Everyone is upset over how Sanga was adjudged out. Will India get such shockers ?

fineleg

not if process A and process B are the ONLY two processes available in the first place!
But the ICC are clearly saying using process B, we get 5-10% decisions wrong. So they know for a fact that process A is more accurate to make that claim, right?
And if a screw guage and a vernier calliper is ALL you have and know of, then one must be used to validate the other and vice-versa. Not a question of better process evaluating the other. If you have only two processes and those two processes are in competition with each other, then you'd need a third process to break the tie- which is unavailable here.
Again, the ICC are clearly saying that the measurement from a vernier is not as accurate as a screw gauge, so it's a natural that they have performed the calibration somehow, else their statement would have been the measurement of the vernier and screw gauge are discrepant by 10% and not that the vernier is 10% inaccurate.
Within 5 minutes, someone will chime in quoting India's wonderful Twenty20 record over the Evil Communist Nasty Bully Australians. BTW, welcome to the board - just curious, but did you come over from AC?
Come over from AC? I am not sure what that means (Australia Cricket perhaps). No. I just looked for a site I could wind up some Indians before they get smashed in another series. You'd think with a population 50 times the size of Australia that should be a piece of cake, but no fo you guys. Having read some of the posts on this site, it is no wonder India has lost for so long.
No, they know by using process A, process B comes with 5-10% inaccuracy. This is an interdependent relationship here,not a process heirarchy, since there are only two processes and they are in contest. That is fairly simple logic.
They are not saying that at all. Their statements have been on the lines that umpires get 90% of their decisions correct, which is an absolute statement.

Welcome to ICF, Thievery Corp. Don't underestimate India. This is one team which has given AUS a good run for their money in every test series they have played them in during this decade. They are coming off a series win in England and there won't be any lack of motivation from many of the Indian cricketers this time around either - some of their careers are drawing to an end, this will be their last tour of AUS and they want to sign off on a high. In ODIs of course, you have our number. No doubt about that.

Come over from AC? I am not sure what that means (Australia Cricket perhaps). No. I just looked for a site I could wind up some Indians before they get smashed in another series. You'd think with a population 50 times the size of Australia that should be a piece of cake' date=' but no fo you guys. Having read some of the posts on this site, it is no wonder India has lost for so long.[/quote'] Yet another wannabe wind up merchant. Stick around and surely you will see who's going to be wound in the next few weeks :finger:
Wrong again. It's only the fans who get their nickers in a twist over such decisions. The players know it pretty much evens out.
I couldn't care less about what happens in a test match between SL & AUS, to be honest. Just making an observation...which i think is right, judging by the # of times i have seen cricketers overreacting when they are wrongly given out. Yuvraj Singh's "dissent" the other day being one of many examples. Do you seriously think that the players don't care ?
I couldn't care less about what happens in a test match between SL & AUS, to be honest. Just making an observation...which i think is right, judging by the # of times i have seen cricketers overreacting when they are wrongly given out. Yuvraj Singh's "dissent" the other day being one of many examples. Do you seriously think that the players don't care ?
Part of my whole point about this paranoid nonsense could be posed thus, Preds: Have have you seen batsmen fined for dissent when they got a life from an umpire ? The batsman knows he's got a feather but the umpire (correctly) gives him not out because he wasn't convinced there was an edge. Batsman: "But, Rudi. I hit it!" I don't think so. :regular_smile:
Perhaps I should've said " It's only the fans and Indian captains who get their nickers in a twist over such decisions.
Awww, come on... How many times have you seen Ponting talking back to the umpire ? Remember the incident on the Bangladesh tour when he got right in the face of the umpire over Aftab Ahmed's dismissal ? He was fined 25% of his match fee. All that over just one measly decision ? Ponting obviously wasn't thinking "oh, this is just part of the game...it all evens out", was he ?

But Inzi openly complains about many things... not being selected in the ICC World XI... only being selected in the ICC World XI for one form of the game... his teammates being accused of ball tampering... not enough parathas being provided in the lunch buffet at Lord's... 'Allah was willing Ireland to win', etc...