Have teams that play Australia go on to win the next series with another country?

fineleg

I have seen this happen. India plays Aus - loses the series. Will win the series against the next opponent (or atleast compete quite well). I have seen it happen to other teams that play with Aus as well. They may lose the series against Aus, but will compete very well in their next series. Their game will be lifted up a few notches. (You can exclude the total minnows from this, I'm talking abt Ind, Pak, SL, NZ, SA etc) Is this just my thinking or does stats prove this, or do you folks feel this is the case also?

OMG.... I was discussing with one of my friend about Pak series (after the end of Aus series). When i asked him about the chances of Team India in the series vs pak. He said don't worry we will maul pakistan easily. When i asked him why does he think that, he said whenever a team who plays vs Aus, their standard rises automatically near Aus's standard. Brilliant observation, both of y'all

South Africa at home
aaah....thats good... easy team to win over (atleast in TESTS) :two_thumbs_up: saalo proteas... tumne humari tests mein maari thi... ab hum tumhari maarenge
Not really these guys aren't playing spin that badly these days. We might have to prepare a seaming track to get them out :D
lol...does not matter if they can play spin properly or no.... Kumble kaunsa ball spin karta hain...:cantstop:
We had lost 2-0 to SA after we lost 3-0 to Australia in 99-00. So??? Think again!
Thanks for that datapoint. I am not saying this is a 100% guarantee. But this has been my feeling, and seems like some other folks seem to feel this way as well. Thats all. BTW - its not like we'll win the next series. But even if we competed better than we otherwise would have, that is an improvement as well.