iPhone 6

velu

This is the store btw, for which it was granted the patent. These design patents are different from other patents we keep hearing about. 254834-new-york-s-fifth-ave-store.jpg
i know just see my comment it was tongue in cheek but yes we have seen shapes getting patented and apple trying to get injunction based on that can you really say people only bought those devices because of shape ? i mean full computer like device with different os ,ecosystem was bought for shape ?

i know just see my comment it was tongue in cheek but yes we have seen shapes getting patented and apple trying to get injunction based on that can you really say people only bought those devices because of shape ? i mean full computer like device with different os ,ecosystem was bought for shape ?
samsung patented/patents more shapes than apple ..

samsung patented/patents more shapes than apple ..
for millionth time...i do not give a crap about any of them if samsung was given choice it will want to become apple every company wants to become apple and they are no better than them they even lock you into their *****y touchwiz ecosystem atleast with apple they have class to create good products same with patent and same with advertisement and i have said 100 times before i will rather buy iphone than galaxy phones :giggle:

I think you're missing the point about shape related patents. A design patent by itself can't guarantee you against litigation. So, even if you make that shape for your own product it isn't acceptable in court that you violated Apple's design patent.

I think you're missing the point about shape related patents. A design patent by itself can't guarantee you against litigation. So' date=' even if you make that shape for your own product it isn't acceptable in court that you violated Apple's design patent.[/quote'] why even grant such patents ? its not problem with apple they have to do it otherwise others will /have . how can you ask for injunction based on shape ? just answer me was that only reason phone was sold ?

why even grant such patents ? its not problem with apple they have to do it otherwise others will /have . how can you ask for injunction based on shape ? just answer me was that only reason phone was sold ?
You can't ask for an injunction based ONLY on shape.

why even grant such patents ? its not problem with apple they have to do it otherwise others will /have . how can you ask for injunction based on shape ? just answer me was that only reason phone was sold ?
i think most patents nclude modling technologies too .. like i saw one apple patent about reducing the size of the disaply thickness by removing a layer of glass.. i didnt get anything in their chemistry stuff .. but if smasung does the samething then will be sued

i think most patents nclude modling technologies too .. like i saw one apple patent about reducing the size of the disaply thickness by removing a layer of glass.. i didnt get anything in their chemistry stuff .. but if smasung does the samething then will be sued
that is different and its fair as lot of money went on it and they deserve it but we have seen things like slide to unlock being patented and people getting sued over it and i do know lot money went into that too but it was not same thing we all know this and no one bought galaxy s or s2 because of that it was jsut most obvious way of opening and they have patented design both in hardware nad software and some of that is just ridiculous and clearly shows patent system needs to be changed with new technology..

that is different and its fair as lot of money went on it and they deserve it but we have seen things like slide to unlock being patented and people getting sued over it and i do know lot money went into that too but it was not same thing we all know this and no one bought galaxy s or s2 because of that it was jsut most obvious way of opening and they have patented design both in hardware nad software and some of that is just ridiculous and clearly shows patent system needs to be changed with new technology..
You've got this backwards. Samsung can still use the slide to unlock feature without getting sued or paying Apple any royalty.

No' date=' it wasn't just about shape.[/quote'] there were other things like slide to unlock but those things were main basis and samsung just paid fine and are allowed to sell them but they did try to stop them but obviously they were not able to prove it was only reason phone were sold so they did not win