Can Pakistan enforce a "special follow-on" so we stupid fans can be spared an extra day?

fineleg

well we did allow them to get to 230 after being down at 142-8. But the point is India did get to 70-1 and pakistan hit back with fantastic bowling after lunch. In test cricket, half an hour of inspired cricket can often offset an entire day's cricket. Thats what happened post lunch. With the exception of Sachin, all the top order wickets were due to some very good bowling. Karthik's technical deficiency was exploited by Akthar, Wasim Jaffer too was beaten by angle and length and played on his crease. Ganguly was beaten and bowled through the smallest gap in defence and Dravid was almost squared up on playing slightly across and bowled by a beauty. All this on a pitch that was hardly doing anything to help bowlers. So we have to admit that although this Pak team is by no means classic, they played classic test cricket for an hour and it was at a crucial stage of the 1st innings and paid a lot of dividends for them
Hari, I disagree. Wickets that fell due to "very good bowling": MS Dhoni - drew him into shot, and then good loop and guile Wasim Jaffer - good pace worked up by Actor Wickets that fell due to poor technique or poor defense/shot: Karthik - poor technique Ganguly - cramped for room, but instead of playing straight, he played with an angled bat Dravid - this is a mistake by dravid - normally decent delivery - no peach - mistake is on dravid (maybe lapse in concentration - but it was not a tight defence) Brain dead for a minute: Tendulkar - even if he had not slipped, he should not have run 2 - this is Test match!!! but he slips and still tries to "scamper" So, Tendulkar - ok - happens sometimes - fine, forgiven. No more brain dead moments allowed for him in this series though. This has to be the last for this series. But Karthik, Ganguly and Dravid really let us down.
Hari, I disagree. Wickets that fell due to "very good bowling": MS Dhoni - drew him into shot, and then good loop and guile Wasim Jaffer - good pace worked up by Actor Wickets that fell due to poor technique or poor defense/shot: Karthik - poor technique Ganguly - cramped for room, but instead of playing straight, he played with an angled bat Dravid - this is a mistake by dravid - normally decent delivery - no peach - mistake is on dravid (maybe lapse in concentration - but it was not a tight defence) Brain dead for a minute: Tendulkar - even if he had not slipped, he should not have run 2 - this is Test match!!! but he slips and still tries to "scamper" So, Tendulkar - ok - happens sometimes - fine, forgiven. No more brain dead moments allowed for him in this series though. This has to be the last for this series. But Karthik, Ganguly and Dravid really let us down.
I agree but for one thing.. Karthik is a new kid and this is his 1st time opening against Akthar & co .. u shud give him some time to settle in.. Im sure he will come good in the 2nd innings.. I wud say mainly GANGULY and dravid let us down...
I agree but for one thing.. Karthik is a new kid and this is his 1st time opening against Akthar & co .. u shud give him some time to settle in.. Im sure he will come good in the 2nd innings.. I wud say mainly GANGULY and dravid let us down...
Zubin, Phew! Finally someone agrees :two_thumbs_up: But, regarding Kartik - I think its not his problem really. He REALLY is a LOWER MIDDLE order batsmen, and will probably do quite fine there. Its unfair on him to thrust him in opener role in Test matches. Thats not his skill, thats not what he has technique for. So, India should find a sound test match opener. Thats what is the real issue. If becos of that we can accomodate only one of KKD or MSD - then so be it, choose the best one for lower middle order+keeping.

MP, He is trying to play a "wristy work-to-the-on-side" VVS Laxman like shot. Should have been more conservative and not played across the line like that. That was a loose shot - It indeed had some risk associated with it, and this was not the time to play a risky shot. Usually Dravid is more conservative and careful, and thats why it was a letdown.

MP, He is trying to play a "wristy work-to-the-on-side" VVS Laxman like shot. Should have been more conservative and not played across the line like that. That was a loose shot - It indeed had some risk associated with it, and this was not the time to play a risky shot. Usually Dravid is more conservative and careful, and thats why it was a letdown.
You are probably right but i won't call it a major error. Another interesting thing to note is that both of Tanvir's wickets came after he was struck for a boundary. In S Ganguly's case he played a cut through the point area and the next ball for the first few yards started at a similar trajectory yet kept coming in to the bat and Sourav was beaten by the inswing. In Dravid's case once again the wicket ball at first looked similar to the boundary ball but it ended up seaming off the pitch and beating the outside edge of the bat.

Finey , for someone who has been watching cricket for so long , dont you still realize that you cant always expect our players to perform at their best all the time ? Your expectations are just not practical. You arent being constructively critical either. Just throwing a lot barbed comments at the players. As a sports lover , you are yet to grow up !

Finey , for someone who has been watching cricket for so long , dont you still realize that you cant always expect our players to perform at their best all the time ? Your expectations are just not practical. You arent being constructively critical either. Just throwing a lot barbed comments at the players. As a sports lover , you are yet to grow up !
I will accept your remark Sriram. I have that issue. I am a perfectionist in many things, and I am that way to myself too. Its not easy, and it can alienate folks around me. I've been that way right since the time I will be furious when I make a silly mistake in some darn Math test. It just has to be centum and nothing else for me. Same when I do some work. While no doubt, it has helped me achieve some of the successes that I have, it (being a perfectionist) has caused some problems too. Expectations not being practical is one, and some frustration in others is another one. If one has to become a "manager at work" - just for example - I know I need to tone this down, becos not everyone does everything perfectly and it will cause problems. Even I ofcourse dont do everything perfectly, but I will be angry then even if it is myself! So,
I will accept your remark Sriram. I have that issue. I am a perfectionist in many things, and I am that way to myself too. Its not easy, and it can alienate folks around me. I've been that way right since the time I will be furious when I make a silly mistake in some darn Math test. It just has to be centum and nothing else for me. Same when I do some work. While no doubt, it has helped me achieve some of the successes that I have achieved so far, it (being a perfectionist) has caused some problems too. Expectations not being practical is one, and some frustration in others is another one. If one has to become a "manager at work" - just for example - I know I need to tone this down, becos not everyone does everything perfectly and it will cause problems. Even I ofcourse dont do everything perfectly, but I will be angry then even if it is myself! So, its a whole different thing - hard to explain. It enables success but at the same time needs to be toned down at times.

Every wicket that fell yesterday was earned by Pakistanis (with the exception of Dhoni's & Tendulkar's) KKD was never comfortable with Akhtar's pace. Pace & late movement did him. Jaffar was beaten by sheer pace & was caught on the crease. Ganguly & Dravid were beaten by some seam movement. Tendulkar had a brain lapse, but Pakistanis did well to cash in. Dhoni could have avoided that shot but i'd put his wicket down to his bad ankle. A healthy Dhoni would not have been beaten by that delivery.

I will accept your remark Sriram. I have that issue. I am a perfectionist in many things, and I am that way to myself too. Its not easy, and it can alienate folks around me. I've been that way right since the time I will be furious when I make a silly mistake in some darn Math test. It just has to be centum and nothing else for me. Same when I do some work. While no doubt, it has helped me achieve some of the successes that I have achieved so far, it (being a perfectionist) has caused some problems too. Expectations not being practical is one, and some frustration in others is another one. If one has to become a "manager at work" - just for example - I know I need to tone this down, becos not everyone does everything perfectly and it will cause problems. Even I ofcourse dont do everything perfectly, but I will be angry then even if it is myself! So, its a whole different thing - hard to explain. It enables success but at the same time needs to be toned down at times.
sounds familiar and scaryyyyyy..
Can Pakistan enforce a "special follow-on" so we stupid fans can be spared an extra day? (okay, you 'intelligent' fans arent all that stupid as me, fine... thats ok) In 2-innings, I think India will score less than 230 (2 inn put together) or maybe just over it. So, can Pak get a special rule to enforce this, and Kumble should agree since he does need to waste his time and effort bowling his heart out for these PATHETIC batsmen. Ciao.
I didnt watch our batting but one look at the score card reminded me of the last test in previous series. Now both YK and MY will get big 100s and we will regret messing up first innings. Lets hope bowlers keep thing tight in second innings as well.
Sriram, Is expecting a score of 300/5 against a shitty side not practical?? and when do our players have performed consistently lets say more than 2 tests??? and expecting our players to play senisbly isa realistic one IMO... mebe we shudnt expect anything considering tht we have shi.t load of inconsistent players...
Sriram, Is expecting a score of 300/5 against a shitty side not practical?? and when do our players have performed consistently lets say more than 2 tests??? and expecting our players to play senisbly isa realistic one IMO... mebe we shudnt expect anything considering tht we have shi.t load of inconsistent players...
:D this is exactly what he is telling us, though i think he is too much of a "fan" to admit that what we have is a sh#% load of inconsistent players and inconsistent performances
Finey ' date=' for someone who has been watching cricket for so long , [b']dont you still realize that you cant always expect our players to perform at their best all the time ? Your expectations are just not practical. You arent being constructively critical either. Just throwing a lot barbed comments at the players.
Then stop dreaming of a win against aussie that to in aus. and how the hell does someone get runout against Pak.