There is hope

Ram

After seeing Attapattu - Sangakkara partnership today , I am feeling much more at ease. I was lulled into thinking that the Aussie bowlers were quite invincible and would run through SL and our batting order , but these two have shown they can be defied. If we just manage to get past the opening spells of the faster bowlers and succeed in keeping McGill at bay , i say the Aussie threat falls by 30%. A lot depends on Jaffer-Karthik.

Guest dada_rocks

Again Atapatuu seeing at least three fielders parading on boundary line sud never have attempted that shot.. Irresponsible shot otherwise srilanak wud have been 240 for one

yeah in fact after Mac's piss poor performance ... I expect to quick wickets throughout since they may not even play a spinner period ... they may try and just outgun us with their quicks
It'll be interesting to see what their strategy is against us. Taking into account the fatigue factor of Indians and just one practice game to acclimatise, I'm expecting a 2-0 result in favour of Australians. Anything less will be a success for us and failure for Aussies!

Teams tend to play Australia's reputation than their players. Bowlers like Lee and Johnson aren't exactly perfect - sure, they will bowl some unplayable stuff, but you can score off them if you treat every ball on its merit. Lee especially, can be wayward at times - big scoring opportunity right there. I think India will do fine in Australia. Jaffer as we all know, is a class act and Karthik is a very complete batsman

I'm expecting a 2-0 result in favour of Australians. Anything less will be a success for us and failure for Aussies!
yeah sure so if we go with that mindset that we have to lose the series with a lesser margin.. then we surely are India... a series defeat either by 1-0 or whatever margin would hurt.. and won't be a successful series..
yeah sure so if we go with that mindset that we have to lose the series with a lesser margin.. then we surely are India... a series defeat either by 1-0 or whatever margin would hurt.. and won't be a successful series..
Don't have such a high expectation, Cricketics! Just think that the players are playing non-stop cricket since last 8 months. Bowlers must be extremely tired. On top of that, we have to win the home test series. Then head to Australia, without any preparation or gameplan, because we don't even have a coach. Then we get only one tour game to acclimatise and dang!!Our team is thrown to hungry wolves. You expect them to do better and not to lose the series?? That is really unrealistic!

see i am not sure if a coach all of a sudden would make this team a solid outfit to perform well against Australia.. so a coach or no caoch doesn't really matter this time.. yes team has played non stop cricket from past 8 monthz.. in a way this is advantage to us that playerz haven't lost it and are in touch with cricket... that said.. i agree that playing just one warm up game is a demerit....but perhapz not that much really or we would have a chance to come back strong as its a long 4 match test series.. surely another warmup game or two would have been helpful..

After seeing Attapattu - Sangakkara partnership today , I am feeling much more at ease. I was lulled into thinking that the Aussie bowlers were quite invincible and would run through SL and our batting order , but these two have shown they can be defied. If we just manage to get past the opening spells of the faster bowlers and succeed in keeping McGill at bay , i say the Aussie threat falls by 30%. A lot depends on Jaffer-Karthik.
If IND bat 1st on a decent pitch then they will be in with a good chance. The AUS bowling attacks severely lacks experience.
If they walk in to the test series saying to themselves "ahh losing by 1 test will be a good result for us" then they will almost certainly get hammered. For now the team management should see it as a golden opportunity to beat AUS the excuses can be made if and when they have actually lost the series.
If they walk in to the test series saying to themselves "ahh losing by 1 test will be a good result for us" then they will almost certainly get hammered. For now the team management should see it as a golden opportunity to beat AUS the excuses can be made if and when they have actually lost the series.
Players NEVER go with that mindset, as far as I know. But fans should be realistic. Tics, With a coach in our ranks, he could at least have planned things. Who'll do the planning here? Where is the time to even think about that series, forget about planning and preparation?

planning and preperation can be done in same way as done against England.. now i know offcourse Australia is 100 timez better team then England but then i seriouzly feel bringing coach or having coach to lead us to australia won't really be making any difference.. This team can win in Australia or Draw the series in Australia without a coach too.. no, its not about being over confident.. its about the unpredictability of this team...

Players NEVER go with that mindset' date= as far as I know. But fans should be realistic. Tics, With a coach in our ranks, he could at least have planned things. Who'll do the planning here? Where is the time to even think about that series, forget about planning and preparation?
They do. Most of the lesser teams walk in with an attitude where you can sense that they don't really mind losing to AUS as long as they can beat the weakers teams.
planning and preperation can be done in same way as done against England.. now i know offcourse Australia is 100 timez better team then England but then i seriouzly feel bringing coach or having coach to lead us to australia won't really be making any difference.. This team can win in Australia or Draw the series in Australia without a coach too.. no' date=' its not about being over confident.. its about the unpredictability of this team...[/quote'] For England series, we had time. This time we don't have that. Can't you make out? When is the 3rd test finishing? 12th Dec. When are we playing our first side game?20th Dec. And travel to Australia is included in that time!