some players in the pecking order currently. Ok , here we go Sachin Sehwag/Gambhir Rohit Sharma/Dinesh Karthik/Raina Yuvraj Dhoni Uthappa Yusuf Pathan Irfan Zak Bhajji RPS/Sreesanth There is nothing to choose between Rohit Sharma , Karhik and Raina.Dravid and Ganguly miss out because of their fielding.

Holy Crap. That was incredible all-round display. He came in when Bar. were 180-5, Bar. ended with 515 on the board. Well done YK. We are in need of good all-rounders. Maybe, you're the answer to it. :two_thumbs_up: YK Pathan's 1st Inn bowling figure - 35.1-9-83-5 YK Pathan's 1st Inn batting - 183(150) ==>24 4's and 4 6's YK Pathan's 2nd Inn bowling figure - 0.3-0-1-1 Allah miya is bande par bahut hi jyada meharbaan hain :|

Holy Crap. That was incredible all-round display. He came in when Bar. were 180-5, Bar. ended with 515 on the board. Well done YK. We are in need of good all-rounders. Maybe, you're the answer to it. :two_thumbs_up: YK Pathan's 1st Inn bowling figure - 35.1-9-83-5 YK Pathan's 1st Inn batting - 183(150) ==>24 4's and 4 6's YK Pathan's 2nd Inn bowling figure - 0.3-0-1-1 Allah miya is bande par bahut hi jyada meharbaan hain :|
Update: YK Pathan's 2nd Inn bowling figure - 14-8-19-3
I agree it was a superb all-round display ... but seriously ... fast-tracked after 1 game ... lets see some consistency first. I think Badrinath, Tiwary and Gagandeep Singh are ahead of him in terms of who should get the next look in for a spot in the Indian team. They have been more consistent.
I agree it was a superb all-round display ... but seriously ... fast-tracked after 1 game ... lets see some consistency first. I think Badrinath' date=' Tiwary and Gagandeep Singh are ahead of him in terms of who should get the next look in for a spot in the Indian team. They have been more consistent.[/quote'] The day and age of grafters in the one-day game has come and gone. History says that the sides that have done always lots of utility players and power hitters in the lower order.Yusuf Pathan perfectly fits the bill. Considering the current composition of the Indian team and the age of its players who may for it in the coming years ( Yuvi - 25 , Dhoni - 26 , Rohit Sharma - 22, Gambhir - mid 20s , Uthappa - 22 , Karthik - 22), i think Yusuf Pathan fits the bill well. As i said before , he has all the qualities of an EXCELLENT one day player - Athletic fieldsman , hard-hitting batsman and decent spinner. With regs to Badrinath , Tiwary and Singh , I can probably give Manoj Tiwary a slight preference , but Badri will be hopelessly lost in our one-day team and Gagandeep's time has come and gone i think.
The day and age of grafters in the one-day game has come and gone. History says that the sides that have done always lots of utility players and power hitters in the lower order.Yusuf Pathan perfectly fits the bill. Considering the current composition of the Indian team and the age of its players who may for it in the coming years ( Yuvi - 25 , Dhoni - 26 , Rohit Sharma - 22, Gambhir - mid 20s , Uthappa - 22 , Karthik - 22), i think Yusuf Pathan fits the bill well. As i said before , he has all the qualities of an EXCELLENT one day player - Athletic fieldsman , hard-hitting batsman and decent spinner. With regs to Badrinath , Tiwary and Singh , I can probably give Manoj Tiwary a slight preference , but Badri will be hopelessly lost in our one-day team and Gagandeep's time has come and gone i think.
Gagandeep is gone, Bharat! He was neither chosen for India A team nor for Challengers. So he no longer is in the scheme of future plans! Forget him. BTW, Y Pathan takes 5 wickets in second innings too to bundle Bengal out for just 86 runs in the second innings!!
Gagandeep is gone, Bharat! He was neither chosen for India A team nor for Challengers. So he no longer is in the scheme of future plans! Forget him. BTW, Y Pathan takes 5 wickets in second innings too to bundle Bengal out for just 86 runs in the second innings!!
Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When was the last time a guy scored 150 and took 10 wickets in the same match in Ranji trophy ?? Attn Selectors ! Attn Selectors !