Yuvi will have to wait....

beetle

Well I dont see how it would work if they dropped Dhoni ... then Karthik would have to open the batting and keep ... which in tests is extremely difficult. If Yuvraj could open he would have had a spot a while ago ... can u imagine a top 6 like this ... Sehwag' date=' Yuvraj, Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Laxman ... wow!!![/quote'] I always believed that Dhoni is just one bad test series from his place being certain questioned. His match-saving innings in Lords in the first test in England quite literally resurrected his career. The team will find it harder and harder to keep Yuvraj out the eleven , if Dhoni fails with the bat and they feel Karhik can do both keeping and opening.

It should have been a toss up between Gangs and Yuv. Seeig that Yuv at his peak and Gangs was struggling in the ODIS. Id back him to grid his way to rus in the tests, but we could have done with YUrajs attacking batting and energy in the field. NO way could DK have kept and opened...too much to ask.

Ganguly and Laxman shud seriously retire .. we have so many MO bats in the reserves.. we shud start playing them with dravid and sachin being the pillars... but i dont think these 2 old maggots will retire for now. they will b kicked out after the disastrous OZ tour..
I think its kindaa fair for them(unfair to yuvi ofcourse) to play this series cuz India is on a winning note in tests. But they are under a lot of pressure and yuvi will get his due very soon.....he is almost there.....

dude looks like some people havent been updated with news, Laxman single handidly almost won a couny championship for Lancashire. I dont know what your talking about saying he hasnt scores domestically. Dont let Yuvrajs form inODIs and 20 20s fool you. Laxman is a class act, with inmind he must perform for his existence in the tests, because how can you go to australia without Laxman? I personally think Laxman should bat up the order. Laxman should just continue his sublime form to shut his critics up, but Kumble seems to be a sensible captain.

dude looks like some people havent been updated with news' date=' Laxman single handidly almost won a couny championship for Lancashire. I dont know what your talking about saying he hasnt scores domestically. Dont let Yuvrajs form inODIs and 20 20s fool you. Laxman is a class act, with inmind he must perform for his existence in the tests, because how can you go to australia without Laxman? I personally think Laxman should bat up the order. Laxman should just continue his sublime form to shut his critics up, but Kumble seems to be a sensible captain.[/quote'] Dude, if you dont want the 20-20 and 50-50 to fool us, how abt u dont let country cricket fool you. Atleast in 20-20 and 505-0 you face worldclass bowlers and play under pressure in international cricket.Plus fielding is world class..not laxmans plus point...is it? Either way, nuttin against laxman. Lets see how long him or gangs can keep yuvi out of the team. If he can score runs, all is well for him.

^ Actually Laxman's fielding is actually not bad ... last year when India didnt play him ... their slip cordon was a lot weaker ... Laxman is a handy slipper and has quick reflexes ... which was one of the reasons they field him in short mid on and short mid off sometimes. What Rohan was trying to say was that at least Laxman is showing good form in a longer-version of the game ... which is something I can not say about Yuvraj ... why isnt Yuvraj going back to domestic cricket and trying to prove his place there ? When was the last time Yuvraj played a game for his domestic team (Punjab) ? 2005? 2004?

^ Actually Laxman's fielding is actually not bad ... last year when India didnt play him ... their slip cordon was a lot weaker ... Laxman is a handy slipper and has quick reflexes ... which was one of the reasons they field him in short mid on and short mid off sometimes. What Rohan was trying to say was that at least Laxman is showing good form in a longer-version of the game ... which is something I can not say about Yuvraj ... why isnt Yuvraj going back to domestic cricket and trying to prove his place there ? When was the last time Yuvraj played a game for his domestic team (Punjab) ? 2005? 2004?
1. Yuvraj is in the squad and thus he can't go to play domestic cricket.He is in squad means he can play anytime if someone is injured or their form drops and that is why we select a squad of 14 and not 11......This comment is getting old. I am sure if he wasn't in the squad he will be playing domestic cricket but its not his form thatis keeping him out of the team but cuz of old warhorses occupying his spot....and check the stats predator posted..when he played for punjab last time..won them games single handedly... 2. Slips is where you tend to hide your worse fielders usually. How many can you hide there is the question? 3 Form in county or domestic wont count for much if you cant keep on perforing where it matters...in international scene...not trynaa say laxman wont score but that he needs to now or his or sum1 else's middle order spot is in danger 3. Its fair laxman is playing right now but he or Ganguly better keep scoring.

^ Australia select squads of 14 too but theyre no.12,13 and 14 when not picked ask to go play domestic cricket and then cricket australia brings in locals. If you have a look at Australia's 12 man for most of their test matches ... it is never actually the 12th man that was picked but rather some local junior. The actual 12th man is off playing domestic cricket. England, and SAF all do the same thing. Its difficult to do that with away series' but with home series (esp one right in the middle of a domestic season), it is easy. Secondly, you couldnt be more wrong about slips being where you hide your worst fielders. Mid-off, Mid-on are where you hide your worst fielders. Slips are where you put fielders with quick reflexes, thats why for Australia ... Matthew Hayden fields in the slips while Stuart MacGill fields at mid-off/mid-on.