When was the last time a team scored just 210 runs in a day ?

Ram

I cant seem to recollect. Such a snail-pace is almost unheard of in the last many years. It could mean either of these things, -- The wicket was low , slow, not conducive for strokeplay -- Ultra-defensive approach by Pak -- Good bowling by Ind -- Combination of everything. Even if Ind bats out of its skin , I dont think they can make 400+. The wicket is like that. We better clean them up tomorrow.

Perhaps, it may be because Pakistan were in real trouble at 140 odd with 8 out. The commies were making comments that this is a Test match and you have to keep on getting runs and that you cant have a low s/r. I though that was ok by Pakistan given the situation they were in. And its not ODI, that they have to go for sixes and then get out. I really think that India should've got them out yesterday. That 8th wicket partnership has already made like 70 odd. We cant let them score more than 15-20 runs tomorrow. Otherwise,we would be throwing away the initiative that was provided earlier in the innings.

People critisized Misbah for playing so slow but it has paid off in the end. The've gotten a good 70 runs off a 9th wicket partnership. The approach was defensive, but if Pak weren't in trouble, the pace would have picked up. As it happened, Pakistani batsman failed to get themselves in, so there was no choice really.