iPhone 6

velu

then can you explain me why it was such big part of law suit ? did apple try to sue samsung for that or not ?
Because the dhakkan that Samsung is, they tried to use that feature (along with many others) and implemented the same way Apple did. That feature along with others got believing that Samsung's phone was indistinguishable from an iPhone. That was the problem - the problem wasn't one feature but 150 of them.

Because the dhakkan that Samsung is' date=' they tried to use that feature (along with many others) and implemented the same way Apple did. That feature along with others got believing that Samsung's phone was indistinguishable from an iPhone. That was the problem - the problem wasn't one feature but 150 of them.[/quote'] and thats why i said they deserve to be sued but not for features like this but trying to imitate apple's phone and trying to create a clone ...i am sure you will able to understand what i am trying to say ... i jsut feel old system are not good enough to deal with software and hardware where shapes come secondary or button placement is not important as in past

and thats why i said they deserve to be sued but not for features like this but trying to imitate apple's phone and trying to create a clone ...i am sure you will able to understand what i am trying to say ... i jsut feel old system are not good enough to deal with software and hardware where shapes come secondary or button placement is not important as in past
How can you sue Samsung for trying to imitate phone? Do you have a better litigation process in mind?

How can you sue Samsung for trying to imitate phone? Do you have a better litigation process in mind?
process should be same but patent system should be better let me give you example of guy who had an idea about mp3 player like thing giving you stories and he patented it....now he is suing podcasters and getting rich..is this fair ? i am not legal expert but i am sure there are plenty of smart people who can sort this system out rest will work well automatically .. they can get valid things patented like if they created finger print scanner its technology they can patent it but they cannot be allowed to patent just where home button is ... without technology samsung cannot copy if they similar type of different technology then its not really copying is it ?

process should be same but patent system should be better let me give you example of guy who had an idea about mp3 player like thing giving you stories and he patented it....now he is suing podcasters and getting rich..is this fair ? i am not legal expert but i am sure there are plenty of smart people who can sort this system out rest will work well automatically .. they can get valid things patented like if they created finger print scanner its technology they can patent it but they cannot be allowed to patent just where home button is ... without technology samsung cannot copy if they similar type of different technology then its not really copying is it ?
Actually, the patent system doesn't allow that patent.

also i will add if its not valid in germany i am sure they will have some good system in place to safeguard companies ...obviously it will have shortcomings too but still this proves current system is not the only solution
Mostly, it depends on the judge/jury.

also i am well aware this is design patent but did apple really invent anything here ? wa there no product prior to it with similar design ? there are pictures on internet showing phone with same rounded corners and home button in middle ..how is this worthy of patent even if they do not sue anyone ?

also i am well aware this is design patent but did apple really invent anything here ? wa there no product prior to it with similar design ? there are pictures on internet showing phone with same rounded corners and home button in middle ..how is this worthy of patent even if they do not sue anyone ?
but rectangle is allowed ? this is from xda
Each patent in itself is meaningless but can be used to build up a litigation. So, tomorrow go to a judge and say "Hey! That's rectangle and I want to sue X"; your case won't even go to trial.

Each patent in itself is meaningless but can be used to build up a litigation. So' date=' tomorrow go to a judge and say "Hey! That's rectangle and I want to sue X"; your case won't even go to trial.[/quote'] then why allow such patents if its meaningless ?

have u heard of antenna gate ?? ( jobs told iFans that they are holding the phone wrong :rofl: ) apple is good in making the existing things better.. for ex: 1) antennas are made of metals ( bt , wifi or cellular watever ) 2) usually antennas are kept inside the phone which takes space apple came up with an awesome idea ( and patent it before using :D ) .. use the metal frame as antenna itself .. this is a very simple idea , but apple came up and patented it.. it might be simple and obvious now .. but apple deserve something for finding the obvious thing

wont it be better to just not allow anyone else make product which look exactly like ipad like that freaking mipad by xaiomi ? make design more detailed and just not allow anything which is too close to it ? Xiaomi-MiPad1.jpg now this should never be allowed but is patent of rounded corner really answer to this ?

have u heard of antenna gate ?? ( jobs told iFans that they are holding the phone wrong :rofl: ) apple is good in making the existing things better.. for ex: 1) antennas are made of metals ( bt , wifi or cellular watever ) 2) usually antennas are kept inside the phone which takes space apple came up with an awesome idea ( and patent it before using :D ) .. use the metal frame as antenna itself .. this is a very simple idea , but apple came up and patented it.. it might be simple and obvious now .. but apple deserve something for finding the obvious thing
this is different ..i am totally in favor of allowing patents for such things

Because they can be used as small parts of a bigger litigation suit - that is exactly what it was meant for. It helps divide the issue into manageable units. It helps build the big picture.
sorry but this highlights the problem with current system this shape should never be allowed to be patented no one designed rounded corners they existed long before in many products in similar and different categories ...rounded corners existed before and phone which look closer to iphone than galaxy s does existed before it and slide to unlock existed before it ...do u really not see flaw in system here ? and that patent was invalid in many other countries i think even in australia ..its old news so i forgot details

wont it be better to just not allow anyone else make product which look exactly like ipad like that freaking mipad by xaiomi ? make design more detailed and just not allow anything which is too close to it ? Xiaomi-MiPad1.jpg now this should never be allowed but is patent of rounded corner really answer to this ?
dude.. looks like xiaomi will be opening a RnD division in bangalore :woot: some of their inbuilt apps are simple , basic UI and really kewl