Your Take on IND-PAK ODI SERIES

Guest Hiten.

Uthappa a flop ? Hardly. He barely got a chance to bat all series. Gambhir was also very good at Guwahati and at Mohali. They weren't hits, but they weren't flops either. The biggest flops from the Indian side were Ganguly and Sehwag. Both of them sucked big time. Pathan was also a big disappointment. Zaheer could have done better too - his crappy bowling cost India the game at Mohali. On the Pakistani side, i thought Afridi was their biggest waste of space - closely followed by Akmal and then Malik (too little, too late). Tanvir and Yoosef were their best players

Uthappa a flop ? Hardly. He barely got a chance to bat all series. Gambhir was also very good at Guwahati and at Mohali. They weren't hits, but they weren't flops either. The biggest flops from the Indian side were Ganguly and Sehwag. Both of them sucked big time. Pathan was also a big disappointment. Zaheer could have done better too - his crappy bowling cost India the game at Mohali. On the Pakistani side, i thought Afridi was their biggest waste of space - closely followed by Akmal and then Malik (too little, too late). Tanvir and Yoosef were their best players
Oops....Point noted sarkar. He only faced 40 deliveries. thanks. :P

the whole indian team except sachin and yuvi and dhoni and rajput and rp singh and harbhajan and mostly everyone else except ganguly lol :p we should have won 5-0 seriously FLOP THE UMPIRES 2 5 ball overs in the series against india pathetic remember that 2nd test against saf where munaf was out on the 7th ball thats when karthik was battin so good who knws maybe he could have added more runs or delayed safs victory fckuer umpiresss

also i notice harbhajans fielding its gotten so much better hes giving commitment to each and every ball i love to see taht b4 he used to dive after the ball gets past him now he does it better he dives and saves runs everytime AND HIS BHANGRA ROCKS!!! horeendous gangulys body language << after his run he doesnt go back to cover the stumps nor does he dive to save runs nor does he take singles nor does he ...............

Ganguly's failure against Pakistan will be magnified ten-fold by the media. Pretty much any failure against Pakistan wins notoriety. He will be living on bought time from now on, because in India you are only as good as your last series/match. Dhoni rates Gambhir, so he won't have any qualms about replacing Ganguly. Theguyinblue will probably crust up his bedsheets when Ganguly is dropped

For me Hits: SRT YUVI Dhoni Bhajji RP Zk FLops IK Pathan Gambhir Ganguly Sehwag SO it was 50-50 performance from Team India.
i must question your judgement on those two. both of them had a decent tournament. the weight of expectations on gambhir is immense in light of his 20-20 exploits. and irfan has been very good with both bat and ball. infact, save for the last game where he went for a few, he did a terrific job in the rest. be it reining in the runs in the middle overs, or dimissing a mindless freak for cheap.
the whole indian team except sachin and yuvi and dhoni and rajput and rp singh and harbhajan and mostly everyone else except ganguly lol :p we should have won 5-0 seriously FLOP THE UMPIRES 2 5 ball overs in the series against india pathetic remember that 2nd test against saf where munaf was out on the 7th ball thats when karthik was battin so good who knws maybe he could have added more runs or delayed safs victory fckuer umpiresss
in all sincerity, the umpiring was brilliant. this new dude, who celebrated his birthday on the day of the 4th ODI was absolutely merculian. the one occassion where he turned down a LBW appeal against tendulkar since tendulkar had been hit on the top third of his pad and he was marginally airborne at the instant of impact, he was able to conclude that the ball would have sailed over the stumps, a decision vindicated by the hawk eye extrapolation. moreover, on another occassion he refused an appeal for caught behind by dhoni and quite accurately so since the ball had just bounced prior to landing in dhoni's gloves. the reason we lost the two ODIs that we did were due to middle over malfunctions. in the second odi, we rather insensibly let them conjur a partnership that helped them achieve the target, and in the last match, we were really sloppy with our game. just to give you an idea: we gave away as many extras as we did in the previous 4 games in the fifth alone. moreover, pakistan were able to bowl with much more discipline than before. also with the presence of some younger blood and a good many runs on the board, their fielding was much more confident and effective. dont even get me started on the daff idea of promoting uthappa.
i must question your judgement on those two. both of them had a decent tournament. the weight of expectations on gambhir is immense in light of his 20-20 exploits. and irfan has been very good with both bat and ball. infact' date=' save for the last game where he went for a few, he did a terrific job in the rest. be it reining in the runs in the middle overs, or dimissing a mindless freak for cheap.[/quote'] I would say Gambhir doesnt really have much expectations put on him ... everyone knows where T20 stands (it is just a bit of hit and giggle IMO) . Id say of the entire top 6, he and Uthappa had the least expectations put on them heading into this series. He still has that weakness with the ball that angles back into his pads. I dont understand why though ... with so many swing bowlers in India surely he could practice for hours against this and correct it.
I would say Gambhir doesnt really have much expectations put on him ... everyone knows where T20 stands (it is just a bit of hit and giggle IMO) . Id say of the entire top 6, he and Uthappa had the least expectations put on them heading into this series. He still has that weakness with the ball that angles back into his pads. I dont understand why though ... with so many swing bowlers in India surely he could practice for hours against this and correct it.
most of whom are right handed bowlers who swing it into the right batsman or left handers who leave the left handed batsmen. few who bring it into the left hander or take it away from right handed batsmen. besides tanvir is faster through the air than the usual swing bowlers.

My opinion on the just concluded ODI series : Complete waste of time. It's time the ODIs are shafted. Test cricket should be the top draw and Twenty 20 it's cousin. 50 overs ODI is a complete waste of time. The way Dhoni and Yuvraj celebrated the series victory after the 3rd ODI win suggests even the players hardly care about it.

My opinion on the just concluded ODI series : Complete waste of time. It's time the ODIs are shafted. Test cricket should be the top draw and Twenty 20 it's cousin. 50 overs ODI is a complete waste of time. The way Dhoni and Yuvraj celebrated the series victory after the 3rd ODI win suggests even the players hardly care about it.
i agree that odis are way too boring nowadays. even though i can watch these matches on my tv now i rarely do. i just skip most of it and watch the highlights. twenty20 needs to be played more than 7 times a year.
most of whom are right handed bowlers who swing it into the right batsman or left handers who leave the left handed batsmen. few who bring it into the left hander or take it away from right handed batsmen. besides tanvir is faster through the air than the usual swing bowlers.
Um ... Zaheer, Irfan, Sreesanth and RP can all swing the ball both ways and RP and Sreesanth can reach the mid to high 140's